Scepter Skill AA - Rework

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Hello, as many know, the scepter skill AA, is very slow and also annoying if you control three phantasmal in combat, I’ve always playing with the scepter (is my favourite weapon for mesmer) since leaving the game, and have seen many changes (for the better), but the scepter skill AA remains the same or so it seems.

On the other hand, with the trait grandmaster “malicious sorcery”, barely the speed increase is not noticeable on skill AA, I understand that it can be dangerous and can greatly increase the damage (especially on shatter skill more faster) if it increase speed attack AA, because it pulls out the clones more faster.

I open this debate, for to suggest new ideas mainly in the third skill of AA, especially if we control three phantasmal, one is substituted for a clone when use the third skill of AA, I suggest:

Ether Clone (Skill 3 AA)

Shoot out a third bolt of energy that damages your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt. If you controls three phantasmal, then inflict only Confusion instead summon clon.

Damage: 275
x1 Confusion (4s)
Range: 900

What you think of my idea?

With this change, we can control and play with three phantasmal with scepter, without the hassle of being destroyed by replaced by a clone. If we control two phantasmal and a clone, clone would replace by a clone, and third AA not inflicting confusion, only change if we control three phantasmal.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I’d like to stick with the current aa, but simply add your one sentence:

If you controls three phantasmal, then inflict only Confusion instead summon clon.

THIS is what we need.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

This must be PvE motivated

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Nah, I’d be fine with this in PvP. No need to be so careful with the AA when you have three phants you’d rather have up. Plus more condi.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Nah, I’d be fine with this in PvP. No need to be so careful with the AA when you have three phants you’d rather have up. Plus more condi.

The point being the concern for the survival of the phants is utterly unfounded in pvp, now more than ever in GW2 history XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

this isnt even the problem with mesmer’s scepter, it’s that the ether bolt chain is slower the farther away you are from your target. THAT is what needs a “rework”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

this isnt even the problem with mesmer’s scepter, it’s that the ether bolt chain is slower the farther away you are from your target. THAT is what needs a “rework”

Everything is wrong with the scepter AA… EVERYTHING. You guys missed the most obvious problem with scepter, though.

-Lots of lame scepter skins

Have you seen the skins that came out for Staff (and many other weapons)? Where are the omg-thats-so-f’n-cool Scepter skins?

(edited by Mikkel.8427)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Heres what I would like

Remove the clone generation and long cast time on the third part of the chain. Add burning. Clones can go through the whole chain now. Make the projectiles instant or vastly increase the speed so they may as well be instant.

Scepter will be more useful and fun and now becomes usable as a ranged Condi weapon and a decent ranged Power weapon, by Mesmer standards.

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Last several days, i thought a new idea:

Some permanent changes

• The projectiles of scepter now are very faster, striking with more precision a enemies, without delay chain AA skill. (Remain projectiles, but with the grandmaster trait “malicious sorcery” is very effective).
  • A little increase of durations “conditions” of AA skill. (The clon attack torment duration is 1s).
  • The third AA skill now inflict torment.
  • Now when you control three clones, the third AA skill inflict confusion instead summon clon. (Both clones as phantasm, you are controls three clones)

Ether Bolt

Damage: 183
x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Before it was x1 Torment 2s)

Ether Blast

x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Before it was x1 Torment 3s)

Ether Clone

Shoot out a third bolt of energy that damages and torment your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt. If you controls three clones, inflict Confusion instead summon a clone.

x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Add x1 Torment)
x1 Confusion (4s) <——- New change (Add x1 Confusion when you controls three clones)

With these changes, the scepter would be a viable weapon to build of “conditions” compared to other professions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Ah scepter. I remember when it still only applied one stack of confusion and confusing images was single target. Anyone who only had that first impression as the deciding factor likely deleted their mesmer.

Before Debilitating Dissipation was removed, clone death (as opposed to shatter) could actually provide more damage (via bleeding, vulnerability).

One stack of confusion on scepter autoattack would still be kind of pathetic. It’s once every three hits from your scepter, not all your clones. Compare that to staff, where burning/bleeding damage is not dependent on skill use / moving.

Right now with the low scaling of scepter attacks with power you basically are forced into staff as the second weapon set meaning your iwarlock isn’t going to do huge damage because you will need to put more into condition damage.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I think what’s be fun for Scepter would be to be the “clone weapon”, but it’d need a bit more extensive rework for that. Something like:

Ether Clone (AA, no chain)
Summon a clone to your left or right which attacks your current target. If you control 3 illusions of any kind, randomly swap with any clone in attack range of your target.
Yes, this means you teleport around like crazy!

