Sigil of generosity

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Not strictly a Mesmer question, but I always get good answers here.

Has anyone experimented much with superior sigil of generosity since the April patch?

They are really expensive, but I was wondering if they might be worth it.

Do they have any failure cases? Like out of range or can somehow be dodged or because your crit has happened, the condi will always be transferred.

Thanks for any feedback

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

The bad thing about these sigils is that I believe they proc on any critical hit, regardless if you have a condition or not. Then when you really need it, it’s on cooldown. Same for on hit sigils like purity. I suppose ultimately you’re going to get a condition cleared from them but it’s just so random that I don’t find it worth it unless you can take both purity and generosity together (which can then kitten your setup).

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I think those sigils are already fixed. They only proc when you have a condition.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Ps. Same as nullification. Only procs when foe has a boon.

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

I haven’t heard/seen that, is that confirmed?

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Doesn’t matter really. It’ll proc on the first random stack of bleed/vuln/w/e that you get, and then you’re out of luck when you get dumped on. They’re simply too unreliable.

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Thanks for the answers. Here’s the bigger picture. This is all wvw roam/havoc

I’ve been trying to use Arcane Thievery (with 36 second cooldown) as my primary way to deal with conditions. It is somewhat unpredictable, but it’s really fun when it works (either for condi transfer or for boon stealing).

But AT seems a little bit too unreliable and 36 seconds is a long time to wait.

So with a 60% crit chance in my build, I was thinking maybe a condi transfer from each weapon set might be enough to make a complete condi defense.

Thx much for the input! I suspect it’s too unreliable, but I’ve been living for a week or two with only AT

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Thanks for the answers. Here’s the bigger picture. This is all wvw roam/havoc

I’ve been trying to use Arcane Thievery (with 36 second cooldown) as my primary way to deal with conditions. It is somewhat unpredictable, but it’s really fun when it works (either for condi transfer or for boon stealing).

But AT seems a little bit too unreliable and 36 seconds is a long time to wait.

So with a 60% crit chance in my build, I was thinking maybe a condi transfer from each weapon set might be enough to make a complete condi defense.

Thx much for the input! I suspect it’s too unreliable, but I’ve been living for a week or two with only AT

AT is an offensive skill should not be used as a condi remover. mender’s purity is what you need .

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Yeah, I’ve been asking about and testing AT for a while. I agree that the general input is to use AT offensively to steal boons. And, for sure, it’s fun to do that.

I’m just trying to see if there’s a viable condi management strategy where I can incorporate it. After a couple of weeks of only having AT, I’m still fine in WvW fights in general. But there are cases where I get stuck with something like a stack of torment after I’ve used AT.

I think Mender’s Purity is very cool, but right now, I’m not using that trait line.

Does anyone know what classes ARE using these sigils? Seems like a 35 gold price must mean someone uses them.

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

I have two of these, and I will probably grab a third. I have one on my great sword, for when I run power PU and one on my staff for when I’m running shatter. This has made a tremendous impact on my survivability. I really can’t go one enough about these. I bought one when they first came out, and my second recently for buy order of 40+ gold. And they are certainly worth it. This is purely from a WvW perspective I can’t speak to pve, or spvp.

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

@scam

April 15 patch notes has em

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

@scam

April 15 patch notes has em

I had missed that part of the update, thanks.
I’d say these are definitely more compelling to take, RnG aspects aside.

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I was dueling Atrastea earlier with generosity and for about 9 seconds of critting him with the sigil, not once did it remove poison. I wouldn’t trust it, just try and not get hit by the condies I guess haha.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

I was dueling Atrastea earlier with generosity and for about 9 seconds of critting him with the sigil, not once did it remove poison. I wouldn’t trust it, just try and not get hit by the condies I guess haha.

Definitely the best option, and incidentally, the “bug” regarding the proc when you don’t have a condition was not stated on the generosity sigil, only the purity one, for what it’s worth.

Sigil of generosity

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I was playing with those when they were “expensive”, but cheap compared to today. We don’t have a lot of condi removal. It was my opinion then that they weren’t worth the price.

Those sigils are a lot more expensive today.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.