Sensotix' Confusion Bomber (Phantasm Build)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

In this video i am going to explain everything you need to know about my confusion bomber… with some tricks you can stack up to 21 stacks of confusion on a single target in a matter of seconds
Check it out and have fun playing it!

Please feel free to ask any questions!

Pros:
- High Dmg Output on single targets (multiple targets in combination with epidemic)
- Good in Duels
- Good in Teamfights
- Teamsupport (Portal/could also use Illusion of Life)
- Easy to Disengage
- Safe Stomps
- Stealth
- Condition remove

Cons:
- Not that fast on the map

Link to the Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt9omOVnhrc

Link to the Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAraWlwziqnVzoGbNJhJF9G5nUwcpjqw1LpA35G-TsAAzCpIaS1krJTTymsNN+Y9xEBA

Twitch: http://de.twitch.tv/sensotix
Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c

(edited by Sensotix.4106)

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

If you liked it please sub to my channel for more tutorials and gameplays
And please leave comments here and/or on youtube

(>^-^)> <3 <(^-^<)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

I’ve been running 0/20/20/20/10 build. While Its a little different, the basic concept is the same. I mainly run it in wvw though. But I have messed with it a little bit in spvp

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

(edited by Kaamau.5341)

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

its awesome isnt it

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

Yah, while I wont give out the specifics of how I run it in wvw quite yet, it is very deadly.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Seems like a decent condition build. A couple weaknesses straight off is that not taking deceptive evasion will probably hurt you as you will probably rely on staff clones for general AoE conditions (and the scepter/pistol for burst condition).

The meta condition build relies on synergy between stealth and the torch offhand to deal condition damage while staying alive. Malicious Sorcery isn’t really a needed trait, when things could be put more into chaos, domination or even illusions for the utility they provide.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

the problem i have with torch atm is first of all that u cant stack 16 confusion stacks in a matter of seconds and the stealth is nice but also a problem because you are most likely to loose a capture point in 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 which is a huge problem

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Ahhh my bad OP. I forget that people care about spvp despite its lack of any progression. I can see how that would be bad in spvp, but in WvW its almost a requirement for condition builds. Even in spvp it could work for hotjoin, but I guess in tournament play it could be an issue. The phantasm on torch isn’t useful for confusion but useful for removing conditions (when traited) as with stealth, but the burn is a major source of burst-condition.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

yes indeed i agree totally and i enjoy tpvp because my team is hilarious and we are kinda successfull atm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Overlord.7394

Overlord.7394

So many people have trouble stacking confusion, but I don’t understand…. I mean, if you are using, say 5 in illusions, sc/t a pistol, some Condi duration and 6/6 perplexity runes that is EASY. Timewarp Get out 2 clone, torch 5 scepter 3 shatter 2, switch weapons, and use pistol 4, sw 3, dodge and shatter 3 boom, that is a good 23 give or take.

My name is Remy. I’m a proud member of Lion Knights. Defender of Borlis Pass.
80s: Mesmer, Engineer, Guardian.
In progress: Warrior 52.

in Mesmer

Overlord.7394

Btw, that looks like a long complex process but it could be done in the matter of less than 5 seconds, 3 to 4 of you are quick.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

indeed its so easy and people just dont get it thats why i made the video

in Mesmer

Overlord.7394

Awesome. I thought you would take offense to what I said though none was intended. Good on ya brother.

in Mesmer

Overlord.7394

Also, with perplexity, if you use mantra of distraction and domation line, things get interesting if you are trying to use a troll confusion build. Question:does vulnerability work on condi?

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

hm its actually a pvp build so no rune of perplexity i guess haha and no vulnerability is not that good i think

in Mesmer

Overlord.7394

I thought the same thing for a while but it is quite potent in like 3 to 5 man teams.

in Mesmer

Overlord.7394

If you stack up to 15 to 25, you increased everyone’s eng by 25%, so yeah it is worth it I think. 1v1? It is meh, better to use DoTs

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Good build. It’s not that poeple don’t get it though. In fact someone posted a very similar build a couple weeks ago. This is a great 1v1 build but starts to weaken quite a bit when facing muliple opponents due to the single target focus. I played something like it a couple months back and yeah you can you can really stack that confusion, even better now with perplexity runes.
You play it well, was fun to watch.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Good build. It’s not that poeple don’t get it though. In fact someone posted a very similar build a couple weeks ago. This is a great 1v1 build but starts to weaken quite a bit when facing muliple opponents due to the single target focus. I played something like it a couple months back and yeah you can you can really stack that confusion, even better now with perplexity runes.
You play it well, was fun to watch.