Clone Shield
Protect yourself by blocking the next 1 to 3 attacks with a clone. A random clone will swap positions with you each attack, taking the blow instead. If it is destroyed as part of this attack, the attack suffers torment (4, 5s) and confusion (3, 10s). If you have no clone, you block the attack but nothing else happens.
Chain skill: Ether Bolt:
Abort your defensive stance and destroy one clone to send a bolt flying through targets in front of you, causing torment and confusion (probably not with the values above, not sure).

Confusing Images
Rapidly create clones wielding various weapons which attack the target then immediately disappear. You create 3 clones per second for 5 seconds, each lasting 1 second and attacking once in this time. Some clones cause confusion, the others direct damage. If you use a shatter ability at any point, this ability aborts afterwards.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

with all the block, aegis around the scepter can be problematic as your enemy can block and an enemy clone will created. might be funny.

i dont see any problem with the scepter speed attack including the last chain. its not that we stick with only the AA and also our main source of condition dmg is via illusions which not like any other class who relay on thier on attack to hit. we relay on creating a clones (no blocked no blind no evade), than the clone survive much time to attack and again no block, no blind, no evade. so we have to be twice lucky to get the dmg done or the condition so why cant we be more faster than others.

so if anet wants us to be more shattery give us the option to do so effectively

in Mesmer

Posted by: James Spades.4720

James Spades.4720

Problem seems to be that anet doesn’t want to separate pvp and pve skills and they balance everything around pvp.
Condi mesmer is strong in pvp but almost useless in pve so we’ve been in the wong side all this time.
The scepter speed could stay the same if the torment lasted longer.
My simple sugestion:

Ether Bolt (projectile)
x1 Torment (4s)

Ether Blast (non projectile – similiar to necro scepter )
x1 AoE Torment (4/3s) (radius 240) (the AoE effect would make this so much better in PvE without making a huge impact in PVP)

Ether Clone (non projectile, so we dont have to wait so much for the clone to spawn)
x1 Confussion IN adition to clone creation not instead
[x3 confussion if you control exacly 3 scepter clones.]

Counterspell
Should daze instead of blinding or at least be a bouncing attack.

Then of course its not only about scepter as we would need accompanying weapons.

Add confusion to the burning of the Pmage. And change PWarlock to cause stacks of a condition based on the number of condition on enemy (similar to the necro scepter 3) or lets say extend the durantion of damaging condition.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Condi mesmer is strong in pvp but almost useless in pve so we’ve been in the wong side all this time.

what????
strong in pvp you mean hot join?!
atm no one use it in serious pvp match (maybe me)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

This is a great idea. I like the idea of the final bolt becoming an “ether bomb” if you already control three illusions, applying confusion in an AoE around your target similarly to mantra of pain.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Problem seems to be that anet doesn’t want to separate pvp and pve skills and they balance everything around pvp.

^ This.

There will never be a true balance in this game until Anet finally separates the balance between pvp and pve (like in Guild Wars 1)… but unfortunately they don’t seem to have any interest/motivation to do that.

This is what causes many skills to be godly in pvp, yet worthless in pve, or vice versa.

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

New changes and ideas updates

I rework again the skill AA of scepter.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Also the second skill of scepter.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

With a few changes, we will have more pressure (conditions) with the scepter if you prefer to play with two weapons, for example scepter/sword or scepter/torch (if you do not want to play with the staff or greatsword). In addition, the skill AA of scepter Necro or mace Revenant, on each skill AA always inflict a condition, however, on the skill AA scepter mesmer now only inflict conditions on the two first AA skill, and with little durations.

Moreover, we not have the clone shows that replaces phantasm if we control three phantasms.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

With a few changes, we will have more pressure (conditions) with the scepter if you prefer to play with two weapons, for example scepter/sword or scepter/torch (if you do not want to play with the staff or greatsword). In addition, the skill AA of scepter Necro or mace Revenant, on each skill AA always inflict a condition, however, on the skill AA scepter mesmer now only inflict conditions on the two first AA skill, and with little durations.

Moreover, we not have the clone shows that replaces phantasm if we control three phantasms.

I LOVE YOUR IDEAS.

Few things:

1.) I suggest remove Torment on AA, Change it to something else like cripple, weakness, etc, we have so much torment. We have the number 2 for block, Maimed which is a lot. OR unique effects like boon hate, boon removal, or “next hit does X” This promotes more variety and just mindless spamming of conditions. We don’t need any braindead gameplay, what we need is more Engaging ones.

