Signet for 25% movement speed please!

in Mesmer

Posted by: joannarei.4237

joannarei.4237

So i have read all over and due to cost of Superior Rune of The Traveler, there’s no way I’m gonna spend that much on a rune. So as most professions have a signet or trait that grants them a passive 25% movement speed, where’s the love for the mesmers?

I can’t rely on using the Temporal Curtain Focus Skill with that cooldown, it’s just not that fun….or using other Runes that grants movement speed IF we use a skill or kill a foe…it’s not that enjoyable…

So please Anet, give mesmers at least a signet or trait that grants 25% movement speed!

“I barely touched him… and he broke. You humans are so fragile!”-Razah

in Mesmer

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I agree.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Also let us use Spear on land!

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Also let us use Spear on land!

maybe replace sword #3 with spear #2 ahhh

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

why not summon tons of butterflys and ride on em!

ride the butterfly!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hiccup.6035

Hiccup.6035

I would love a passive movement speed increase. My mesmer has a hard enough time stacking swiftness, especially if I pass over a fellow mesmer focus #4. It’s like my toon just ignores the skill completely and I run out of swiftness 6 steps later.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Remove all +25% movement increase traits and utils in the game.

Increase base movement speed of all classes by 25%

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

Devs already said we don’t have this because of Portal…

So hopefully they have changed their mind, would be great.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

That’s f’in dumb, regarding us not having a movement speed util because of Portal. God man, these devs sometimes.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Mesmer

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

focus with an increased swiftness rune?

but yea, aside from guardian, mesmers are the only others that don’t have a base movement speed trait/signet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tyger.7280

Tyger.7280

I definitely hate that the focus is really our only swiftness. First off, I hate when I set down temporal curtain and then another person pops a shout or something before I get there and cancels it out. And their swiftness buff is for less time than mine would have been.

I also love that if an enemy is chasing me and I use TC it puts me in combat if they run over it and slows me down anyway. Even if I try to use the pull function before the enemy gets there, they’re usually close enough to get pulled and combat again.

So in my personal opinion, I don’t necessarily need a signet. Just a swiftness buff that doesn’t totally suck.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I can’t even comprehend why they would think it is okay to have mesmers be the only profession to be stuck with requiring a specific weapon to have decent OOC movement speed. At least guardians have two utilities that grant swiftness…combined they have nearly 100% swiftness up time. Every other light armor wearer has a signet that has the passive 25% OOC movement speed + at least one trait/utility with swiftness/movement speed.

We’re not even talking about in-combat movement speed (as we already have that), this is about quality of life, running around the world, event to event, keeping up with teammates that may or may not have group swiftness (or maybe you were out of range when they used group swiftness).

Using portal as an excuse to make mesmers feel like they are running in slow motion versus all other characters is just that….an excuse…and not an intelligent one at that. Portal requires you to have been to a location…and extremely recently…to be able to use portal to get back to that location. That does not even remotely sound like it accomplishes the same thing as OOC movement speed between events/across a map.

Forcing us to keep a focus equipped just to be able to have decent OOC movement speed is just a bad decision…since this restriction/requirement is 100% not applied to any other profession. Its not like I wouldn’t use a focus on its own merits (the aoe pull, reflect, iWarden), so ease up on the movement speed restriction. I pretty much hate having to switch to this weapon from any other I have currently equipped…just to not drag across the map in slow motion.

We have some prime signets that would be great to attach 25% movement speed to (just like the other light armor classes). Signet of Ether and Signet of Illusions come readily to mind. Especially Signet of Illusions as its current passive is just a band-aid for the weak trait (persisting images) and lack luster phantasm survivability in general.

I do tend to think that movement speed for all characters needs to just be re-evaluated. The speed other characters move at with the 25% increase should be the base. No one enjoys moving in slow motion, and the sacrifice of desired utility slots just to compensate is a negative, not a positive on game play experience.

