Shelving mesmer for good, join me!

in Mesmer

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

This patch has made clear ANet’s utter lack of interest or commitment in the mesmer profession.
When faced with an obvious damage calculation bug causing mind wrack to do 100% more damage, they nerfed our might stacking instead and instituted a global cooldown for mesmer only

I’m shelving my mesmer for good.

I don’t pvp with it at all and almost never saw any shimmering bodies in pve until the might stacking change allowed me to actually gasp loot a few bodies in dynamic events instead of just chests.

I’m done. I’m hanging it up and continuing with my ele – which does more damage in CLERICS GEAR AT 73 THAN MY MESMER DOES IN RAMPAGERS AT 80, after which I’ll probably do guardian or engineer.

Tired of double-standards.

Tired of our core mechanic being broken by turning blind into interrupt++ for mesmer only
I’m insulted by the introduction of a global cooldown for mesmer only
Tired of damage scaling inversely with number of targets b/c of illusion fragility for mesmer only

Anyone see a pattern here?

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kabooky.8071

Kabooky.8071

As an 80 eng/Mesmer , I’d say guardian plas. Mesmer bugs-synergy issues are a mole hill compared to mount engineering

in Mesmer

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Tired of our core mechanic being broken by turning blind into interrupt++ for mesmer only
Tired of damage scaling inversely with number of targets b/c of illusion fragility for mesmer only

??

Blind works like that for every class. If you blind someone during his animation he’ll miss.

Elementalists got gcd since ever. And its 1s, not 0.25s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I was ticked off because I had just finished gearing for the shatter/might spec just 30 seconds before the server went down for the patch. 4 Gold on Runes completely down the drain!

However, I spent a couple hours in a build tool trying to find a solid build that would appeal to me. I found it and I actually kill faster and end combat in better shape than I did with my Shatter/Might build Mesmer while leveling the last few levels to 80 over the past few days. It sucks I can no longer support my party with a hefty buff share, but it’s also nice to not be a buff bot.

I’ll post the build tomorrow. It’s a Sword/Sword : Scepter/Focus Phantasm build with regenerating, confusing Phantasms and Retaliatory blocking skills. Less frenetic than the previous build, more tactical and deliberate, but I really enjoyed it for the first hour of testing tonight.

Tomorrow I’ll try to find a Champion to solo, to see if it can still be done. Also want to test it out in more varied situations, but there are other viable builds out there.

BTW, I do hate ham handed nerfs. I wish the “fix” had been a little more deliberate, but I can still hope that they will revisit the nerfed build in the future with an eye towards making a more balanced version viable.

(edited by Fiontar.4695)

in Mesmer

plasmacutter.2709

??

Blind works like that for every class. If you blind someone during his animation he’ll miss.

So if you blind a necro during summon flesh golem it will ‘miss’, thus putting flesh golem on cd and negating all subsequent damage?

are you THICK man? the threads showing how blind is interrupt++ instead of just stopping one attack have been done in every relevant forum at least 4 times.

in Mesmer

haviz.1340

So if you blind a necro during summon flesh golem it will ‘miss’, thus putting flesh golem on cd and negating all subsequent damage?

are you THICK man? the threads showing how blind is interrupt++ instead of just stopping one attack have been done in every relevant forum at least 4 times.

Flesh golem isn’t phantasm. Do you need to target anything to use flesh golem? Does flesh golem disappears when his target dies? Stop throwing insults and crying.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

A Flesh Golem is a pet, a Phantasm is an attack; it’s a single target living DoT. They don’t and shouldn’t behave the same way.

Honestly, is it because the class is pink that it attracts so many melodramatic people?

Mesmers are still top of the pile as a class, and if you disagree it’s because frankly, you weren’t a very good Mesmer to begin with.

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square

in Mesmer

plasmacutter.2709

Flesh golem isn’t phantasm. Do you need to target anything to use flesh golem? Does flesh golem disappears when his target dies? Stop throwing insults and crying.

A Flesh Golem is a pet, a Phantasm is an attack; it’s a single target living DoT. They don’t and shouldn’t behave the same way.

Honestly, is it because the class is pink that it attracts so many melodramatic people?

Mesmers are still top of the pile as a class, and if you disagree it’s because frankly, you weren’t a very good Mesmer to begin with.

