Run Speed(swiftness)

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Starcraven.7632

Starcraven.7632

Hi, i would love to be able to run at 25% out of combat like the other six class That CAN with trait or signet. The guardian have the same problem.

I have every class at 80 and i can not buy travelers rune to those 2 class just to be able to run at the same Speed as other. Those runes cost 60gold. It’s to much investment for just run Speed That other class have the easy Way.

I Know there is other tools to have swiftness but it doesn’t last long enough.(focus and food).

I just began roaming alone and i dislike changing weapon just to get 10-12 seconds of swiftness.

If you Know an other Way of getting swiftness with lower cost, just tell me.

If i was in anet shoes, i Will give everyone a 25% Speed out of combat to every class so they CAN concentrate on other skill.

Thank you for your feedback

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Well, there are runes of the centaur, which I use. They give some nice swiftness on heal, along with some power and 15% bleeding duration. Then there are runes of the air, which give crit-dmg, a short swiftness on heal and a nice chance to hit attacking opponents with lightning strike. And last but not least, there are runes of speed, which give some vitality, a chance for getting a bit of swiftness if you’re hit, and a passive movement speed increase of 25%. All three of those rune sets give +20% swiftness duration.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

The thing is, lets say the put 25% in a mesmer signet… I would still run with my traveler set, as I prefer to free up a slot for another utility skill and keep the speed in the runes. 60g may sound a lot – and did hurt my pocket – but was real worth it.

I’m not saying wouldn’t be great to have speed (lets say for now in…) the signet, could free up to have more builds/set with different runes and keep the speed – but I have even friend thiefs trying traveler’s out so they don’t use signet.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

It’s not just Mesmers that are using Traveler’s. Even classes with a speed signet are switching over to Traveler’s Runes and dropping their speed signet for something else.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Runes of Speed are cheap and provide nice vitality buff.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Runes of Speed are not very good. Vitality isn’t a very good stat in most cases.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Runes of Speed are fine if you accept that you’re taking it just for the +25% and nothing else. The vitality and other benefits are basically worthless (swiftness duration? we’re taking this because we don’t have swiftness to buff) to a mesmer. It’s fine for off-sets of rare-quality armor. But if you’re breaking the bank for your main set exotics, you shouldn’t give up that much potential optimization just for a speed buff. Save up and spring for the good stuff.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

25% wont amount for much. You need high swiftness, and preferably a long range blink.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Well, my thief has Sig. of Shadows to run at 25%, but i bought traveler runes to free up on utility slot. And i did the same for my mesmer and do not regret.
60g is better than lose 1 utility slot or major trait.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

25% wont amount for much. You need high swiftness, and preferably a long range blink.

I disagree. 25% swiftness is huge compared to no swiftness.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I disagree. 25% swiftness is huge compared to no swiftness.

So/so.

It’s a tactical advantage if you roam solo, otherwise your group can usually cover for you anyhow, and in PvE you just teleport around.

It’d still be a huge boon, but I’d rather have 4 useful signets because I wouldn’t waste a utility slot on run speed in any case. If I could slot it on the elite slot, maybe. But my utility slots are way too powerful and precious.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

If I could have any one speed signet ported over from another profession, it would definitely be Signet of Air from elementalist. 25% speed with an AoE blind and stunbreaker on a 30 second cooldown click.

Still, even that would be a hard sell for me on a mesmer. On a cramped skill bar, if I need to trim down to just one stun breaker, it would still be Blink.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I tried the runes of swiftness, but hated the loss of damage. Runes of the centaur still work best for me. At least I get some power out of it, and with mirror image + focus, perma-swiftness.

Alternatively, if you go full boon duration (water, monk, travelers) I think you also can get perma swiftness from the focus.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If they gave mesmers a 25% speed signit, all that’d happen is a few days of joy followed by another year of complaints how everyone else has perma swiftness uptime and we’re 8% slower at best without taking a focus and rehash current swiftness woeful arguments here.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

If I could have any one speed signet ported over from another profession, it would definitely be Signet of Air from elementalist. 25% speed with an AoE blind and stunbreaker on a 30 second cooldown click.

Still, even that would be a hard sell for me on a mesmer. On a cramped skill bar, if I need to trim down to just one stun breaker, it would still be Blink.

Yeah I’ve always wished we had 25% Movement Speed on Decoy as a passive and when you use Decoy, you lose the 25% swiftness.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Starcraven.7632

Starcraven.7632

thanks for all your feedback. i just test the centaurs runes in the mist, they seem to do the job well, with mantra or mirror heals…

Just check the price, they are really cheap. 1.20 gold for 6x compare to 6x traveler at 58.75gold…

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Centaur are okay but won’t give you 100% swiftness by themselves. I suggest you buy an exotic Cold Potion off the TP for some silver. Re-using the Cold Potion on CD along with Centaur runes will give you pretty much 100% swiftness and the best part is you don’t have to waste you heal.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: sandvich.8259

sandvich.8259

I don’t like playing with Focus but find I have to use it to get around WvW. I refuse to kitten my character with stats I don’t want from runes just to get a speed boost. Rune of the Traveler I would happily use because the stats are OK but not at the current price.

Run Speed(swiftness)

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

Get used to using the focus. It’s the best tool you have for running and as long as you swap back to your main weapon/offhand in time it’s not a problem. Even if you do get jumped with the focus out, it’s also an excellent escape tool with the AoE knockdown/pull. It’s probably the offhand I use the most in WvW, because it involves so much running from place to place.