2.) Having Number 2 a full block will need to have its cd increased UNLESS, if only becomes a full block vs ranged/projectiles, melee range is 1 hit. Like the Ranger GS. Makes it balanced and have counterplay.

3.) Counterspell, remove torment. It’s just too much, A condi mesmer can put atleast 20 stacks of torment on you with just the block and maimed. It’s too much aids, put more engaging mechanics on it.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Condi Mesmer has only ever been strong in WvW roaming (due to food, more stat/rune choices, the bigger emphesis on 1v1 and not having to worry about stealth decapping a point). Now for some reason even though they say they will never balance around WvW and this is a form of WvW that they didn’t really intend anyway they have nerfed Mesmer several times in all modes because of the strength of this roaming build. Anyway condi Mesmer is trash in PvP.

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

I LOVE YOUR IDEAS.

Few things:

1.) I suggest remove Torment on AA, Change it to something else like cripple, weakness, etc, we have so much torment. We have the number 2 for block, Maimed which is a lot. OR unique effects like boon hate, boon removal, or “next hit does X” This promotes more variety and just mindless spamming of conditions. We don’t need any braindead gameplay, what we need is more Engaging ones.

2.) Having Number 2 a full block will need to have its cd increased UNLESS, if only becomes a full block vs ranged/projectiles, melee range is 1 hit. Like the Ranger GS. Makes it balanced and have counterplay.

3.) Counterspell, remove torment. It’s just too much, A condi mesmer can put atleast 20 stacks of torment on you with just the block and maimed. It’s too much aids, put more engaging mechanics on it.

It will be too much for you, but remember the mesmer that only have access to 2 perma conditions (Torment and Confusion), and are easy to clean. The scepter is a weapon of conditions, therefore, have to perform its role of damage conditions, especially with torment and confusion, in addition, it would help a lot in PVE (although they are two conditions for pvp), i see no problem that we have more access to torment with the skill AA and skill 2 of scepter, so i do not suggest never deleted torment, even more, I prefer that reduce the damage AA dry-skill that removing torment.

Adding more Torment on Counterspell is one more way of strategy if we decide to use a defensive and quickly as combat, the word says, against spell, while, if we decide that the channeling of the blockade, we decided a more defensive way and close combat, always with that extra help Autoreflect (on both sides, but use the skill na 2), it offset by comparing the protection offered skill 2 of sword (2s distortion of invulneravility), i think it would be fairer.

“Disillusioned Maim” is the option that gives us more access to torment, but we must not limit ourselves to that alone, the scepter need to apply torment of a base, without relying on this trait (if not, look at the guardian, have much access to burn, and it is the condition that causes more damage, but is very easy clean, because is one condition).

To remove boon, we have “Shattered Concentration” and Phantasmal Disenchanter (Null Field need more help, at least to be unblockable), apart from the third AA skill of Sword or “Stab Mind” (3 skill of Greatsword), and Arcane Thievery, so, the scepter is not their role in removing boon, the rol of scepter mesmer is to punish the enemy according while acting and their decisions, is the weapon closest to the role of mesmer of guild wars 1, punish the enemy as such acts, and with that, with the clones and your tricks of deception (reflect, block, stealth, etc), the enemy take the wrong path and takes damage only.

So, i prefer that the scepter mesmer have a little more access to torment and confusion (my ideas previously proposed), both Skill AA and 2 Skill, independently of traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Last several days, i thought a new idea:

Some permanent changes

• The projectiles of scepter now are very faster, striking with more precision a enemies, without delay chain AA skill. (Remain projectiles, but with the grandmaster trait “malicious sorcery” is very effective).
  • A little increase of durations “conditions” of AA skill. (The clon attack torment duration is 1s).
  • The third AA skill now inflict torment.
  • Now when you control three clones, the third AA skill inflict confusion instead summon clon. (Both clones as phantasm, you are controls three clones)

Ether Bolt

x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Before it was x1 Torment 2s)

Ether Blast

x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Before it was x1 Torment 3s)

Ether Clone

Shoot out a third bolt of energy that damages and torment your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt. If you controls three clones, inflict Confusion instead summon a clone.

x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Add x1 Torment)
x1 Confusion (4s) <——- New change (Add x1 Confusion when you controls three clones)

Most interesting change for me. Why? it fixes most deficits and lacks of scepter ( clunky animation, slow projectile, clone replacing phantasms when its full) and slightly buff to make it more appealing without deviate from it identity.