Your false-equivalencies of a summon (and our primary resource generation) to an attack is an insult to the intelligence of the rest of the community, now please go back to whatever it is you actually play (badly).

As for anyone saying mesmer is bad being bad at mesmer, another sweeping generalization by someone who plays a roamer in pvp only.

Mesmer in dynamic events was utter crap before shattered strength provided some oomph to greatsword builds. Now it’s utter crap again because instead of just fixing the bug making mind wrack do 100% more damage and waiting they boned what was finally making mesmers pve viable.

in Mesmer

haviz.1340

Your false-equivalencies of a summon (and our primary resource generation) to an attack is an insult to the intelligence of the rest of the community, now please go back to whatever it is you actually play (badly).

Do you need more analogies? Phantasms behave like hexes, they are not typical summons.

I play mesmer (badly) and your whining is just hilarious and unfounded. Why do you think there’s always a mesmer in speed clears in dungeons? Always a mesmer in high tpvp team composition? Because they make good banks?

Your countless threads about blind being an interrupt is just a coterie of people unable to adapt and comprehend simple basic mechanics. Whine further or adapt.

in Mesmer

plasmacutter.2709

Do you need more analogies? Phantasms behave like hexes, they are not typical summons.

I play mesmer (badly) and your whining is just hilarious and unfounded. Why do you think there’s always a mesmer in speed clears in dungeons? Always a mesmer in high tpvp team composition? Because they make good banks?

Your countless threads about blind being an interrupt is just a coterie of people unable to adapt and comprehend simple basic mechanics. Whine further or adapt.

TPVP – portal bot (just like in wvw(vw) )

There isn’t always a mesmer in speed clears. My speed clears have had multiple of the following:
guardian
warrior
elementalist

in fact, every dungeon run I do on my ele that has a mesmer is noticeably slower due to their kitten poor damage in everything BUT 1v1 pvp.

As for your continued arguments that phantasms are not summons.. just no. They are summons. Many of them are not even offense, they stick around after one animation, they provide boons to the group, they are independently targetable and capable of death — which backs up the fact they are summons and not attacks, conditions, or hexes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Glad they nerfed what was clearly an exploit. Doesn’t affect my mesmer build in wvw at all- but then I was not relying on a broken mechanic in the first place, and will be happier on my other toons not to be spiked by exploiters.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Mesmer

haviz.1340

There isn’t always a mesmer in speed clears. My speed clears have had multiple of the following:
guardian
warrior
elementalist

in fact, every dungeon run I do on my ele that has a mesmer is noticeably slower due to their kitten poor damage in everything BUT 1v1 pvp.

As for your continued arguments that phantasms are not summons.. just no. They are summons. Many of them are not even offense, they stick around after one animation, they provide boons to the group, they are independently targetable and capable of death — which backs up the fact they are summons and not attacks, conditions, or hexes.

tpvp, mes is still the best duelist.

Your speedclears might not include mesmer but you will get the quickest times with 4 warriors and 1 mesmer. If you build your mesmer around condition damage, then yes, their damage is bad (confusion being bad condition in pve is mostly the reason for this).

We can argue about phantasms but facts are facts. They are different from every summon in the game.

in Mesmer

plasmacutter.2709

guardian
warrior
elementalist

Your speedclears might not include mesmer but you will get the quickest times with 4 warriors and 1 mesmer. If you build your mesmer around condition damage, then yes, their damage is bad (confusion being bad condition in pve is mostly the reason for this).

No, thief is the best duelist.

4 warriors + mesmer is a subjective argument. My quickest time thus far was 2 eles, 2 warriors, 1 guardian. (for an idea on the dps, the path 3 mounds couldn’t even spawn a single non-vet before they were gone)

We can argue about phantasms but facts are facts. They are different from every summon in the game.

The only differences are the HP and the single-target lock-in.

Your assertion that phantasms and clones are not summons is just as ridiculous as asserting a corvette is not a car because it doesn’t have a back seat.

Again – mesmer has been GOD AWEFUL in dynamic events and any pve where the number of targets exceeds 1. The last build made this “not suck nearly as much”. Now they take it away over an unrelated bug that caused 100% extra shatter damage.