Thanks a lot yes i think its only really good in teamfights when u have a good necromancer with the right timing then u can oneshot teams

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Now if only we could get anet to give gw2 mesmers the gw1 mesmer skill epidemic so we can spread it ourselves … talk about overpowered. Nice teaming with the necro, have any video of that?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Now if only we could get anet to give gw2 mesmers the gw1 mesmer skill epidemic so we can spread it ourselves … talk about overpowered. Nice teaming with the necro, have any video of that?

That would be awesome and i also miss the interrupt mesmer from gw1 a lot!

no sadly not because i havent been recording tournament matches with my team yet because i experienced hard lagging when i did it with my old pc…i bought a new one so i assure u that videos like that will follow after the patch so like next week

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Thanks a lot for the feedback so far here and ingame

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I just wished the build included PU. Therefore, I wondered:

• How important is Malicious Sorcery? Does it finally work properly with Illusionairy Counter? If not, you are basically spending 10 points for reducing one cooldown (Scepter #3) and some reg from phantasms (Not sure how important the reg is for your teamplay).
  • How important are the 10 points in Illusions? You rarely shatter in your vid which is quite self explainatory since you want your duellists to apply the confusion. However, this makes the minor trait in illusions quite unimportant. So you are spending 10 points into Illusions for 1s additional confusion (shatters, confusing images). Combo confusion stacks should last 2s longer, I guess? (in case of 1 active duelist)

So, when thinking in different PvP scenarios… (no runes of perplexity)

Scenario A – 0/20/30/10/10

• 100 less condition damage (when using runes of the undead)
  • less constant reg boons
  • less health (1000)
  • longer CD for confusing images
  • more toughness
  • more protection
  • higher boon duration
  • longer stealth

Scenario B – 0/20/30/20/0

• 1s less confusion on shatter and confusing images
  • 2s less confusion per duelist combo
  • no confusion on mind wrack
  • same condition damage (when using rune of the undead)
  • higher toughness
  • more protection
  • more reg
  • higher boon duration
  • longer stealth

Do you have any experience with those builds?

I especially fancy scenario B since I question the benefit of the additional confusion duration. The confusion should have done its damage by then and the foe might also cleanse the confusion before it expires anyway. In case of WvW this might be different because of the runes of perplexity, of course.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

scenario b looks like a decent build and the confusion duration is absolutely essential..because imagine if your build focuses on stacking 21 bleeds in 6 seconds and then u dont have condition duration
so like 1 more tick confusion is already 2.2k at least so its totally worth it.

I have already tried above mentioned scenarios already in tournament play and thats why i finally came up with my one…it felt like it was perfect for my role
i come in do the confusion spike with the necromancer epidemic combo and then i disengage therefore i dont need extra toughness etc because the build is played like a thieves build

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

and yes malicious sorcery works with illusionary counter as well since it got fixed quite some time ago hope you enjoyed the video!
also with condition builds like this its actually up to anybody trying different variations ..this is what i like to play

in Mesmer

Xaylin.1860

Well… we’re not stacking 21 bleeds though *g. The application by the duelist is nearly instant so you’re not “loosing” any duration there. Additional confusion duration might be more important for confusing images because of the channeling. The additional second can make a difference, of course. I’m just not sure, if the effect is that great.

I guess I’ll just try the 0/20/30/20/0 since I have been running this trait set up as a power build since july anyway (<3 glamour and PU). If they don’t change anything crucial on tuesday that is… *g

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

i am so looking forward to the patch and about the bleeds i was trying to compare my confusion build with the bleeds of necromancer some time ago when it was so important to keep the bleedings ticking

in Mesmer

Xaylin.1860

Me too. Hoping for some leaked patch notes.

Although, I am a bit scared *g

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

nah if they nerf mesmer once more i wont touch it again haha
i started playing warri and thief for my team and i can contribute much more without being really good at those professions

in Mesmer

Xaylin.1860

Since there weren’t any Mesmer changes this patch (*yawn), I gave it a try yesterday.

0/20/30/20. I used feedback instead of portal for more confusion stacking.

I really liked the burst I could create with the confusion stacks. Was quite funny against unthoughtful players. I had some trouble though. Of course, it might be because of being used to my old build but some things might apply to this build in generell.

• I missed AoE Damage options (sword cleave)
  • No way to keep people from running away (had magic bullet on cd way too often)
  • The confusion burst got cleansed quite often (maybe just unlucky *shrug)

I am talking about hotjoins here. It might be different in tPvP since there are less people and you are more likely to only encounter 1-2 at a time. But good lord… this build really suffers when facing many enemies *g. I also wished I had more conditions to protect the confusion stacks from being cleansed. My worst encounter was with a necro… those filthy pets always got in the way of my duelist.