I would just like to add that our power trait line (domination) could use some serious improvement as well. It feels as bad or worse than guardian’s power trait line (zeal). I can’t even find an excuse to go beyond the first two traits. The only possible reasons would be for the torch or GS traits, which I don’t use. Going the power route generally means using melee weapons, yet the only weapon traits in the power line are for GS and torch. There are the interrupt traits, but those are useless against bosses in pve. There are the confusion traits, but the reason we are going power is for power…not for condition damage. In short, this trait line is a hot mess. It lacks identity and strays from its purpose. I hope this is something that is being worked on in this upcoming feature pack as was possibly hinted at.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

but yea, aside from guardian, mesmers are the only others that don’t have a base movement speed trait/signet

Guardians have easier access to Swiftness (if they want 100% uptime, they have to stand still, but it’s better than not getting Temporal Curtain swiftness because some idiot gave you 3s of Swiftness as he passed your TC).

Also, Guardian GS leap + sword teleport are much more mobility and movement than… well… Staff 2 (unless we’re talking in combat).

Technically, we have a movement trait, but it sucks so much that it’s not really a trait.

(edited by Esplen.3940)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Confessor.8957

Confessor.8957

Remove all +25% movement increase traits and utils in the game.

Increase base movement speed of all classes by 25%

Finally a reasonable solution! Add to that: a **dstar like “Sprint” (50%?) hotkey that gives around baseline X seconds of sprint with a full charge and slow recharge.

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Guardians have easier access to Swiftness (if they want 100% uptime, they have to stand still, but it’s better than not getting Temporal Curtain swiftness because some idiot gave you 3s of Swiftness as he passed your TC).

Also, Guardian GS leap + sword teleport are much more mobility and movement than… well… Staff 2 (unless we’re talking in combat).

Technically, we have a movement trait, but it sucks so much that it’s not really a trait.

well, sword have to be targeted to work

Still, guardians are still more mobile than mesmer

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Retreat!%22

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Save_Yourselves!%22

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Judge%27s_Intervention

With guardian gs #3.

They can easily out run a mesmer.

note: guardian targeted teleport abilities does not need to be in range to teleport

in Mesmer

Posted by: Askadia.4395

Askadia.4395

Mesmer mobility is somehow different compared to other classes.
- 6 pt in Chaos line: 30% boon duration
- Rune of Speed: perma +25% speed, 30% swiftness duration, 15s random if you get stuck.
- Superior Sigil of Speed: 20s each enemy killed
- Signet of Inspiration: 10s random
- Switch to Focus: 12s

That is:
- Always: +25% speed
- Random: 19,5s + 16s (35,5s)
- Per enemy kill: 32s
- Focus: 19,2s
Total: from 51,2s to 1m30s (including random swiftness) per just 1 enemy killed.

The amount of swiftness you can stack per kill is so huge that you even dont need every single rune/sigil/trait/signet I suggested.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Mesmer mobility is somehow different compared to other classes.
- 6 pt in Chaos line: 30% boon duration
- Rune of Speed: perma +25% speed, 30% swiftness duration, 15s random if you get stuck.
- Superior Sigil of Speed: 20s each enemy killed
- Signet of Inspiration: 10s random
- Switch to Focus: 12s

That is:
- Always: +25% speed
- Random: 19,5s + 16s (35,5s)
- Per enemy kill: 32s
- Focus: 19,2s
Total: from 51,2s to 1m30s (including random swiftness) per just 1 enemy killed.

The amount of swiftness you can stack per kill is so huge that you even dont need every single rune/sigil/trait/signet I suggested.

So burst down some random mobs everytime you’re running somewhere?

I guess you could do this on a random weapon then swap it out (like people currently do with focus). But you’d have to weigh up the time lost killing mobs vs running directly to the location. It’s not a terrible idea, but it’s not wholly practical either. Also, with a ton of swiftness you have no need for +25% move speed. Could go pack runes instead.