I’m going to say this because it needs to be said:

When a profession has a bug that is applicable to all builds that causes 100% extra damage, and it goes unnoticed until they can get 25 stacks of might, that profession was probably severely gimped on damage.

For the rest of the people who don’t care about actually being able to loot mobs in dynamic events, this patch may not suck as much, but it’s indicative of the complete lack of forethought and consideration for the people who actually play the profession.

This is very different than the attention and care taken with thieves — and please let me know when a mesmer can kill 80% of players in pvp before they render like thieves can.

It’s not some melodromatic option. It’s a calculated reaction to the attitude taken toward the mesmer profession and playerbase by the corporate culture in ANet, and, just like I can see where winds are blowing in an office environment, I see where the winds are blowing here.

ANet does not care about how miserable pve mesmers are at this point, and were audacious enough to offer an apology for daring to make them pve viable for a few weeks.

in Mesmer

haviz.1340

No, thief is the best duelist.

Arguable

4 warriors + mesmer is a subjective argument. My quickest time thus far was 2 eles, 2 warriors, 1 guardian. (for an idea on the dps, the path 3 mounds couldn’t even spawn a single non-vet before they were gone)

Try harder dungeons than AC (and then call me bad)

The only differences are the HP and the single-target lock-in.

The single target lock-in is enough to justify blind. Plus, phantasms do much more damage than other summons so you need to be able to blind those attacks.

Your assertion that phantasms and clones are not summons is just as ridiculous as asserting a corvette is not a car because it doesn’t have a back seat.

And I’d say that your assertion that illusions are summons is just as ridiculous as asserting a corvette is a bus because it has 4 wheels.

Again – mesmer has been GOD AWEFUL in dynamic events and any pve where the number of targets exceeds 1. The last build made this “not suck nearly as much”. Now they take it away over an unrelated bug that caused 100% extra shatter damage.

What did they take away? 0.25s cooldown? Extra might that was way overpowered?

For the rest of the people who don’t care about actually being able to loot mobs in dynamic events, this patch may not suck as much, but it’s indicative of the complete lack of forethought and consideration for the people who actually play the profession.

Who still does DE? I thought everyone was doing fotm

ANet does not care about how miserable pve mesmers are at this point, and were audacious enough to offer an apology for daring to make them pve viable for a few weeks.

Miserable in pve? Are we playing same game?

in Mesmer

plasmacutter.2709

The single target lock-in is enough to justify blind. Plus, phantasms do much more damage than other summons so you need to be able to blind those attacks.

And the phantasm itself could be blinded, negating a hit WITHOUT a double-standard where a SUMMON could be stopped by blind.

And I’d say that your assertion that illusions are summons is just as ridiculous as asserting a corvette is a bus because it has 4 wheels.

Specious argument.

I’m calling a summon a summon:

characteristics of summons -
-the unit is independent and initiates its own attacks, which are considered independent of the summoning player
-the unit is persistent
-the unit has independent hp
-the unit can be independently targeted and damaged
-the unit is capable of initiating its own buffs
-the unit is subject to conditions and interruption.

Phantasms have every one of those characteristics.

Now the question as to whether phantasms SHOULD be attacks and not summons is another one – This could be done by removing all of the above and making phantasms a complicated spell animation – and i’d be fine with this, but you can’t with a straight face call an obvious summon an attack, and subject a summon to all the negatives of both summons AND direct attacks.

What did they take away? 0.25s cooldown? Extra might that was way overpowered?

Again, the bug that was causing 100% extra mind wrack damage was there since launch. It went unnoticed until an extra 25+% damage was added via might stacks (which actually added another 50+% damage to the resulting exploit – meaning mind wrack did not become “overpowered” until it had reached a full 250+% of its rated damage! — when something has to reach 250+% of its rated value before it’s considered OP, does that not qualify it as “gimp”? Imagine if they added even an extra 5% to 100blades) . They didn’t wait to see if cutting this exploit which was causing mind wrack to hit for DOUBLE would fix the issue first before going after what was finally making pve bearable.

Who still does DE? I thought everyone was doing fotm

Cute.

Miserable in pve? Are we playing same game?

Yep, those of us who don’t play stockbroker on the TP need to actually loot things to survive.

in Mesmer

haviz.1340

And the phantasm itself could be blinded, negating a hit WITHOUT a double-standard where a SUMMON could be stopped by blind.

