Signet of Inspiration Question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Avarath.9675

Avarath.9675

So recently I created a Mesmer and I must say I really love it! I admit leveling is a little harder than my Warrior however I’m loving the variety of skills and illusions. My question is how useful is Signet of Inspiration at later levels? I’m currently using it to level and it seems pretty useful (at the moment). It’s something I wouldn’t mind using later down the road with a shatter build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Mesmers have very dynamic builds. I was just in a dungeon where my build was changing at every major fight and even in between the major fights.

Not just my skills, but my weapon sets, my traits, and I’d even swap weapons as I was casting. (Temporal Curtain —> Equip Torch for Invis —> Run through Curtain for speed).

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

So recently I created a Mesmer and I must say I really love it! I admit leveling is a little harder than my Warrior however I’m loving the variety of skills and illusions. My question is how useful is Signet of Inspiration at later levels? I’m currently using it to level and it seems pretty useful (at the moment). It’s something I wouldn’t mind using later down the road with a shatter build.

Since signet of inspiration randomly grants every boon except stability it is amazing on a personal level for leveling ( I think I stuck with it til 50 or so) after that it depends on what you want to do. Once you cap 80 mesmers are able to keep some boons up on their own pretty easily. SOI can be taken to provide group support in dungeons. When built right this can lead to a permanent group protection. Adding extra might stacks to your team or with lyssa runes giving your entire party every boon in the game for a period.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Signet of inspiration has a meh passive but an amazing active. That being said, the active isn’t always useful. I’ll take it if I know that my party members will be providing me with long lasting or powerful boons that I can double, or if I’ll be stealing long lasting or powerful boons from mobs we fight.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Karmasutra.9351

Karmasutra.9351

SOI is great to use with Superior Runes of Lyssa. If you do a chaos storm and then use Time Warp and SOI, it passes huge stacks of every boon available in the game to you and people standing near you. Great burst for WVW and dungeons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

You shouldn’t be using SoI for its passive, and if you use it for its active , well; it’s active is mainly useful if you play with people you know. Though in WvW it has great potential, and I still haven’t forgotten my Beta idea of a group of SoI Mesmers amplifying boons over and over…

I mean think about it. Say one Mesmer has Protection for 10s, they use SoI to spread it to five other Mesmers, who then all use SoI and spread it to the other five Mesmers; giving each Mesmer ~40s of Protection…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I mean think about it. Say one Mesmer has Protection for 10s, they use SoI to spread it to five other Mesmers, who then all use SoI and spread it to the other five Mesmers; giving each Mesmer ~40s of Protection…

Which is enough to cycle the traited CD!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Which is enough to cycle the traited CD!

;) In dungeons my build can do that already(give partys 40+seconds of protection). Unfortunately most mesmers i have come across in dungeons think “ERMAHGERD MUST DO SO MUCH SHATTER DAMAGE!” and they usually die as soon as a dredge/undead/son of svanir/flame legion look at them wrong…. My theory is “you can’t dps if you are dead.”

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer