Sigil Changes and Bug Fixes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Not to criticize Anet too much, but it’s a little strange that the changes to mesmers involve bug fixes and taking advantage of multiple sigils, which all classes can now do.

Anyway, I’m excited for fixes and changes, and totally giving Anet the benefit of the doubt, but just saying…

“In the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’re focusing on giving the mesmer a few more options for applied conditions and support/survivability. Clones and phantasms will receive some updates and bug fixes, including the repair of the Illusionary Warden. Along with a few other bug fixes, the mesmer will benefit greatly from the changes to sigils, especially now that they can equip two sigils to their greatsword or staff. We’re also quite excited about a few new mesmer traits that are becoming available, such as Maim the Disillusioned, which has a great name.”

(edited by Bunda.2691)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Leaves quite a bad taste reading that

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Not to criticize Anet too much, but it’s a little strange that the changes to mesmers involve bug fixes and taking advantage of multiple sigils, which all classes can now do.

Yeah. It is a bit weird since any class benefits from it. However, I’ll try to be optimistic and just assume they can’t tell anything more specific. Looking at the other professions they didn’t tell us anything new anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kro Zair.5968

Kro Zair.5968

Anet don’t play mesmer, so they don’t know what to do with us .(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

…giving the mesmer a few more options for applied conditions and support/survivability.

More options for applied conditions? This could be a very good thing. Where will they be added (weapons, traits, etc), and which conditions…

More support / survivability could be very nice as well.

I’m interested to see what they did…including the bug fixes (which could very well make the profession considerably more effective).

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

The on-hit (versus on crit) sigil changes are huge for builds not spec’d into much precision. Finally, decent condition management option with sigils of purity.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

wow hope something new for shattermesmers shows up, anyone else wonders what miam the disillusioned can be?

maybe smth that replaces phantasm skills w aoes (‘.’) zerging inc

if they make max4 illusions trait i am jus gonna say that they r doing it wrong lol

maybe the disillusioned can be an on clone death trait as well, heavy punishing for killing a clone :0

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

In almost every thread here people complain about our bugged features, don’t pretend that it’s not a big thing!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

In almost every thread here people complain about our bugged features, don’t pretend that it’s not a big thing!

It’s big that they’re fixing them, but it’s hardly something they should tout.

“Hey guys, as a special treat, we’re fixing the things we broke months ago!!!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magi.8061

Magi.8061

“….such as Maim the Disillusioned, which has a great name.”

Epic!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Why would they mention sigils affecting us a lot though?
We aren’t warriors with 5 second weapon swaps.
Are sigils actually going to affect illusions now?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

Maim the Disillusioned sounds like a reverse Compounding Power – Targets do less damage based on the amount of illusions summoned on them.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Maim the Disillusioned sounds like a reverse Compounding Power – Targets do less damage based on the amount of illusions summoned on them.

Actually sounds like a damage amp based around confusion, or potentially some sort of compounding debuff based on confusion stacks maybe?

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i knew it. every other class will get great buffs and some awesome new build options and we get fixes and get to make use of the sigils….. we wont get an aoe fix, we wont get a buff, we wont get anything that helps us to creat a wvw raid viable build again. anet simply doesnt wanna give the mesmer anything at all for wvw since the nerfed glamour builds to the ground. EVERY other class can benefit from the kitten sigils and runs, EVERY other class has gotten bug fixes in the past, but these fixes should not prevent us from getting a buff and changes.
WE NED A WVW RAIS BUILD OPTION NOW! its not fair to get just bugfixes and nothing else. i wanna play wvw raids, i love wvw, not spvp, not tpvp, not roaming, i like wvwv RAIDS, so u anet makes it impossible for me to have fun in wvw because they refuse to fix wvw raid mesmers.
seriously i think ill just dele my mes im so done with being a veilbot!so over this kitten!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

Actually sounds like a damage amp based around confusion, or potentially some sort of compounding debuff based on confusion stacks maybe?

Whenever you inflict confusion on someone, they also get a stack of bleed?
Other option would be cripple, but that sounds too strong to me.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kobeathris.3645

Kobeathris.3645

My big hope for that is it somehow making confusion not terrible in PVE. Something like “Causes your confusion stacks to damage your target when you crit, X second cooldown”

in Mesmer

Bunda.2691

Yeah, i’m going to guess it’s something like the guardian trait that increases damage when enemy has confusion. That’s actually not a bad thing for us, though I wonder why it’s a grandmaster when guardian’s is adept (and the fact that guardian applies burning almost nonstop).

in Mesmer

Kobeathris.3645

Yeah, i’m going to guess it’s something like the guardian trait that increases damage when enemy has confusion. That’s actually not a bad thing for us, though I wonder why it’s a grandmaster when guardian’s is adept (and the fact that guardian applies burning almost nonstop).