Soon you gonna tell me you can dodge illusions. It’s the design, get over it.

Specious argument.

-the unit is independent and initiates its own attacks, which are considered independent of the summoning player
-the unit is persistent

I’m calling a corvette a bus

- it has an engine
- it has 4 wheels
- it’s ridden by a driver
- etc, etc

Semantics, man.

Again, the bug that was causing 100% extra mind wrack damage was there since launch. It went unnoticed until an extra 25% damage was added via might stacks (which actually added another 50% damage to the resulting exploit – meaning mind wrack did not become “overpowered” until it had reached a full 250% of its rated damage!) . They didn’t wait to see if cutting this exploit which was causing mind wrack to hit for DOUBLE would fix the issue first before going after what was finally making pve bearable.

1 might doesn’t equal to 1% more damage. It’s a bit more than that. Again, 0.25s gcd is nothing, odds that you need another shatter in 0.25s are really low.

Yep, those of us who don’t play stockbroker on the TP need to actually loot things to survive.

I never played TP. You can get money by simple playing dungeons (and as you’ve said you speedclear them).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

I’d say illusion summoning skills which rely on an attack should be affected by blind but not those that are a pure summon without attack. Feels like it’s another example of the devs being lazy and implementing a broad sweep change rather than customizing the solution.

in Mesmer

plasmacutter.2709

Soon you gonna tell me you can dodge illusions. It’s the design, get over it.

Specious argument.

-the unit is persistent

- it has an engine
- it has 4 wheels
- etc, etc

Semantics, man.

Again, the bug that was causing 100% extra mind wrack damage was there since launch. It went unnoticed until an extra 25% damage was added via might stacks (which actually added another 50% damage to the resulting exploit – meaning mind wrack did not become “overpowered” until it had reached a full 250% of its rated damage!) . They didn’t wait to see if cutting this exploit which was causing mind wrack to hit for DOUBLE would fix the issue first before going after what was finally making pve bearable.

1 might doesn’t equal to 1% more damage. It’s a bit more than that. Again, 0.25s gcd is nothing, odds that you need another shatter in 0.25s are really low.

I never played TP. You can get money by simple playing dungeons (and as you’ve said you speedclear them).

No, you’re calling a corvette a stone, while I’m calling it a vehicle. No semantics here. Your’e insisting all the characterstics I listed are not there, OR that all direct damage spells have them. Let me know when I can independently kill 100 blades with an auto attack, get two chances to dodge, blind, or block it, and can addle the attack itself with weakness in addition to the casting player. Until then, stop insulting the intelligence of people who read this tread.

And the issue is not so much the CD on the shatter skills, it’s the CD on the shatter skills PLUS the removal of the might.. and the removal of the might is the operative word here.

You conveniently ignored what I have been saying, AGAIN.

The 0.25 second CD was a band-aid to stop the bug that was causing an extra 100% damage on shatter which could only happen if you were in point blank range and were very twitchy (e.g. this did NOT work in or affect pve)..

Did they wait to see what removing this exploit (and thus 50% effective damage) from shatter would do before shafting PVE? No.. that would reflect consideration of the people who paid for the title and play mesmer in pve.

It represents utter contempt for the mesmer playerbase.

Mesmers once again cannot stack enough might to make bodies sparkle in cursed shore. This is bad enough in itself, but the lack of consideration for the people who play mesmer — the lack of patience to actually wait and see if reducing mind wrack damage by a full 50% works before taking away this might stacking.. this reflects upon the systematic way they look at mesmers, and how they consider the playerbase. (they don’t consider them at all).

I’m done.. i’m shelving it.. and I encourage others to do the same. They actually give consideration to elementalists, guardians, and even refuse to act against the ludicrous insta-gib that is backstab thief, but they apologize to the community for DARING to let mesmers get loot from what they help kill!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oliver.7201

Oliver.7201

- it has an engine
- it has 4 wheels
- etc, etc
Semantics, man.

The two things are completely unrelated. My lamp emits light, so does the sun, hence my lamp is the sun; therefore illusions are summons? Well if you like but we could go on like this all day.

