Shatter Tactics II - Video - Vashury

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vash.1920

Vash.1920

Hey guys,

I know I was offline a long time sry for that – had important stuff in RL to do. Anyway I´m back now. I´ve promised some of you a thief special video – the latest patch and my sPvP Time teached me two things. 1. SoloQ is just random who has less afk and who has better setups and 2. lot of the Mesmers i´ve seen, at least in Europe, have insane bad Mesmer mechanics . I Wanne give some Inspiration how it might look – i don´t say play like i do – watch,judge and decide your own what is the best for you.But i still got the feelin the most people copycat stuff on the net so i would appreciate it if all Mesmers who consider themselfs as an example – act like it. This leads me to do a Tutorial video not only about thieves, more about the second part of playing Mesmer especially with GS S/T Shatter. I know the generell Spvp setup is GS/staff but the only advantage i see is the Chaos Storm. Anyway it is up to you what u play and what ur team needs so don´t feel forced to play my setup. Obviously the video won´t be with staff gameplay it just brings less variety with it to make a whole video about it. If u don´t use it in your teamqs well maybe u find fun at it within the HotJoin or WvW like I do.
Like always, keep them comin, play what you want and be ready to see some vashury magic and the most important thing is – go your own way, it´s nothing bad about copy Mesmer gameplay from streams or videos – but like in real life you can´t be one step ahead as long u only copy. Gather the moves u like and create your own Mesmer gameplay like i did 2years ago – still see almost nobody with torch i play it since 2 years and i still have extreme fun with it maybe your fun build is with swordsword or scepter/sword (which is actually extrem strong in small Fights). Enough Patriot speak have fun =)

BTW: this is a Tutorial video it´s not about “how awesome I am” or “how i nuke others” it´s to show mechanics u might not know yet or to get some inspiration. It´s a lot of hotjoin – i know what people say, hotjoin is for noobs- BUT:
1. i don´t care it´s a Tutorial to show mechanics
2. as long i am a noob cause i do hotjoin I will have fun with ohter noobs in the hot join
3. the word “noob” is in my view not legit – nobody in this game playes perfect NOBODY. To be honest GuildWarsII has one of the lowest skillcaps I´ve ever seen in pvp games the most “good” players should have realiced this too. And aslong nobody plays perfect nobody should act like being somehting special – better try to enhance the gameplay from others to bring us all more fun in GW2.
Well NOW it´s enough Patriot wave Mesmer flag
As always only contact me ingme -i am really bad in forum replies.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Good video, hope it inspires more Shatter Mesmers out there

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Awesome vid, thanks for the great guide.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaurniven.2065

Xaurniven.2065

Vash, thank you so much for posting this. I’ve been waiting for this for so long- counting the seconds xD.
Love your offensive play, very on-point and precise- not many Mesmer’s like you, a real inspiration and my Mentor in Shatter always xD

Fury By Furry |Given Fury | Furiously Small | Furiously Risen | Serayath

[RaW] Sassari – Commander

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

How comes that I’ve never seen anyone run alone (usually they are between 4 and 40) when facing Kodash in WvW. Apparently they must have at least one really good solo-roamer! ;D

Also funny that the creator of this amazing video is on the same server like another gifted video-editor (Jack McDaniel).

Hmmmhmm. Awesome vid! Thank you for that. Inspires me to play some shatter Mesmer again… I wish I would be as skilled as you, though. But practice makes perfect (or at least: better) I guess. ^^

I like how your Asura looks, and the artwork is awesome xD. Hmmhmm… maybe I’ll whisper you next time we’re in the same matchup; even if it’s just to say hi.

Edit: Would it be possible to get a list with the titles of the used music pieces? Cause you’ve got a nice soundtrack there. ^^

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in Mesmer

Vash.1920

Y possible – sadly some of the Viewers did not get the message – one of the first commentares is about NOOB HOT JOIN ^^- I knew it – people are incredible stupid i just dunnno what to do with such people – the others just have fun – still seems like there are people who really think soloq makes them better players than others. I guess there are maybe 20 players in the world I would say they are really fantastic and about 300000 who think they are.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Great video! You are right, this is a game and it’s about having fun. This isn’t professional MMA, people need to relax and not talk kitten. I really like your videos, they are fun to watch and you explain what you are doing, which even if I’m not into shatter is fun to watch because I get another perspective. Sometimes I do like to play shatter and this video definitely gives some tips I did not know.

Thanks for posting the vid and thanks for being a good member of the community. Just ignore the haters, or better yet laugh at them for being a hater in an online game, pathetic lol.

Keep up the good work!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

1. Antinea’s Secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRYjTP48hJ4

2. Awesome song, can’t find it

3. Fighting With Unchegila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK04J_kE228
Not 100% sure on this one, but it seems right.

4. Who Will Save You Now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI0FETSHAv4

5. Also epic, also failed to find it

6. Bloody hell Vash, where do you get all this epic music that’s completely unfindable?

8. Titans of War (Trailer Music): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLlMNfJgFZU

9. At least this one I don’t have to look up…
Infected Mushrooms (Army of Mushrooms) – The Rat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWoQ9SZBhWs

in Mesmer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Vash, you’re ( along with joe) the best shatter mesmer out there period. Keep up the good work, you’re a beast. There’s like 4 people I know on this game that can play without doing a single mistake in a pvp fight and you’re one of those, that’s sick.

/fanboy

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joe.4178

Joe.4178

Y possible – sadly some of the Viewers did not get the message – one of the first commentares is about NOOB HOT JOIN ^^- I knew it – people are incredible stupid i just dunnno what to do with such people – the others just have fun – still seems like there are people who really think soloq makes them better players than others. I guess there are maybe 20 players in the world I would say they are really fantastic and about 300000 who think they are.

Hey man, I know I don’t post much on other’s topics, but just ignore all the hate. Even if you found the cure for kitten there will be people that disprove of it.

Anyways, that devor2006 guy always posts negatively on a good majority of gw2 player’s youtube vids. Other than that keep up the hard work for the mesmer community, much is appreciated thanks.

-tM- Trillmatic
NSP Colorful Charr Engineer & Mesmer: Bamf Joe
WvW Outnumbered: https://www.youtube.com/BamfJoe0425

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Thanks Pyro; nice start! Too bad Shazaam is clueless in most cases (though I didn’t actually try them all).

That being said, I tried roaming with GS and Sword/Torch today. Was a bit frustrating, because due to our current matchups, opponents only come in groups of at least 4. Or then you get jumped by a Thief (with full stacks of everything of course) out of nowhere while taking a camp. And you can safely bet that IF you find a single opponent, at least 4 more will come to help him mid-fight. Meh. Also, for some reason my Mind Wracks (and also the Mirror Blades) seemed to not deal nearly as much damage as those shown in the video. Looks like I’ve got lots to learn… which in turn is very hard, due to a lack of uhm, “fair” encounters. Well, I’ll see.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Absolutely amazing video both in editing and content. I don’t think I’ve seen as informative a video before, with such awesome instruction and slo-motion to really drive home the point!

Agree with the above, this really wants to make me try out GC Shatter again!

Great work! Thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

GG just GG man
i wish i could be more like you but i like condi too much

in Mesmer

Vash.1920

Ty guys,
and ty Fay for the work haha =D well i find the music through two ways. 1. some people send me music to publicate it and 2. go to youtube and search for “Epic music comilation” than u have about 400000 hours of music to hear and sometims u find a diamond.

@oxtred: like i said – nobody is perfect in this game ! It´s just the difference if u fail 2%,20%,40% or 80% of your actions

@Saturn: contact me ingame after 1.hour of Training with me u will be able to deal at least the same DMG. The tricky part is the survival on shatter. Almost no survival with wrong mechanics and extreme survival with correct mechanics.

BTW: the haters: it´s a sign for good work – and as long they are so obviously stupid the whole community knows “he just hates without reason”. Not all PvP player are bad or social fools, lot of nice people out there. But also lot people who should realy try to get better they are way not as good as they believe and in combination with their beaviour just embarrassing. “good” is btw no total word. The most player with fame always think they have did it – they are the best – actually the people who never think they are the best are those with the highest chance to really become the best and also the people who don´t have to prove something in stupid duels in a game which is absolutely not made for 1on1 comparisons.
If there is one thing i ´ve learned in 10 years of pvp games than, that u will never be the best – alyways someone better out there and even u are this person u will someday find someone who maybe never did any tournements or special things who will beat you without really know who u are. IN my view some of the best players in GW2 are hided in the shadows yet. I see them sometimes in WvW or in hotjoins givin me the hell of a fight. So i really don´t know why people say hotjoin is for losers. I miss the old times with IDL when PvP goes hand in hand with more respect and more good gameplay than now. Some player in the top 100 are just there because lot of people have leaved the game i don´t know why they act like Heros now.