The problem with that, is it mainly buffs power builds, and would happen the same time as they are nerfing crit damage across the board, which would be kind of weird. I wouldn’t say no to more direct damage, but it still leaves confusion itself being kind of meh.

in Mesmer

Bunda.2691

The problem with that, is it mainly buffs power builds, and would happen the same time as they are nerfing crit damage across the board, which would be kind of weird. I wouldn’t say no to more direct damage, but it still leaves confusion itself being kind of meh.

With the sigil changes and whatnot, I feel like condi mesmers will be in a good place. Between clone-death traits, sharper images, and sigils (think doom/torment, hydro/geo, etc.), mesmers will be able to apply a ton of condis with all weapon sets.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The only thing that bothers me is no mention of increased mobility.

Really though, if they just let us use spear and trident on land it would make the class perfect for me.

in Mesmer

Kobeathris.3645

With the sigil changes and whatnot, I feel like condi mesmers will be in a good place. Between clone-death traits, sharper images, and sigils (think doom/torment, hydro/geo, etc.), mesmers will be able to apply a ton of condis with all weapon sets.

Could be, I was just thinking that if confusion itself was good for mesmers, then you could potentially use it in a dungeon and not have to worry about the Bleed cap so much. No one else is going to want to stack it in PvE, unless they also had something that made it not bad there, and it doesn’t get applied incidentally as often as bleeding and burning do.

in Mesmer

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

I’m excited about sigil changes. I posted a while ago, we always got the short end of the stick, because of the who phantasms don’t inherit Critical Damage, and people said they won’t proc effects (air, purity, fire, etc) so it was up to our auto attack. Other classes have a chance to proc based on a wide range of skills on their bar (1,2,3,4,5!) and we usually have 2 clone of phant skills which couldn’t take advantage of either the critical damage or the on proc effects.

I guess with ferocity, our phant damage might go up so we’ll be more inline with damage with other classes. We’re so slow to warm up to damage unlike the other classes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

their idea of survivability – +1000 healing power after interrupt and 3 seconds of diversion after enemy kill…. lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

It’s a Dueling trait… after a Duel being invulnerable is… great
after the work is done you can chill out invulnerabe and be out of combat

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Almost every update , we either get a bug fix / buff to a skill while making another skill totally bugged to the point of uselessness.

They SHOULD NOT be counting bug fixes as buffs.

Anet: “Oh hey! We buffed you guys!”
Mesmers:“omg really?!!??!!!”
Anet: "Yeah! We fixed you so one of the skills we broke a patch ago is back to normal! Isn’t that great?
Mesmers: “….”

Yes, I am referring to their comment on Phantasm Warden

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Almost every update , we either get a bug fix / buff to a skill while making another skill totally bugged to the point of uselessness.

They SHOULD NOT be counting bug fixes as buffs.

Anet: “Oh hey! We buffed you guys!”
Mesmers:“omg really?!!??!!!”
Anet: "Yeah! We fixed you so one of the skills we broke a patch ago is back to normal! Isn’t that great?
Mesmers: “….”

Yes, I am referring to their comment on Phantasm Warden

yeah thats how i feel. so they broke a bunch of stuff or never even bothered to fix major bugs and now we should be all happy and quiet….? other classes didnt have so many bugs and they do get buffs and stuff…it feels like the balance team thinks about every class and when it comes to mesmers, they are like: mesmers, nah they are fine. fix the bugs and they will be happy."
well guess what? as a wvw raid player only, im not at all!so lets hope this is not all we gonna get….im so so so tired of veilbot duty!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I don’t belive they’ll even fix iLeap.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

I love how they tried to push iWarden as a QoL change rather than a straight up bug fix. lolol

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

The warden is mentioned specifically as a repair, if it was not mentioned here the forums would now be full of rageposts about warden not getting fixed.

Regarding the sigils, I suppose it could refer to the fact that most mesmer use at least one 2-hander, since our 1-handed options are a little limited. But I agree it’s a bit weird since it’s not a class-specific addition.