Haviz I challenge you to list five reasons an illusion is not summon. (Plasma listed 5)
Personally I believe illusions are summoned spells, whether anet decides illusions have the proprieties of one or the other is up to them and what they think illusions are.
I.E. Spells that act like summons for all intent purposes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The main problem about the nerf that irked me was the nerf to the might. Getting 16 stacks of might off in a relatively fast manner was a problem, however it was a 36 second cooldown, and I play PvE. With the nerf to the might-gain, there’s no point in running iPersona because it doesn’t synergize with the skill, and then since you’re not running iPersona, you can get rid of the 5 extra points because 3 might stacks on a 11-13 second cooldown (depending on how many points you have in shatter) isn’t really worth a trait slot.

I’ve since then, for PvE, swapped to a 20/20/0/10/20 build focusing on shatters. This build allows me, and all melee players in my party, to gain 100% uptime on vigor and consumes tons of boons on the enemy. I run absolutely no condition removal on my skillbar, opting for generosity/purity sigils to do my condition removal.

Build is here.

It’s pretty good for party play and lets you stay alive for a long period of time without having to disengage. I play with S/S until I’m low with all my defensive skills on cd and then I disengage with weapon swap + more combos. It’s a relatively nice party combo as it lets your tanking allies keep vigor and it strips enemy boons while pushing your conditions onto them.

Basically rundown of this build:

-Still shatter reliant.
-Shatters give Confusion, Boon-removal, Vulnerability to enemies.
-Shatters give Vigor to allies.

I was playing around with Inspiration, and the Heal on shatters seemed nice, but you have to go too far into the tree and the second tier does not offer anything beneficial. The only way to benefit is if you could get both grandmaster traits as they’re both shatter-traits, sadly you can’t, so there isn’t really a point in going that far. If you want to be a mesmer healer, you wouldn’t get the grandmaster traits even if you went all the way in.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kabooky.8071

Kabooky.8071

He made a clear point about a band aid nerf to fix a bug rather than clean the code.
Kitten sake discuss that rather than teen soap opera.

in Mesmer

haviz.1340

Haviz I challenge you to list five reasons an illusion is not summon. (Plasma listed 5)
Personally I believe illusions are summoned spells, whether anet decides illusions have the proprieties of one or the other is up to them and what they think illusions are.
I.E. Spells that act like summons for all intent purposes

You don’t need more arguments if they have stronger meaning. And imho illusions being locked-in targets, doing much more dmg than normal summons and being really squishy is enough. We can argue that they are summons but summons with significant differences from other summons.

He made a clear point about a band aid nerf to fix a bug rather than clean the code.
Kitten sake discuss that rather than teen soap opera.

He made more points than just gcd.

in Mesmer

plasmacutter.2709

The patch represents the lack of consideration the devs have for mesmer play experience.

The biggest culprit in the overpowered burst was a ludicrous damage boost from bugged shatter calculation — and they did something to stop this (and again, this is VERY ironic considering it went unnoticed from launch until you could get 25 stacks of might due to how limp mesmer damage in general is)

instead of stopping there to “wait and see”, however, they borked the might stacking that had finally, at long last, un-sucked mesmer’s ability to generate lootable corpses in pve

This is the latest in a long string of patches in which mesmers have received a rifle-butt to the face.

The injustice regarding our summons vs others was just another example.

I’m done with it. My mesmer is now a bank toon until ANet decides they actually care about the experience of people who play the profession outside of s/tpvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DestregA.5314

DestregA.5314

If you havn’t been pvping on your mesmer you missed out.

It’s never been good at pve, play a warrior for that. You actually get loot.

in Mesmer

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Mesmer QQing, omg, one of the most powerful classes QQing about WHAT? play engi or ranger they are really underpowered….

in Mesmer

Posted by: DestregA.5314

DestregA.5314

If you haven’t used gems to buy slots for every profession by now… what have you been doing? playing fashion wars?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nemhy.5230

Nemhy.5230

guardian
warrior
elementalist

You don’t see anything wrong with the 4 warriors being essential to speedclearing? Warriors are stupid right now yet ANet claims they’re working as intended

in Mesmer

Nemhy.5230

The patch represents the lack of consideration the devs have for mesmer play experience.

The biggest culprit in the overpowered burst was a ludicrous damage boost from bugged shatter calculation — and they did something to stop this (and again, this is VERY ironic considering it went unnoticed from launch until you could get 25 stacks of might due to how limp mesmer damage in general is)

instead of stopping there to “wait and see”, however, they borked the might stacking that had finally, at long last, un-sucked mesmer’s ability to generate lootable corpses in pve

This is the latest in a long string of patches in which mesmers have received a rifle-butt to the face.

