Signet Mesmer?

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: yvesbeaumont.3291

yvesbeaumont.3291

anyone ever thought about such a build? i’d like to try it but i wouldn’t know where to begin.

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Now you know why no on has done it.

Seriously, most of the signets’ purposes don’t mesh well together and the trait distribution for signets are all over the place.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

The only one I use is signet of inspiration in dungeons only.

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Signet of Domination:
Passive: Improved condition damage.
Active: Stun your foe.

Signet of Illusions:
Passive: Grants more health to your illusions.
Active: Recharge your shatter skills.

Signet of Inspiration:
Passive: Grants a random boon every ten seconds.
Active: Copy all of your boons to nearby allies.

Signet of Midnight:
Passive: Improves boon duration.
Active: Blind nearby foes.

A signet build can only use three of the four signets (we have no elite signet nor healing signet). Not only that, but the signet effects are very polar (Domination and Illusions are offensively focused, while Inspiration and Midnight are defensively focused).

Since you can only have three, that means you have one signet that doesn’t synergize with the others. If you want a really effective build, all your skills should synergize, so you can really only run two signets together. And to top it all off, the active effects (which disable the passives when used) are mediocre to decent effects on long cooldowns that do not synergize with the passive effects.

The signets are just too niche and specialized to have any sort of build based around them. They are designed to fill in holes in already existing builds, not to be the center of their own.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I tried out a signet build a while back with the following traits with sword/pistol and greatsword equipped:

10(VI)/20(IV,VIII)/30(VIII,IX,XI)/0/10(IV)

It wasn’t a perfect build (lasted about 2 days before being changed) but to be honest as the above poster said, signets just don’t synergise well. I ended up trying to capitalize on boon duration and the distortion applied whenever a signet was used (reflection on distortion).

I’m sure someone has come up with a slightly more viable signet build somewhere…

Gandara

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I did nearly like Simonoly, but 20/20/20/0/10. Just to get the GS mastery and more power instead.

Would put my mesmer on Signet build, IF ONLY DISTORTION REFLECTION (MASTERFUL REFLECTION) WORKED WITH BLURRED INSCRIPTION or ’’Blurred’’ frenzy for that matter. Geez, it been 6 months ANET. Would have been perfect with Sword main hand, but no, Blurred Frenzy get Invulnerability from ’’BLURR’’ <- LOL. They didn’t even bother to change the icon of Distortion from the ’’Blurr’’ effect in Blurred Frenzy tooltip.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

I think signets go great together for the build I use for almost everything. Use Staff/GS for both phantasms and ranged abilities. The staff is great with chaos aoe boons and signets. Just use signet of inspiration and chaos field for boons constantly and keep transferring them to your phantasms. If you use all signet builds you get a blind and a stun also—how is that not synergy? People forget that you can transfer boons to your clones and with a power build along with might and swiftness popping often you can do some great damage.

Signet of Domination:
Passive: Improved condition damage.
Active: Stun your foe.
Signet of Illusions:
Signet of Inspiration:
Passive: Grants a random boon every ten seconds.
Active: Copy all of your boons to nearby allies.
Signet of Midnight:
Passive: Improves boon duration.
Active: Blind nearby foes.

Self Is The Emblem All

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Derenek.8931

Derenek.8931

Signets are awesome because you dont need to waste trait points on them. I spent all my points on sending out as many clones and phantasms as possible. Thats why I use the Sceptre/Sword Combo in Addition to the staff. The only trait I use with the signets is the one that gives distortion when you use the signet. I never use the active ability unless I am being swarmed then I spam them for the invulnerability they give me as well as screwing the enemies pretty badly at the same time.

Attachments:

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

Does not worth it. In every game mode you have something better to use than 2/3 signets.

@Krispera: They should change f4 name.

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Oh boy, thread revival. I’m using 20-20-30, lyssa runes, traited signet and PU now. Distortion is so good. Necros in PvP are not a bane anymore ! Thieves spamming their skills on you → Pick a signet (Distortion) !

I’m still asking Blurred Inscription working with Masterful Reflection, Anet.

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Signets are just not very good. There are several problems with them.

Firstly, the traits are all over the place and have extraordinarily tiny effects compared to the cooldowns of the signets themselves.

Secondly, the signets themselves have issues. Most of the active effects don’t really mesh well with the passives, and the actives and passives DEFINITELY do not mesh well with each other. The result of equipping 3 signets is simply that you’ll have 3 random utilities on your bar doing random things that don’t in any way, shape, or form, work together. Any build that uses full signets will be worse than any other serious build.

That being said, it’s sorta fun to troll in PvP with a full signet + torch + PU build, maximizing invulnerability uptime and stealth uptime. It doesn’t actually do anything, but it’s sorta amusing.

Signet Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

The three second stun on sig of dom is awesome and i run it quite often in wvw. Wish it had a 30 CD but i’d still consider this sig great. For Blurred Incriptions builds be worth running, we need short CD sigs like 10-15sec THEN it could be worth building around it.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.