(edited by Vash.1920)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

<snip>

BTW: the haters: it´s a sign for good work – and as long they are so obviously stupid the whole community knows “he just hates without reason”. Not all PvP player are bad or social fools, lot of nice people out there. But also lot people who should realy try to get better they are way not as good as they believe and in combination with their beaviour just embarrassing. “good” is btw no total word. The most player with fame always think they have did it – they are the best – actually the people who never think they are the best are those with the highest chance to really become the best and also the people who don´t have to prove something in stupid duels in a game which is absolutely not made for 1on1 comparisons.
If there is one thing i ´ve learned in 10 years of pvp games than, that u will never be the best – alyways someone better out there and even u are this person u will someday find someone who maybe never did any tournements or special things who will beat you without really know who u are. IN my view some of the best players in GW2 are hided in the shadows yet. I see them sometimes in WvW or in hotjoins givin me the hell of a fight. So i really don´t know why people say hotjoin is for losers.
I miss the old times with IDL when PvP goes hand in hand with more respect and more good gameplay than now. Some player in the top 100 are just there because lot of people have leaved the game i don´t know why they act like Heros now.

I just had to stick my head back in this forum to say – quoted for truth, well said.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Biocide.7059

Biocide.7059

The training Vash is currently providing for me is really good and insightful so I encourage any mesmer who wants to learn his style of shatter to get in touch with him with any questions or if you too want some training.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

What gear are you using? Full Zerk?

in Mesmer

Vash.1920

spvp zerk, wvw zerk armor zerg weapons. power precision ferocity vita trinkets.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Thank you for this amazing guide Vash !!

Joe and you are a real inspiration for the mesmer community.

Keep them coming

VoxL, NSPPT

in Mesmer

Posted by: FunkyBassline.5289

FunkyBassline.5289

Great video, learned a lot from it and really appreciate the work that specifically you, Joe and Osicat put in to these tutorials. Them typos tho.. but I’m anal retentive so ignore me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CobraPolo.1723

CobraPolo.1723

TY Vash,

Just wanted to say that for the last yr I been using my guardian and ranger and have neglected my favourite character which is my Mesmer. About 2 months ago I came across some of your old videos and started to learn how to really use my mesmer and thanks to you I’ve been using her non stop now. Another great tactic video.

Much appreciated.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Greight.6374

Greight.6374

Great video, it’s nice to have one that breaks down what’s going on step by step.

A quick question on your build, though: do you think it’s viable in tpvp? I understand that any build in the hands of an exceptional player is viable, but it’s not about yourself when playing with a team. The standard shatter meta has great utility like the strip boons, Chaos Storm and increased mobility through staff.

That being said, I like the style that the GS SW/T creates but am concerned it’s a bit too… selfish?

in Mesmer

Vash.1920

Well as u said depends on the situation – there will be situations you will be happy with a staff for interrupt res in teamfights but it could also be that nobody will go down when u use staff. The main advantage of torch is the surprising gameplay your engages become lethal. especially in tpvp where u can blink or teleport through the half map and u also have lot of line of sight positions to prepare your dmg. Line of sight -> stealth engage --> no vision. It will mosty bring a granted kill if u pick the right targets. With staff u can´t really surprise enemies even if some of u consider it as a strong weapon the tricky part is that your enemies can prepare themselfs for the fight against you. This makes the torch for an assasine gameplay more viable than staff – especially with only 24s CD on stealth u can really use it frequently through a whole match. But the teamfight makes a staff more viable. It´s all about your gameplay and how u use the torch. It also depends on the team . personally i prefer Fights as an assasine it is way more easier to kill characters with torch but it is way more easier to stomp them with staff so it is an hard decision. Most of the time my mates told me they like the fact that as soon we have another Mesmer in the enemie team with staff , they have more problems to win cause torch Counters staff in direct Fights -if u kick down the enemy Mesmer with torch engages the enemy team loses their Chaos storm and the stomps will be easier for your own team – the special movement from staff is no advantage agaisnt sword swaps so enemy staff Mesmers can´t really escape s/T Mesmers. (i showed that part in the video).
The funny thing is i guess it is viable with enemy Mesmer who play staff =D – but this decision is no general answer. Lot of people play weapons cause they saw it on a stream or they heared about it,they don´t realy think about it. The Chaos Storm is an huge advantage but if u can kill someone or change the fight through stealth engages with insane dmg it is not useless at all, too. If u time it correct u can oneshot enemy thieves or Mesmers with torch/gs and they won´t dodge it if they don´t see u engage. Especially in teamfights where everything is a bit more confusing it´s a huge advantage to prepare nukes without get noticed by enemies.