The injustice regarding our summons vs others was just another example.

I’m done with it. My mesmer is now a bank toon until ANet decides they actually care about the experience of people who play the profession outside of s/tpvp.

It’s okay! In GW1 Mesmer got a nice PvE update!………like 6 years after release

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

110% agreed. I am STILL running the EXACT same specs as I was before the “nerf” Still soloing champs in CS still running dungeons. And for those that think shatter heavy isnt viable anymore. I was still dropping more illusions and shatters than the enemies could keep up with… We still have some of the Highest burst in the game and can burn down thieves, warriors, guardians, necros, else IF we use some skill and actual timing instead of facerolling and spamming our shatters.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: SerMahad.4813

SerMahad.4813

The only pattern I can see is the one about people ragequitting and whining as soon as something maybe looking like a nerf touches their class/playing style. Even when it’s among the most effective and customizable professions around in the game.
Personally I wasn’t using SS nor any bug about shatters – I’m not sure which was it in detail even now, but that GCD must be there for a reason – but I still see the patch as a fix since SS was blatantly op.
Yours sincerely, and still having fun playing my mesmer.

My Mom Thinks I’m Special [MTIS] – Piken Square

in Mesmer

Nemhy.5230

Even when it’s among the most effective and customizable professions around in the game.

You must not play Dungeons where the only really viable build is crit/shatter spam

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

Even when it’s among the most effective and customizable professions around in the game.

You must not play Dungeons where the only really viable build is crit/shatter spam

So you saying a build that gets all mobs into one area and then take complete control of them, so they never hit any team mate and also do multy perma damage buff to all team mates and keep perma regen/reta on everyone.
Also keeps up a perma reflect so all long rang kills it self.

Then on boss’s keep up all that and on most can keep it completely lock down so it never even hurt the team.

You calling that useless in a dgn.

I got a question, was you drop on your head as a child???

Ps I agree with this thread, plz all the babies leave this class. I hate seeing crying all over the place.(I dont like kids)

in Mesmer

Posted by: RageQuit.5687

RageQuit.5687

Oh god here we go again:
– My class got changes made to it, and I can no longer get cheap wins with minimal effort. Baaaaaw…

Can’t wait for the kittenstorm if thieves ever have some tweaks done to them. GW2 will lose 90% of their player base.

Mfw even with these changes applied my friend can still 1v4 with Mesmer.
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/MFW+I+find+out+a+friend+of+mines+a+brony_d887b5_3632461.jpg

Edit: Regarding dungeons – It’s still very much viable. It’s just funny how some people would rather moan about this, than learn to adapt to the change and come up with another strategy to compensate.

(edited by RageQuit.5687)

in Mesmer

Nemhy.5230

So you saying a build that gets all mobs into one area and then take complete control of them, so they never hit any team mate and also do multy perma damage buff to all team mates and keep perma regen/reta on everyone.
Also keeps up a perma reflect so all long rang kills it self.

Then on boss’s keep up all that and on most can keep it completely lock down so it never even hurt the team.

You calling that useless in a dgn.

I got a question, was you drop on your head as a child???

Ps I agree with this thread, plz all the babies leave this class. I hate seeing crying all over the place.(I dont like kids)

Perma reflection….where would that be? The only shatter that will grant reflection is distortion and the cooldown on that is hardly perma. Complete control of the mobs? lol Guardian and Necro do that 100x better. Perma regen and protection??? The cooldown on that is 15 seconds and they hardly last a fraction of that. Please tell me this “complete control” and “perma reflection” please.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Frankly – I’m not giving up on Mesmer.
I simply want our favourite class’ numerous bugs finally fixed.
That is all.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

That is all.

it has been just demonstrated that they’re not going to fix mesmer bugs though,
They’re going to slap bandaids over it that make the profession worse and just make it harder to trigger the bugs in the first place

Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

No!

