Should on clone death condition traits...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Also apply on shatter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Nope.

/15chars

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

No, that seems incredibly overpowered to me. Currently, a good condition mesmer has to be very conscious of the positioning of his clones in order to make the most out of the on-death traits. If we suddenly get the ability to apply cripple, bleeding, weakness, and vulnerability with a push of a button, condition mesmer becomes overpowered in WvW and PvP. Image… Every 15 seconds you can Mind Wrack. If you have three clones out and have Crippling and Debilitating Dissipation, that means you can instantly stack ~15 seconds of cripple (assuming 80% condition duration), and a fair amount of the other conditions I mentioned, depending on how the RNG plays out. As far as I’m concerned, having the clone death traits trigger from shattering completely negates their purpose, as they’re designed to punish people for attacking the wrong target, not to be an active dps trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

^ what Pyro & Palu said. That would destroy a playstyle altoghether (something that rewards smart positioning & counterplay) since most people just shatter the hell out of it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I’d like it too but that would be way too much.

Just like I’d like a instagib button called “Smash him, you’re losing” where a giant hand would appear above my target and smash them into the ground for 44k damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Dueling 25 + Illusion 5 + F2 = 9 confusion ? … well … 6 is enough.

But I’d sure like to see the “on death” traits to apply to phantasms, too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

No they should not.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

No, that is what divides the two specs. Merging it to one thing would make it overpowered and lower the diversity of mesmer as a whole. That being said IF you putting this in question because shatter is not doing enough damage for you then it’s a learn to play issue to be quite honest.

Countless

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Only the one that give a random condition because all three conditions given are crap. Additional confusion on shatter or cripple would be too much

edit: actually even that would be too much unless its in Grandmaster trait

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

Only the one that give a random condition because all three conditions given are crap. Additional confusion on shatter or cripple would be too much

Crap? that trait is golden.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

The golden rule is, if you ignore the oblivious, they go away eventually.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

The trait is irritating because it disregards the rule of good RNG: All effects must do something useful. It has vuln (again with the vuln >_<) on a condition damage trait, and really hurts its effectiveness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

The trait is irritating because it disregards the rule of good RNG: All effects must do something useful.

Well…that pretty much goes for all our RNG effects ^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

I like the traits in that if my clones are at least near something, they never go to waste. They’re essentially a contingent mini-shatter for clones that never got to realize their full potential. Using Phase Retreat and Deceptive Evasion defensively will sometimes give me more clones than I had planned, but that doesn’t mean they just get to go on break. No slacker clones in my army!

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

Wasn’t this trait applying 1 stack of vulnerability and 1 stack of bleeding before? I could swear this was the case months ago when i was running lots of condi builds. And i wouldn’t call this trait golden at all. What vulnerability does to condi builds? If it was replaced by burning or at least Torment, increase weakness to 5sec then it would be ‘golden’

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

Vulnerability covers bleed stacks, burning, torment and confusion. With staff clones (again with the vuln!) and normal gameplay you can stack 20 vulnerability and even if its not that great for your damage, it is for your allies.
Remember that the effect is aoe.
Its also the best way we have to apply weakness and the stacks of bleed adds to WoC and sharper images stacks. This trait shines with DE and for condition builds, its golden.

in Mesmer

Clockwork Bard.3105

Vulnerability covers bleed stacks, burning, torment and confusion. With staff clones (again with the vuln!) and normal gameplay you can stack 20 vulnerability and even if its not that great for your damage, it is for your allies.
Its also the best way we have to apply weakness and the stacks of bleed adds to WoC and sharper images stacks. This trait shines with DE and for condition builds, its golden.

I keep hearing people talk about covering bleeds, but it doesn’t seem to work that way. Some tests done over in a thief forum somewhere showed bleeds being removed first. Even if those tests were wrong, for whatever reason, bleeds are almost always the most recent condition thanks to frequent reapplications.

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

Vulnerability doesn’t cover anything because too many condi will be reapplied on target with clones spamming WoC. This trait has the same problem WoC has, vulnerability has no place to be there. I do remember this being aoe and aoe on it is pretty small.

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

Im not good with tests and I cant say that it works as other conditions. But i think if you keep hearing people talk about it maybe you can really cover bleed.
Do you mind to link the thread? Even if its true, its still useful for other conditions.

Edit: found this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-Removal-Priority
If its true, a well timed dodge with good rng can prevent the enemy to cleanse vuln.

@NukaCola: Aoe skills can melt every clone you have out, WoC spam is not infinite.
Illusionary counter, iMage, decoy when you use scepter all mean less WoC spam and if the opponent kills those illusion you gain conditions as well as if you replace them.
You can also replace staff clones for more staff clones, the effect will work too.
Again 20 stacks of vulnerability can be useless for the mesmer but its perfect for allies damage.
It does not have the radius of time warp but its still effective.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

Clockwork Bard.3105

Im not good with tests and I cant say that it works as other conditions. But i think if you keep hearing people talk about it maybe you can really cover bleed.
Do you mind to link the thread? Even if its true, its still useful for other conditions.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Bleed-always-cleansed-first/first#post2373893

I think most people simply assume the wiki is right on this and spread it as gospel. A conclusion was never reached in that thread, because no one else tested it after, but it establishes that there is at least an exception to the rule (in that case, condition-to-boon effects) and it should actually be tested proper, rather than being accepted as a truth on pure faith.

(edited by Clockwork Bard.3105)