Sensotix Mesmer Condi TPvP After Patch Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Hey guys I have recently been theorycrafting a lot and this is the build that I came up with since the patch hit!
It focuses on heavy condition pressure and is perfect for side node fights

Have fun testing it!

All the needed information is in the video guide!
I will also upload footage of me playing this build in the next days!

Link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDnjcvQsdM

Updated Build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-egX-8-PTs

Link to my channel:
http://bit.ly/1ckKS8q

(edited by Sensotix.4106)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

hey sensotix!

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Hey Vuh!
/15 chars haha

in Mesmer

Posted by: derbaer.1284

derbaer.1284

Hey Sensotix, thanks for the new input, I really love to follow your builds and gameplay!

Ive got 2 questions with this one: do you play on point, in melee range to your enemy? For me it looks like it has to be that way; otherwise the clones wouldnt be close enough to the enemy when exploding, because you dont have sword clones.

And: is your dmg output enough to kill bunker builds (sep. guerdians and engis)? I used to play a similar clone-spamming build, but rebuild to shatter, b/c I couldnt down those nasty bunkers…

in Mesmer

Posted by: DirtyBird.6093

DirtyBird.6093

Hey Sensotix, since the patch i’ve been playing something very similar to your condi build. The differences being that i replaced the 20 points in inspiration, for 20 points in illusions to pick up V, X to get the confusion duration and phantasmal haste.

I do agree that the minor traits in the inspiration line are nice, but i really like the celerity to create more clone spamming to work with debillitating dissipation (sp). The confusion on shatter also works nicely with cry of frustration.

The one thing that i noticed with this build (and you mentioned yourself) is that its extremely passive and lacks real spike condi damage. You win the long fight. And in addition it really isnt the strongest contributor to larger group fights.

I find that the 20 in illusions helps with the aggressiveness/spike condi damage as it allows your phantasms to hit more frequently (duelist is huge dps for this build), you get more out of F2, and can clone spam more effectively.

I also use Decoy, Arcane thievery, and signet of domination for a faster/stronger duel. The downside of this is that i typically use lyssa runes for the condi clear, as i don’t rune nullfield and arcane thievery is somewhat unrealiable.

Let me know what you think!

-Blackgate-
[GoF] Smiks – Guardian/Necro
Thief/Mesmer Alts

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Sigh, this is not a new build. Aside from traits changing and new weapon functions being added there is literally nothing discovered here. Im sorry for coming off so hateful Sensotix, so don’t take this personally. I find it increasingly frustrating to keep seeing old things resurface as something new and “OP”.

Since the mass bandwagoning around the end of the Seven era, attention craving and claim staking has ran over the brim for sure.

Better yet claiming and then making comments like “I don’t like this build” or “its too cheesy” and the list is endless with spec insults. The real insult anymore I find in my everyday travels is that mesmers bring on more negativity, arrogance, and ignorance upon themselves and any other source.

/Rant off

Oh and proof, the links to my 7 month old videos, or better yet, the original content from Seven Mirror or Andromeda and the list goes on.

Mesmer pride.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Mesmer

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

In tpvp testing I have to say it’s very impressive Sensotix. I did make some minor tweaks, notably blink for decoy, however your build has all the core elements – mobility of portal + staff 2, condition pressure and the duellist + ether signet gives a burst option.

Conditions were an issue, although generally you can avoid most. I was tempted to go ether feast / menders but it’s not worth losing the burst option, regen and those shorter cooldown glamours.

I give this two thumbs up. Certainly as condi spec for tpvp, hard to see much better.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Hey Sensotix, thanks for the new input, I really love to follow your builds and gameplay!

Ive got 2 questions with this one: do you play on point, in melee range to your enemy? For me it looks like it has to be that way; otherwise the clones wouldnt be close enough to the enemy when exploding, because you dont have sword clones.

And: is your dmg output enough to kill bunker builds (sep. guerdians and engis)? I used to play a similar clone-spamming build, but rebuild to shatter, b/c I couldnt down those nasty bunkers…

Glad you enjoy them Always nice to hear that!