To sum it up: I really enjoyed the build and I think its quite viable in tPvP. Not that good for hotjoints though since it is very single targeted. It also is very very vurnerable to condition cleanses which will nullify most of your damage.

(edited by Xaylin.1860)

in Mesmer

Posted by: JKwervo.7852

JKwervo.7852

Sensotix, I’m thinking of picking this up for more viability in sPvP and hopefully transition to tPvP with it. Right now, I’m using JPortell’s protection build, and it’s pretty good, at least for me anyway. But he’s right that, interrupts kill me especially since i’m dependent on mantras for my heals and condition removals. So I was thinking of transitioning to this build.
Can you give me pointers as to what to lead off with in a fight? A rough rotation and what to exactly use when you’re getting pressured badly in a defensive corner? Thanks man!

@Xaylin, that’s what I was thinking as well, as far as your thoughts on it’s possible deficiencies.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Since there weren’t any Mesmer changes this patch (*yawn), I gave it a try yesterday.

0/20/30/20. I used feedback instead of portal for more confusion stacking.

I really liked the burst I could create with the confusion stacks. Was quite funny against unthoughtful players. I had some trouble though. Of course, it might be because of being used to my old build but some things might apply to this build in generell.

• I missed AoE Damage options (sword cleave)
  • No way to keep people from running away (had magic bullet on cd way too often)
  • The confusion burst got cleansed quite often (maybe just unlucky *shrug)

I am talking about hotjoins here. It might be different in tPvP since there are less people and you are more likely to only encounter 1-2 at a time. But good lord… this build really suffers when facing many enemies *g. I also wished I had more conditions to protect the confusion stacks from being cleansed. My worst encounter was with a necro… those filthy pets always got in the way of my duelist.

To sum it up: I really enjoyed the build and I think its quite viable in tPvP. Not that good for hotjoints though since it is very single targeted. It also is very very vurnerable to condition cleanses which will nullify most of your damage.

Indeed its kinda a tpvp build and lacks possibilities in fighting multiple enemies but glad u enjoyed playing it!

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Sensotix, I’m thinking of picking this up for more viability in sPvP and hopefully transition to tPvP with it. Right now, I’m using JPortell’s protection build, and it’s pretty good, at least for me anyway. But he’s right that, interrupts kill me especially since i’m dependent on mantras for my heals and condition removals. So I was thinking of transitioning to this build.
Can you give me pointers as to what to lead off with in a fight? A rough rotation and what to exactly use when you’re getting pressured badly in a defensive corner? Thanks man!

@Xaylin, that’s what I was thinking as well, as far as your thoughts on it’s possible deficiencies.

I have came up with an even better tpvp build i would say its the best atm
go check it out and comment on it int he forum thread
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Sensotix-Bountiful-Interruption-TPvP-Build/first#post2769199

in Mesmer

Xaylin.1860

I have already seen your new build. Might try a modified version of it in hotjoin later on *g

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

nice glad to hear that

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

I’m trying few variations of this build. What do you think of:
0/30/20/10/10? In this case I would take Deceptive Evasion as a third trait in duellist tree. It gels well with confusing combatants and the confusing flavour of the build.
0/30/20/0/20 for a faster duelist. Quicker recharge of glamour skills is not always needed
0/30/30/0/10 PU
0/30/20/20/0 mender’s purity over malicious sorcery or even longer duration of glamour skills.

Weapons. I’m debated whether to use sword/pistol + scepter/torch instead of staff. Ok staff#5 is good for stacking confusion with pistol but requires good timing while scepter and torch just need to be activated + an always good stealth which would go well with PU eventually.

Last. What’s the best gear to go with these confusion stacking combo builds? I see you went for rabid. Do you see carrion or even rampager to be viable?
Which gear would you advise for WvW?

I forgot to say I am using decoy, null field and feedback + mass invisibility

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

i would go for perplexity runes in wvw and for wvw i would go with s/p and sc/torch since the stealth is really awesome there
i think the recharge on glamour skills in only oligatory in pvp since it is much more fast action there so you can actually ignore that trailine.. i think the idea with pu is actually really great and would go well with torch

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

Thanks!
I too think that faster glamours are not really needed. But I still like the idea of confusing combatants so I think I will try 0/30/30/0/10 with sw/ps + sc/tc and perplexity runes.

However, I am still not sure of the gear to go with. All Rabid seems the easiest way but I would like to consider armor+weapons carrion and accessories rabid. It should give a good balance between toughness, HP, crit%, power and condi damage. What’s your PoW? Which food would you choose?

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

i think carrion would be better since the phantasms and you as well can still deal tons of dmg and with the right utilities like decoy you have good disengages as well

i really dont know about the food i have no clue haha i have never actually played pve that much sry