Silver League WvW Mesmer

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArdRnsISpaWrGmpB1aGp3gMVAO9HWRJQ9MiRHB-TVyCABO8AAqTfDEHogGVCCwhAIS1fWa/hqU+N9ZUIAwBw4Fv4jn4jP+4Hf8xHf8xb8xHf8xHvUAQssC-w

Now this build is not intended for roamers and its not intended for facing off against the hammer trains of gold league lets put that out of the way now we all know it doesnt work in those scenarios.

This build is built around my experience on Devonas Rest. It combines excessive Torment and confusion with multiple blinds. The reasoning behind it is simple there are several ways to control a fight one of them is thru crowd control, which is found on focus 4 and gs 5 use those heavily and consider using them in combination with each other hint hint wink wink. The second method is damage. Thus torment confusion and the power/precision found in gear while wielding the GS. The third is suppression which is why we have blinds focus 4/5 gs 5 and nullfields effect.

The playstyle is pretty simple you start the conflict by rushing enemies using your utilities from the left to right making sure to drop the entrance portal somewhere the enemies you are rushing straight thru will run over, then you use blink to get directly behind them to drop the exit portal. naturally a few players will take that portal not even knowing where it goes because idiots are idiots. but now the fun begins. focus 4 in the middle of the enemy then focus 4 again to pull them together gs 4 for a quick hit on all of them then gs5 for pushing them onto your advancing ally line. Pick an unfortunate fool close by stand in his face and gs2. now gs 3 whatever strikes your fancy and use gs1 as filler until your weapon swap cd ends. focus 5 a pesky ranger scepter 2 a warrior what have you the enemy should be in disarray by now and you can start picking people off. make sure to use swiftness from focus 4 and blink to catch up to runners if you want your bags.

Question suggestion and criticism is always welcome. good luck and enjoy the bags.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

runing Restorative Mantras without IP? Bad build then…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I hope you realize enemies can’t take your portals.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Rangerdeity.5847

yes esplen they cant but they can be effected by the blind and confusion on them. so you drop them during combat even tho they are mainly on your bar for portal tactics

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

last i checked portal doesn’t apply the blind until its full used (exit and entrance) and even then it often doesn’t apply at all…

when it does apply its a tiny duration and at that range, when facing anything with ranged attacks, its probably not about to cause a crucial non spam able attack to miss..

it’s also only 1 stack of confusion..

i don’t see the point in it except for maybe getting to tag 2 or 3 potentially really stupid players.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

So yeah, this build should never be used ever. It’s basically designed to be ineffective.

You have illusionary defense, restorative illusions, and MtD. All of these rely on having illusions to shatter. You have no effective way to produce illusions, and even in Silver League (having played silver league wvw multiple times) you still have zergs, and zergs kill illusions rapidly. So those are 3 traits that do close to nothing for you.

Next you have blinding befuddlement and dazzling glamours. These traits used to work well together in glamour builds. Unfortunately, they no longer do. Blinding befuddlement has kitten icd. What this means is that when you drop your glamour and blind 5 people, you a short stack of confusion on just one of them. Basically, it’s completely useless.

Now, you’re using full rampagers gear. This means you’re basically as squishy as is possible to get. If you get sneezed on by a staff ele, you’ll die. This is no build for group fighting in WvW.

All things considered, it would be difficult to make a build worse for group fights in wvw than this one.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Rangerdeity.5847

kitten hadnt noticed they added a icd into blinding that wipes over half the builds effectiveness now i gotta rebuild my mez before i need her for WvW again -_- and for the record rampagers gear survives just fine on a mez if your smarter than the average zerg mind player. i have never needed toughness or vitality to survive in any silver league matchup on any class only warriors and idiots need those stats outside of gold league.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Welcome Ranger Thank you for posting.
Take the ghost lightly as he is bitter.

The brightside is, you know you need to rethink some things.

If you even get close to ‘glamour’, just like Rodney Dangerfield, you will get no respect.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Rangerdeity.5847

eh it used to be effective. it was the build i ran when my zerg needed a portal mesmer i just need to play around with other builds before i volunteer for mez duty again. -slinks back onto his necro and ele-

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

EnderzShadow.2506

I don’t think it’s nearly as ineffective as people like go on about. It’s a great option as a mesmer to tag a bunch of people and I couldn’t give a **** if people think there are more ‘effective’ options via other classes. I’m not playing other classes. I’m playing the mesmer.