Yea this build mainly focuses on fights on the sidenodes and you really want to avoid fighting a guardian..you can get him on cooldown but killing a good guardian will take a while engineers are actually easier since confusion really hits them hard since they can’t really remove conditions all the time

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Hey Sensotix, since the patch i’ve been playing something very similar to your condi build. The differences being that i replaced the 20 points in inspiration, for 20 points in illusions to pick up V, X to get the confusion duration and phantasmal haste.

I do agree that the minor traits in the inspiration line are nice, but i really like the celerity to create more clone spamming to work with debillitating dissipation (sp). The confusion on shatter also works nicely with cry of frustration.

The one thing that i noticed with this build (and you mentioned yourself) is that its extremely passive and lacks real spike condi damage. You win the long fight. And in addition it really isnt the strongest contributor to larger group fights.

I find that the 20 in illusions helps with the aggressiveness/spike condi damage as it allows your phantasms to hit more frequently (duelist is huge dps for this build), you get more out of F2, and can clone spam more effectively.

I also use Decoy, Arcane thievery, and signet of domination for a faster/stronger duel. The downside of this is that i typically use lyssa runes for the condi clear, as i don’t rune nullfield and arcane thievery is somewhat unrealiable.

Let me know what you think!

I will try it out and tell you what I think about it Thanks for the feedback and ideas!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’d really like to see how you use this build, because I tried it last night for a couple of hours and have nothing good to say about it. I felt I didn’t have the healing to survive burst DPS or the condi damage to drop a player. I felt any class with aoe burst damage was dropping the clones too fast, any class with condition damage was burning me down and any class with good sustain was winning the attrition war. This was in soloQ

in Mesmer

Posted by: DirtyBird.6093

DirtyBird.6093

One question that i have is what role do you see yourself playing when using this mesmer build? I typically chose to throw portal on my bar and roam with it, but find it sometimes takes too long to get the bunker down and they reinforce before the fight is over…. You’re no way a bunker, not really a high dps contributor like you are in shatter cat, and don’t have very good synergy in group support in fights. I like the build, but would like to get your thoughts on how you can contribute to the team the best using this?

-Blackgate-
[GoF] Smiks – Guardian/Necro
Thief/Mesmer Alts

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

I’d really like to see how you use this build, because I tried it last night for a couple of hours and have nothing good to say about it. I felt I didn’t have the healing to survive burst DPS or the condi damage to drop a player. I felt any class with aoe burst damage was dropping the clones too fast, any class with condition damage was burning me down and any class with good sustain was winning the attrition war. This was in soloQ

I will record some gameplays for sure I changed some tiny things and it really is very powerful You will see

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

One question that i have is what role do you see yourself playing when using this mesmer build? I typically chose to throw portal on my bar and roam with it, but find it sometimes takes too long to get the bunker down and they reinforce before the fight is over…. You’re no way a bunker, not really a high dps contributor like you are in shatter cat, and don’t have very good synergy in group support in fights. I like the build, but would like to get your thoughts on how you can contribute to the team the best using this?

What I love to do is capping close because if somebody pushes you usually win the duel…and then directly roaming to far point since the sidepoints are very the build really outshines other builds…put a portal between these two points (on beach at forest of niflhel fe) and let your team tell you if they expect somebody running to your close so you can hold the two side nodes..another thing..on khylo you are perfect for the trebuchet part there is no better build because you can hold it since most classes use aoe to destroy it which hurts them a lot when killing your clones…especially in situation where somebody is destroying your treb you can roam to far since its a freecap 90% of the time (at least in solo q) put the portal somewhere around mid to get a semibunker to far to hold the point when the respawn comes and you support mid since it really is a rather small point where your build does his job

in Mesmer

Posted by: Greenfish.1270

Greenfish.1270

Sigh, this is not a new build. Aside from traits changing and new weapon functions being added there is literally nothing discovered here. Im sorry for coming off so hateful Sensotix, so don’t take this personally. I find it increasingly frustrating to keep seeing old things resurface as something new and “OP”.

Since the mass bandwagoning around the end of the Seven era, attention craving and claim staking has ran over the brim for sure.

Better yet claiming and then making comments like “I don’t like this build” or “its too cheesy” and the list is endless with spec insults. The real insult anymore I find in my everyday travels is that mesmers bring on more negativity, arrogance, and ignorance upon themselves and any other source.

/Rant off

Oh and proof, the links to my 7 month old videos, or better yet, the original content from Seven Mirror or Andromeda and the list goes on.

Mesmer pride.

Nothing is ever a new build.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

/Rant off

Mesmer pride.

Nothing is ever a new build.

I don’t really see the problem I can’t really remember all builds that have ever been posted on the forums since the game came out and I haven’t seen this one in tournaments yet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I will record some gameplays for sure I changed some tiny things and it really is very powerful You will see

Excellent! I’m really looking forward to seeing this build in action. The only build I’ve found to be useful so far for bunkering is a 10/20/10/20/10 build with Defender (or Disenchanter), so I’d like to see how a more bursty build holds up.
I’m particularly interested to see if it can actually burn down a warrior tank build.

Did you dump Signet of the Ether?

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Excellent! I’m really looking forward to seeing this build in action. The only build I’ve found to be useful so far for bunkering is a 10/20/10/20/10 build with Defender (or Disenchanter), so I’d like to see how a more bursty build holds up.
I’m particularly interested to see if it can actually burn down a warrior tank build.

Did you dump Signet of the Ether?

yes i dumped signet of ether it’s a really good healing skill vs dps classes but against condi classes with a lot of poisin you have huge problems so i changed that updated video guide will be online tomorrow i hope!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Hello senso, looking into condi Mesmer builds and just wondering if you’ve tried running 25 in chaos rather than 30 in duelling?

Something like 0/25/25/20/0?

Forgive me for being a bit newbie about condi Mesmer, its just on other classes raw power tends to beat CD reduction

Cheers for any feedback on this

Also I assume they fixed the finisher bug on duelist disc too, can understand before that it was important

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Added:
Updated Build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-egX-8-PTs

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Hello senso, looking into condi Mesmer builds and just wondering if you’ve tried running 25 in chaos rather than 30 in duelling?

Something like 0/25/25/20/0?

Forgive me for being a bit newbie about condi Mesmer, its just on other classes raw power tends to beat CD reduction

Cheers for any feedback on this

Also I assume they fixed the finisher bug on duelist disc too, can understand before that it was important

i changed the build a bit now it actually is even stronger and i dont think there is a stronger viable condi mesmer build for pvp out there atm

in Mesmer

sendmark.4731

Yeah I think me and a couple of friends were on the receiving end of your testing :p was very nice playing you, even when you go thief

Lyssa runes is so strong right now, eventually they may get nerfed, but right now having full condi clear + boons is something which works in most builds.

I have changed it a bit as per my YT comments, 30 chaos and testing which extra trait to take. I find I have enough condi clear with null field and lyssa.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

Yeah I think me and a couple of friends were on the receiving end of your testing :p was very nice playing you, even when you go thief

Lyssa runes is so strong right now, eventually they may get nerfed, but right now having full condi clear + boons is something which works in most builds.

I have changed it a bit as per my YT comments, 30 chaos and testing which extra trait to take. I find I have enough condi clear with null field and lyssa.

hm yea i think lyssa runes need an intern cooldown then it would be alright..the thing that really makes them strong is the stability in a cc meta like we have atm

in Mesmer

sendmark.4731

On further testing I’d have to say you are right on taking mender’s purity instead of 30 chaos, at least in yolo que. Helps a lot with all the immobilise and cc spam, plus necros.

Really great build, had other mesmers whisper me asking about it after game. It’s hard to kill with the condi clears + toughness, hard for enemies to clear the damage as well with that many condis being stacked.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

On further testing I’d have to say you are right on taking mender’s purity instead of 30 chaos, at least in yolo que. Helps a lot with all the immobilise and cc spam, plus necros.

Really great build, had other mesmers whisper me asking about it after game. It’s hard to kill with the condi clears + toughness, hard for enemies to clear the damage as well with that many condis being stacked.

glad you enjoyed playing it)