Seriously, I don’t understand this notion that you should only have/play one profession. If you feel tired of the Mesmer, then go play a Elementalist for a while, and then come back when you miss the Mesmer again. I don’t see why you have to be so kitten dramatic about it.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Mesmer

Posted by: RageQuit.5687

RageQuit.5687

That is all.

it has been just demonstrated that they’re not going to fix mesmer bugs though,
They’re going to slap bandaids over it that make the profession worse and just make it harder to trigger the bugs in the first place

Well that’s an assumption you’re making here. If they had no interest in eventually fixing this, why bother with the “band-aid” in the first place.

There’s a lot they need to fix, I think some crap just gets prioritised over the rest.
I can’t imagine why Mesmers were taken as priority, but hey, what’s been done is nothing catastrophic. IMO they should have focused on ranger or engineer, even thief since they need a tweak or two. But hey…

People are jumping the gun here. The game is 4 months old, with frequent patches coming out, patience is key here.

At the moment I see just this:
- A class got some changes done to it and everyone that plays it went apekitten without first finding out whether there’s a way to compensate for the assumed loss in playability.
- The forums here are turning into post-launch Diablo 3 forums. Where the majority of complaints come from people who either don’t play the class or don’t even own the game. For the sake of whining.
- This happens every time something gets changed, and people are not even providing their opinions in a constructive manner. Out of all the posts I’ve seen today, not one had any arguments backed with any data to support the claim that Mesmer is now, for lack of a better word – Effed. ANet won’t even look at those threads, which renders all of that moaning moot.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

I was ticked off because I had just finished gearing for the shatter/might spec just 30 seconds before the server went down for the patch. 4 Gold on Runes completely down the drain!

However, I spent a couple hours in a build tool trying to find a solid build that would appeal to me. I found it and I actually kill faster and end combat in better shape than I did with my Shatter/Might build Mesmer while leveling the last few levels to 80 over the past few days. It sucks I can no longer support my party with a hefty buff share, but it’s also nice to not be a buff bot.

I’ll post the build tomorrow. It’s a Sword/Sword : Scepter/Focus Phantasm build with regenerating, confusing Phantasms and Retaliatory blocking skills. Less frenetic than the previous build, more tactical and deliberate, but I really enjoyed it for the first hour of testing tonight.

Tomorrow I’ll try to find a Champion to solo, to see if it can still be done. Also want to test it out in more varied situations, but there are other viable builds out there.

BTW, I do hate ham handed nerfs. I wish the “fix” had been a little more deliberate, but I can still hope that they will revisit the nerfed build in the future with an eye towards making a more balanced version viable.

I spent 150 gold gearing my mesmer fully before the server went down how do u think i feel. time to spend more on confusion build set lets go.. or ima just quit and go back to my ele. Has way more damage way more might stacks in seconds AOE HEALS mega healing period. mega ways to get protection PERMA swiftness FTW? Perma FURY FTW?? and they call mesmers OP… sure…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I get plenty of loot in pve. Illusionary persona + sword. Blink or run in, unload shatters and swing 1 and 2. Ground is then covered in Cullens. No need to bring up clones unless you want to hit stuff further in back as the shatter on yourself hits hard enough.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Sylv.5324)

in Mesmer

Posted by: sinican.9250

sinican.9250

It is asinine that illusions are negated by blinds…. If you want to make our summons not be able to be summoned (or miss) because of los/dodge/block/blind/evade/invuln then our summons should be immune UNTIL WE replace or shatter then, they should be non physical and there attacks should not be able to be blocked/evaded/dodged/blinded/invuln. It is a double standard… not only is our cast of our summons (skill) negated by these effects so are all of the attacks (including shatters) that the illusions do.

I propose you simply stop this bullkitten of negating our ability to use our kitten skills and have the effects only affect the illusions as they recently included as yet another nerf… aka now they need los of sight of the target not only to be summoned but for the summoned illusion to actual land a hit is subject to all the same rules….

It would be like being able to dodge the ranger’s “attacks” to cause his pet to not even react to our presence.

And comparing the shatter CD to the elemental is BS the elemental attunements are equivalent to weapon swaps that is why they have a CD between swaps, all their offensive/defensive abilities don’t go on global with them.

The entire mechanics of illusions should work either like DoT’s as in you hit or miss with the skill cast, not each “tic” and subsequent effects of the DoT has to hit or miss continuously or the “tics” do not land. Either that or they should work like summons…. I don’t care which but it should NOT be both.

