Shatter/Condi build suggestions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Runic.4350

Runic.4350

Hi all,
I wanted to show the build I came up with in the last few weeks, to gather suggestion for improvements (or to tell me I’m insane XD)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAW8dlknpRtlqxMNUrRSpBZqcg6zMnmSqAUyXUOA-ThSAABYoEEgnAQg7P4j6BMp8bTVc64CA8g5PPOIAvobgUAQMMC-e

What I’m trying to have is a mesmer that does damage mostly with condition (especially bleeding), but avoiding confusion, since it’s not that reliable in PvE.
Moreover, this build has also a bit of spike damage due to sword (blurred frenzy), focus 5 and shatters.

Mobility in this build is everything, since the lack of toughness and vitality makes it very squishy, but there are a lot of skills (staff 2, focus 4 to relocate, 5 for projectiles, sword 2, shatter 4) that makes so you’re almost untochable, if you play it well.
There’s also crippling dissipation: with such a high production of clones (2 staff, dodge, 3 sword) I never found myself in cooldown for clones.

For the usual mobs i do the sequence:
focus 5,
sword 3 / 3 to close up,
blurred frenzy (sword 2),
switch to staff,
staff 2,
auto attack (double bounce means the target gets hit two times with two conditions, this applies also to clones),
staff 3,
shatter,
dodge if needed
staff 5
staff 2
autoattack until it dies (or shatter again)

I find myself well, but I want to have the experts advice on how to make it better.

Thx in advance

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Ive currently been playing a burst condition shatter build in spvp and im finding it extremely powerful, its quite good to have a condition build with the mesmer that doesnt rely on your opponent attacking you

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArfWlsnpBtFpxRNcrNitBdyakDUPkqsySGghB-TJRFwAd2fAwTAIaZAEnCAA

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Ive currently been playing a burst condition shatter build in spvp and im finding it extremely powerful, its quite good to have a condition build with the mesmer that doesnt rely on your opponent attacking you

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArfWlsnpBtFpxRNcrNitBdyakDUPkqsySGghB-TJRFwAd2fAwTAIaZAEnCAA

You have far reaching manipulations, but not manipulation skills equipped?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eucalyptus.9784

Eucalyptus.9784

I’ve tried something similar in the past…. and 4s of Torment doesn’t really scream “burst”.

Hybrid PU Clone Spam Build – Chaos Clones

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Hey runic,

Here’s the shatter-condition hybrid that I’ve been using lately

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fhEQNAsfWlknpRtlpxYNcrNitxYyLiA1JV1UlMghB-TBUDABypFAhDUgMq/0lyA40wMwDAAATYKoEEPNBRfCAKSJnPKFyb/hiPEAGfEAIz0RAgDA+NQKAmEGB-e

its very fun. get strength runes instead of travelers for more damage if you want to optimize for damage. I use this as a WvW roaming build, and I win maybe 60-70% of the fights i put myself into.

Bountiful Interruption really makes this build sing – so if you’re not adept at interrupting, you may consider something else =D

(edited by Hamster.4861)

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

You have far reaching manipulations, but not manipulation skills equipped?

yeah i know, that one is up to you what you have on, for duels i use the signet and for pvp i use blink, but that trait doesnt make that much of a difference

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

@hamster
wheres your condi removal? youve literally got 0, one immobilise and youre dead

@eucalyptus
id be happy to duel you sometime to show you, i used to run 30 in chaos with pistol and that was rather decent at melting people however i found it too passive, and the PU just ment i practicall beat everyone or they ran away, the shatter gives better condi damage and the 4s torment is added bonus, plus confusion per clone wiith might stacking, this build hits seriously hard, you can also have the sigil of corruption if you want to get your condi dmg above 2k

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

thought i may aswell add on, that you switch wep for poison with prestige flame and the torment block pre-emptive, use a heal and shatter, follow up with your confusing images and youve just gone and stacked this:
8 stacks of torment
6secs of poison
8secs burning
8 stacks of confusion (short yeah)
and maybe 1 or 2 bleeds, more if you had clones up

i dont know about you but with 1.7k – 2k condi damage this melts people in pvp not to mention youve got everything on an extremely short cool down, your torment is only on a 6 sec cool down, i ran this against a war and countered every single one of his eviscerates, i was at full health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

cobra, most of the time, frankly. I don’t get immobilized – if i do, then Staff 2 and decoy or Sword 2 and F4… I’ve got a lot of OH kitten buttons with this setup. (F4 can be done twice because of illusionary invigoration and Illusionary Persona)

I know i don’t have condi removal – against most opponents though, I do not have issues without the condition removal- the food does enough for me.

I dodge and stealth often, which makes me hard to pin down. I’m also more of a meele mesmer and i play it kind of like a thief, so a lot of skills miss me entirely. I land a LOT of interrupts, so I get lots of boons from bountiful Interruption. None of the stats that I have are too impressive, because of my variety of trinkets – splitting soldiers/rampager,

and my runes are simply a quality of Life improvement which happens to work well with bountiful interruption.

It’s a risk-reward trade-off that I make and i’m still successful with. I never said it was optimal, – just lots of fun.

For me, this build was about being robust and survivable enough to roam solo in WvW, handle any annoying backstab thief that wants on your nuts, and be able to confuse and wear down the enemy with conditions if i can’t burst them down.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

@hamster
perfectly acceptable, i never ran condi removal on my shatter simply because the dps was my shield, im too focused at looking at it from a spvp perspective where everyone you bump into has condi, but just by swapping one of your utilities for the mantra of resolve would do the job in that case