Scepter is proccing double clones

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

In EB right now experimenting with condi builds and scepter is most positively proccing 2 clones on the 3rd hit.

Meh, it’s actually good now for my shatter confusion spec of 0/20/20/0/30 with hoelbrak.

I’m sure it’s a bug though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

You should play around with your traits to make sure it’s not one of them doing it. If this turns out to be a ninja buff then it definitely has my interest.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Might want to rethink your experimenting methods, it’s only proccing a single clone for me. Tested with and without the scepter trait.

(edited by Dastion.3106)

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

Might want to rethink your experimenting methods, it’s only proccing a single clone. Tested with and without the scepter trait.

tested it in spvp and wvw, proccing double clones on both.

Must be a tactic, im running 0-20-20-0-30

Not using the scepter tactic at all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

tried it in pve with 20-20-30-0-0 getting double most of the times but not always.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Like I said, we’re going to have to do more detailed experimenting. I was running 0/0/20/20/30 at the time. What are your traits?

Based on what the two of you wrote, IF it is trait based then it’s somewhere in Duelist or Chaos and no more than 20 points in, since that’s the only cross-over in your builds.

(edited by Dastion.3106)

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

Like I said, we’re going to have to do more detailed experimenting. I was running 0/0/20/20/30 at the time. What are your traits? It looks like it’s probably somewhere in Duelist or Chaos.

I’m running some pve. I’ll hop back on my mesmer in half hour and let you know.

I’ll change everything and see if i can break the double proc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Funny you should say this. I played wvw for 20 mins before work this morning and kept thinking to myself when I went to shatter “oh, I have more clones out than I thought I did…”

This would explain it :p

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Except no one has been able to replicate it in a way that they can show others. I attacked sPvP dummies for a good bit and never saw two appear.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

had 2 appear for me, every attack, 20/0/0/20/30 using the scepter trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

im running 20 20 0 0 30 and getting double eveyr time it seems

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Is it really?? If true… Well, that changes my entire perspective that this update has largely been a nerf for Mesmers who focus on Clones/Phantasms for their playstyle. Scepter would truly be the weapon for those who are focused on Shatter-spam for damage/mitigations.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Is it really?? If true… Well, that changes my entire perspective that this update has largely been a nerf for Mesmers who focus on Clones/Phantasms for their playstyle. Scepter would truly be the weapon for those who are focused on Shatter-spam for damage/mitigations.

I’m about 99% sure this is a bug, not an intended change.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Can we beg ANet to make it an intended change?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hazal.9560

Hazal.9560

Just happened for me in WvW. I really hope its not a bug and just something they left out of the notes! (wouldn’t be the first time, the switch from confusion to bleeds on trident clones was also left out of the notes)

Although, I am almost sure its a bug and will be fixed in a timely fashion. As we all know Anet is quick to fix broken Mesmer skills…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

This will be fixed in a day, whilst iberserker was broke for almost 6 months

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Will someone who is doing it actually post their trait choices?

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

Except no one has been able to replicate it in a way that they can show others. I attacked sPvP dummies for a good bit and never saw two appear.

So what I have to post a video for you to believe us?

Here’s multiple people all saying the same thing and you’re telling me that WE have to prove to you the validity of our claims? As if we have some weird ulterior motive to lie about something so benign?

Anyways, before I get any ruder…..

(CRIT) Far reaching manipulations, Deceptive evasion

(TOUGH) Master of manipulation, Chaotic dampening

(ILLUSIONS) Illusionary persona, Master of Misdirection, Confusing cry

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Dueling I, X

Chaos III, VIII

Illusions II, V, XI

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

Dueling I, X

Chaos III, VIII

Illusions II, V, XI

Thanks man, hopefully a kitten video is enough to convince some of us…..

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Thanks Ross!

If that rather rude statement was directed at me, I believe you and never said I did not, I just wanted to try and figure out what’s causing it – which means we need more detailed information than “it happened”. We just had several people post that it happened but no one would post their trait choices, I believe you even said you’d do so and never did. Detailed information sorta helps to figure these things out

That’s not to say I don’t approach claims such as this with a healthy degree of skepticism. People have a tendency for seeing what they want to see. When the game was first released there were people who swore that clones could stomp enemies in PvP.

(edited by Dastion.3106)

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

If that was directed at me, I believe you. We just had several people post that it happened but no one would post their trait choices, I believe you even said you’d do so and would not. It sorta helps to figure these things out

That’s not to say I don’t approach claims such as this with a healthy degree of skepticism. People have a tendency for seeing what they want to see. When the game was first released there were people who swore that clones could stomp enemies in PvP.

It’s fine dude. I just am sensitive about being called a liar. Whatever, I’ll drop it.

You can see in the vid though pretty clearly what’s happening with the double clone.

I wish they would leave it this way to be honest.

Sorry, I’m not really the sort to test things very extensively, but this one is pretty obvious.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

It’s not a trait issue. I used the same traits as godmoney on the target golems in the pvp area and got only 1 clone spawn. Still trying to replicate it.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

I didn’t call you a liar, but please realize that wild claims are hardly rare in these parts. I was skeptical when only one person mentioned it since there are ways to get accidental clones (ie if you throw a feedback in front of an enemy Mesmer and he casts Ether Clone, the reflect causes you to get a clone).

Once someone else pipped in I believed, but we needed more information. Usually for things like this the culprit is the weapon trait, because of how they code those skills (each trait combination that effects a skill is a completely separate skill). That’s why sometimes when a skill gets buffed they forget to also buff the trait version. But I tested that in sPvP and couldn’t get it to work, I tried a few random chaos and duelist traits but still couldn’t mimic it… So it got frustrating that no one would give detail

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

It’s not a trait issue. I used the same traits as godmoney on the target golems in the pvp area and got only 1 clone spawn. Still trying to replicate it.

It might have something to do with the Illusion HP Change. Perhaps by splitting their health between game types they had to create a separate version if the skill for each type? That would explain why it isn’t working in sPvP.

I’d say go try it in WvW.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Just tried it in a pvp match with the same traits as godmoney. It worked. Currently untraiting then going to try again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takkattak.1974

takkattak.1974

was working for me in spvp running 20/0/10/20/20 .. dont think it happened on the target dummies but in duels it def happened.

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

I didn’t call you a liar, but please realize that wild claims are hardly rare in these parts. I was skeptical when only one person mentioned it since there are ways to get accidental clones (ie if you throw a feedback in front of an enemy Mesmer and he casts Ether Clone, the reflect causes you to get a clone).

Once someone else pipped in I believed, but we needed more information. Usually for things like this the culprit is the weapon trait, because of how they code those skills (each trait combination that effects a skill is a completely separate skill). That’s why sometimes when a skill gets buffed they forget to also buff the trait version. But I tested that in sPvP and couldn’t get it to work, I tried a few random chaos and duelist traits but still couldn’t mimic it… So it got frustrating that no one would give detail

NP dude. I’m too sensitive. My apologies.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Yep i was having 2 clones too, i hope they leave it that way to compensate for the huge nerfs.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reckless.6325

Reckless.6325

Lol “ninja buff” that’s a new one.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

I can also confirm this.
Doesn’t work on test dummy golems.
But if you go to WvW and use scepter on a mob, it will spawn double clones.

edit: just tested it in regular PvE zones, got only one clone.

(edited by Snoxx.7943)

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

yeah happened to me in pvp… very strange… if it is a bug I just hope they don’t break other stuff when the fix it.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer