Shatter build and few questions

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRAsc7dlknpItlpxRNcrNCrxg6sG7MSOQAlsirB-TpBBABA8AA04gAU0+DkXGYjjAAEnAAA

In the link, the build I have been using since patch. Feedback: so much fun

As you may expect it is glassy, very glassy but I do not mind dying a little more if I can kill more and faster. Ultimately, I found that a very aggressive play style can counter thieves way better than many other tactics.

• Question 1.
    How do you see scepter in a shatter build?
    As you see, I decided not to use any 2H weapons. This leaves me with 2 main hand weapons: sword an scepter. I thought about keeping MH sword for the two weapon sets but this would force me to drop far reaching manipulation in favor of blade training to have faster access to sword skills when swapping set. But I cannot do without manipulation trait any longer… it saved me so many times.
  • Question 2
    In the illusion tree I am debated between compounding power, masterful reflection and precise wrack. Which of the three traits is better for this build?
  • Question 3
    In the domination tree, I’d like halting strike. Is this trait subpar to mental torment and shattered concentration considering I can do a fair amount of interrupts with the chosen weapons?
  • Question 4
    I want to max my damage at its highest. Which sigils/runes would you advice? Runes of the pack have the nifty +125 precision bonus which I like but I was wondering if runes with precision/ ferocity (eagle/ranger) or ferocity (air/rage) would not boost my damage more considering the amulet I am wearing.
  • Question 5 (not necessarily related to shatter)
    Can you advise how to avoid loads of conditions when a necro is getting close to you? What is the skill which suddenly covers me with 5-6 conditions? How to avoid an engi pull+conditions unload? Is the pull timed or does it need to be activated like our temporal curtain? Can it be dodged?

Thank you

in Mesmer

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

1. Scepter is a pure condition based weapon and doesn’t really fit in a Sahtter spec besides Con Sahtter, and the clone creation isn’t that good for shatter specially because they spawn at ranged position and don’t benefit you from quick shatter bursts.
Sword is pure power based, and has a lot of tools that help you to Shatter burst someone, like iLeap and Blurred Frenzy.

Far Reaching Manipulations and Blade Training are both solid options, but you should learn how to adapt and get what fits you better. I usually choose Blade Training when playing with MH Sword, and change it to Far when playing Double Ranged Shatter.

2. Compounding Power for sure. Your shatters will proc some crits anyway, but what matters is the momentum of burst.

3. You can’t depend only on one source of damage (only on your F1). Halting Strike is great to interrupt big enemy skills or Heals, and do even more damage.

4. Pack or that one for Might (I don’t remember the name) are good opitions… oooor you can pick Traveler and be happy.

5. Just stay ranged and make some pressure against the Necro. With GS you can down him to 70~60%. Against Engis you can hear and see a strange thing while he makes the Pull animation. Like, everything is about playerskill/experience and making the right decisions.

Also, your build isn’t optimal for Shatter, some of the utilities and Weapons are off place for Shatter Playstyle.

Follow this link to the build I usually play kittent Mes:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsaRlknpGtlpxRNcrNipxg6yObOSGQDlslxB-TZBFwACOEAy3fYxJAoaZAAPBAA

First, you have a ton of options of offhands Weapons when playing Sword MH kittenter Mes, so you just need to choose what fits you better and adapt around the playstyle of the weapon.

For example: I Use S+P because even if the Pistol animation is freaking bad and easy to avoid I really like to use it… But you can use focus and get an AoE interrupt (I never liked iWarden anyway), wich is better, or get a block plus one of the best Phantasm from sword offhand, or get another source of invis from Torch or w/e… just test all offhand weapons and choose what fits you better.

For the other weapon choice, you can either pick GS for ranged pressure, or Pick Staff for defensive + positioning. Both are reeeeeally good options when playing Shatter Mes.

In hotjoin your choice of utilities don’t really matter, but when playing in a competitive match always pick portal + blink + decoy. It’s pretty standart ~

Well, when it comes to the trait choice, never pick Mental Torment because you can’t depend on only one source of damage. Interrupts/Dazes are powerfull, and as a Mesmer you need to know how to use then to interrupt a Heal or big skills from the enemy. Saving dazes for the right moment can really make the difference for your victory, what it’s better than having only one source of damage that can be completely avoided and let you with nothing.
In the Illusions Traitline everything is alright, but one thing here is that you can either choice to pick Illusionary Elasticity (it’s viable even if you have only GS) or Illusionary Invigotarion (can save your life when you already used Distortion, for example). These too are the best (and only) option when playing shatter.

For the Sigils, always pick the offensive ones. You’re a Shatter Mes, you need to burst!

Fooor Amulets, Berseker is a solid option because it provides good damage and some Health. Assassins is good to proc crits when Shattering, but you need to know what you’re doing because your HP will be lower and you will need to Shatter perfectly, so I would recommend Assassin for veteran players.

Well, that is almost everything I could say based on your build and questions, so if you want to know anything else you can keep asking~ sorry for the bad english tho hehe

(edited by inhearth.2038)