(edited by sinican.9250)

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

??

Mesmer phantasms can be blinded on summon, or the phantasm can be blinded on attack. Hence the enemy has 2 chances to defend against a phantasm, not 1 as with every other ability in the entire game.

This is more apparent when discussing Aegis, block, dodge, evade, or invuln effects with regards to avoiding phantasms. They can put up a passive defense mechanism and have a very large window (2 chances) to avoid the phantasm compared to the relatively smaller window (1 chance) for any other attack in the game.

It’s kind of silly.

Edit: Mesmers on the forum rag on the Blind effect more because it’s annoying and makes the edges of the screen dark. However, the point is that phantasms get affected twice by defensive mechanisms instead of once. Zzz.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

The devs posted about this is another forum. At the moment the cd is to stop this bug, until a more permanent solution can be found.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Shelving a class is counter-intuitive and does NOTHING for your class. Keep playing it and give feedback. That’s key to getting the class fixes and attention.

They already said that the GCD on shatters was temporary until they have time to properly address the issue (hey, it’s the holidays so people are occupied lol).

Mesmers, play the class and just provide feedback normally. Anything other than that just creates useless noise and makes fixing slower lol.

in Mesmer

sinican.9250

I’d love to see what you babies would do if you were Engineers. You probably would have jumped off a building after the December patch.

But we’re not… and we didn’t, so how is it reasonable to come to that conclusion… oh well… Sure we would.

in Mesmer

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

“i spent a milion goldz trying to get the mesmer to kill a moa, but after the last patch, i die to rabbits, please hold me so we can cry together”

Seriously, this thread is laughable, most of the whiners here probably have no idea how to play. Mesmer is still at the top when it comes to PVP and in PVE is more then decent, second only to guardian as usefulness. A small nerf to might stacking and the world ended…

Just play an alt, mesmers are not for most of you here obviously.

in Mesmer

sinican.9250

“i spent a milion goldz trying to get the mesmer to kill a moa, but after the last patch, i die to rabbits, please hold me so we can cry together”

Seriously, this thread is laughable, most of the whiners here probably have no idea how to play. Mesmer is still at the top when it comes to PVP and in PVE is more then decent, second only to guardian as usefulness. A small nerf to might stacking and the world ended…

Just play an alt, mesmers are not for most of you here obviously.

Another fully educated and reasonable assumption. Let’s just build up more straw men and torch them down… TLDR: Your post is laughable.

(edited by sinican.9250)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Flaux.7154

Flaux.7154

If anyone cares, I solo legendary bosses in events by myself as a mesmer. And I personally don’t have trouble getting loot at all. Seriously, it all comes down to how you play the class. If you are struggling, then you need to refine your skills, come onto these forums and ask the right questions. Don’t pack a kitten and cry.

Anyway, this thread doesn’t even have a point, can we close it so that the regulars can get back to playing and not get a headache because of some random dude moaning please?

I can’t chase you down, stop running away from me!
Swords of Villianousity [SoV] ~ SoS

in Mesmer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

This patch has made clear ANet’s utter lack of interest or commitment in the mesmer profession.
When faced with an obvious damage calculation bug causing mind wrack to do 100% more damage, they nerfed our might stacking instead and instituted a global cooldown for mesmer only

I’m shelving my mesmer for good.

You over-privileged, entitled, pretty kitty.

Do you realize how bad other classes have it right now? Engineer is more buggy, in a worse design space, losing users left-and-right. Necromancers are about to receive and AoE nerf but have fundamental problems, a nearly completely non-viable weapon (there’s only one good use for Necro axe and it’s very specialized and only recently discovered). Ranger is still trying to find its footing in a world that greatly seems to prefer shortbow thieves.

Mesmer, at least, has great and clear roles in PvE and is an important part of the meta in multiple ways.

From my perspective running Engineer and Necro, your problems are pretty enviable.

P.S., multiple classes have global-cooldown-like mechanics. Elementalist comes to mind right off the bat, and their clearly one of the top-tier classes right now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

The cooldown on Shatters is a “GCD”. Each Shatter is an ability,

An attunement is not an ability. An attunement swaps access to 5 abilities.

Hence, it’s a terrible comparison. The “GCD” stops shatters from being used. The attunement cooldown mirrors weapon swaps.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.