Well but i don´t play spvp so i am probalby not the right person to ask that – but i am pretty sure about that it is not the weapon makeing something viable it´s about the player behind.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

3rd day in a row that Ive HAD to watch this video again. Really great job vash! IMO its right up there with any of the osicat vids.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fodux.5379

Fodux.5379

Hey Vash, great video.
I’ve been away from the game for over a year and am hoping to get my bearings back this weekend. I used to play shatter mesmer, but see that things have changed quite a bit. I was wondering if you think your build might be good to help me get back into form, or is it too advanced and I should stick with a PU build for now?
Thanks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

You truly are an inspiration for all shatter mesmers
keep up the good work and those crazy shatter combos!

in Mesmer

Vash.1920

@ Fodux: well hard falls result in hard memories u will definetly have your challenge with the build but well it´s the game – challenge your skills get better – depends on u, for me it is fun to get some challanges there are surely builds available wich make the whole Mesmer game as good as the shatter but without so much risk – for me this risk means fun – i played 5months a warrior in RIFT and i am done with cheese =D thats for sure.

Just always remind yourself it is not about the kills it´s about the survival skills – kill another player in pvp who maybe don´t even see u come doesn´t mean u are a good shatter Mesmer – survive like there is no chance to get u makes u a good shatter Mesmer and also brings in the fun

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fodux.5379

Fodux.5379

Haha, good point Vash. I think I will stick with shatter then (at least I’ll try).
I’m rolling with the mesmer guild [OMFG] and am getting some awesome help, so hopefully I won’t suck for too much longer, haha. My fingers are slowly remembering what to do.

Thanks again for the video, once I get the basics back I’m sure it’s going to help a lot.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

forgot how usefull the nearly non-existant cast times of mesmer could be. no other class can unload their entire skill bar in under a second

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

Nice Video. What is the armor/runes/trinkets you use?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Volcomen.2963

Volcomen.2963

watches this bamfjoe-guy because of hype here…had to puke…

in Mesmer

Vash.1920

sPvP: Zerker / strength or traveler – 7% crit + air / endurance on swap and X
WvW: Zerker gear Ascendet trinkets with Zerker stats + Vita, traveler same sigils

(edited by Vash.1920)

in Mesmer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

I don’t know why but when I try to use skills as fast as this the previous goes on cd sometimes =\

in Mesmer

Vash.1920

contact me ingame like i said i will teach it to all who are intrested – it is not easy to explain in the forum u have to see it from spectate modus-

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

hey Vash….isnt it better to use boon removes on shatter skills in spvp/tpvp? Great guide btw I have learned how to one shot other specs just need to improve my positioning and survivebility

in Mesmer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Its actualy very inspiring and educational at how not to be a PU spammer and it encourage tactical play +1 and nice work

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Brent.1580

Brent.1580

maybe i missed it, but what’s your trait loadout?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Great video and excellent teaching thank you.

@Brent, It’s at the beginning of the video.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Month later and I still love this video!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ecanus.6807

Ecanus.6807

Vash is it safe to say I love you. No really I love you. You have given an old mesmer hope in a game full of medi guards, d/d ele’s, and all the other cheese builds.

I hope one day I get to train under you great Vash sensei, it makes me so happy to demolish peoples health, and they barely get to see me let alone touch me, with the stealth’s and blink positioning. I can imagine how much I will wreck people when I master it. Once a mesmer always a mesmer no matter what nerfs anet throughs. So thank you!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Honnestly vash..you are the most impressive mesmer I saw…
Seing you makes me belive that mesmer can be a threat and has its place in meta while I see helseth (a very good mesmer) having the worst difficulties to survive and sometimes being shut down by a good thief focus the entire game.
I would really be interested in seing you on high ranked pvp match dealing with a good s/d thief.