Everyone wants to min max to each class.
I like to think of it in terms of, what other class provides so many opportunities for chaos armor, portal bombing, stealth and reflects? Oh that’s right, none.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I don’t think it’s nearly as ineffective as people like go on about. It’s a great option as a mesmer to tag a bunch of people

This is accurate. However, the particular glamour traits that allow this are not the ones included in this build, and the gear used is all wrong too. You need to boost your condition damage as high as possible to get tagging from the weakened confusion, and this means full rabid or dire. You also want to take feedback for the long range glmaour effect and lastly you need to have confusing enchantments for the confusion spread—none of the horrible illusion traits.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Thief can provide Stealth and Ethereal Fields (Chaos Armor + Blasting). Reflects are available through Dagger Storm, albeit as buggy as the Mesmer profession in general.

Ranger and Necromancer can also provide Ethereal Fields, although both don’t have great access to blasts.

Ranger and Thief also have Smoke Fields, which provide stealth (albeit blasting these in Zergs isn’t particularly effective).

Thief is pretty close to that, although the Ethereal Field is obtained by stealing from Engineer’s.

Since the Mesmer is pretty much an amalgamation of every profession in the game (see: Jack of all Trades, Master of None), it’s easy to say that we can do anything anyone else does. Doing it better, of course, is where it becomes painfully hard.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

You should consider 4-0-0-4-4 with the remaining 2 points at your discretion.

I would take Confusing Enchantment in the Domination Line, Termporal Enchanter and Glamour Mastery in the Inspiration Line as well as Blinding Befuddlement and Dazzling Glamours in the Illusions line.

As Pyro said, definitely spec for much more condition damage. Take Staff instead of GS as a defensive weapon and consider torch offhand also for Prestige as a get out of jail card since you’ll be running a full glamour build without blink or decoy.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

Oh and, definitely take null field and feedback as a minimum. Consider Veil also since you’ll still be a veil bot. It still counts as a glamour and again it provides another option to lay blind/confusion or if you’re in trouble a getaway mechanism.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Rangerdeity.5847

yah portal has to be on the bar and if i want viel i need to increase the duration of glamours 2 seconds doesnt get anyone thru anything

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

yah portal has to be on the bar and if i want viel i need to increase the duration of glamours 2 seconds doesnt get anyone thru anything

Glamour duration does nothing for the stealth applied by veil, it only increases the duration that the glamours themselves persist on the field.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Lol, this thread is amazing.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Lol, not sure what Silver League has to do with this. Roaming isn’t THAT different across the tiers. There are zergs and roamers everywhere.

Second Child

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

EnderzShadow.2506

Since the Mesmer is pretty much an amalgamation of every profession in the game (see: Jack of all Trades, Master of None), it’s easy to say that we can do anything anyone else does. Doing it better, of course, is where it becomes painfully hard.

Maybe the ghost can come up with some ‘Brilliant Mind’ type equation that will certifiably rectify and quantify the magnitude of our magnanimous propensity for troop contribution. Cmon Fay, bust out the chalkboard and theoretical physics

Honestly, I have two conflicting lines of thought on this matter.

One is pretty straight forward. I think you are all wrong. You can’t see the value a mesmer brings to a group because it isn’t obvious and you’re too obtuse to recognize it. Min maxers tend to exagerate the obvious and diminish the subtle.

Two, maybe I’m completely wrong and showing blatant bias and favoritism to the class I play.

/shrug

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Maybe the ghost can come up with some ‘Brilliant Mind’ type equation that will certifiably rectify and quantify the magnitude of our magnanimous propensity for troop contribution. Cmon Fay, bust out the chalkboard and theoretical physics

Honestly, I have two conflicting lines of thought on this matter.

One is pretty straight forward. I think you are all wrong. You can’t see the value a mesmer brings to a group because it isn’t obvious and you’re too obtuse to recognize it. Min maxers tend to exagerate the obvious and diminish the subtle.

Two, maybe I’m completely wrong and showing blatant bias and favoritism to the class I play.

/shrug

That was one of the most pretentious and verbose posts I’ve ever read.

Second Child

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

EnderzShadow.2506

ty /bow
yeah I know, it was late…about 3am and my mind went silly

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Rangerdeity.5847

Lol, not sure what Silver League has to do with this. Roaming isn’t THAT different across the tiers. There are zergs and roamers everywhere.

you dont read very well do you? this isnt about roamers this is about ZvZ and if you dont know the difference between the hammer trains of JQ and the tactical/suppression units of DR then please dont waste my time with your comments.

Silver League WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

M8, the viability with this build is so little it’s useless in any league. Then again the amount of viable builds for mesmer is so little there are no differences in builds for whatever league you play. It’s either shatter or some kittened ‘’tag for bags’’ build that’s super ineffecient. I guess you could poke a few with PU but that’s about it.