Smirgel's post-patch PvP condi mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

I know it’s a bit early, but I just had to theorycraft something and this is what I came up with.

Build link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAraWnsISDaWhGOqB3aIx1YM1Jo8rrIVAluiNmG-TJRHwAp3fQwpAAwTA4YZAA

Notable things about the build:
- utilizes both scepter and staff (with IE) buffs!
- a lot of invulnerabilities, reflects, blocks, evades and stealth without PU!
- insane condi pressure via duelists, winds of chaos and torment spam
- a strong passive heal with good active effect
- with IE fix, expect also a lot of might stack bounce to you, boosting the celestial amulet’s potential to dish out, in addition to condi, a lot of power based damage aswell (iWarlock, iDuelist, scepter 2 and 3 deal a lot of power dmg too!)
- clone on-death traits
- two stuns (Magic Bullet and SoD)
- traveller runes for speed and that +10% condi duration to make sharper images bleeds last 6s, also as a bonus makes boons last longer
- conditions are your biggest weakness, but you can try to reflect something like p/d thief’s stealth burst, engi grenades or ranger sb arrows to mitigate pressure from you. Also there is some room with rune and sigil changes (lyssa and generosity maybe?).

Thank you for reading, feedback is appreciated.

(edited by Smirgel.9460)

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Hi there, pretty cool build.
My 2cents: if you worry about conditions, swap Decoy out and use iDischanter.
Now the skill doesn’t work with IE but still very good at remove condi and rip boons, especially when u have iCelerity traited.
The issue with using iDischanter is long cast time, so u need to look out for interrupt, other than that, its an amazing skill.
You lose 1 stunbreak ofc but with so many invulnerabilities you shouldn’t get CC in the first place. So for me Sig of Midnight is more than enough.

Nevertheless, it looks like a fun build, i might give it a try

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Necro’s are gonna one shot you :P
But it will be solid for soloq and win most 1v1 matchups.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Several issues here.

The most glaring one, of course, is your total lack of condition removal. Your access to invuln/reflect is inconsequential. It only lasts one second and so is pretty much completely useless against most condition classes. A standard condie anything will eat you; Mesmer, warrior, necro, engie, etc. You absolutely need condition removal. Shatter builds can sometimes get away with none, but they’re accepting the risk in return for massive bursting power, which you have none of.

Next, you’re using a celestial amulet. This is bad, and it’s bad for the standard reasons I’ve said so many times before. You have 0 capacity to stack might. No, IE on staff clones will not stack might. IE causes the clone WoC to bounce from you back to the enemy for an extra damage hit, it doesn’t provide an extra hit of boons. You’ll have no might.

So, having no might the celestial amulet leaves you with low condition damage and low power damage. You have pretty much ignorable offense, and even glassy builds will be able to kill you at their leisure. You’ve also got traveler runes instead of an actually useful rune set, and so that adds to the problem even more.

Other problems. Invuln on the signets is not half as useful as most people think it is. You have 3 signets. One is the heal signet.

By taking the heal signet, you’ve now substantially lowered your healing output. Additionally, you can’t really use that signet to avoid damage with invuln, because to do so would leave you without any form of healing for 30 seconds.

You also have the signet of domination. Now, the interesting thing about this one is that it stuns for 3s on activation. So if you land a 3 second stun, why are you in need of invulnerability? Additionally, the 1/4s cast time makes it difficult to use effectively for defense.

The signet of midnight is also a bit of a conundrum. If you’re using the invuln to avoid a hit, what do you need the stunbreak for?

Basically, the whole concept of invuln on these 3 signets makes no sense. You can’t use the heal for invuln due to losing your heal and the long cast time. Using the stun signet for invuln makes no sense because it stuns, and using the stunbreak (and blind) signet for invuln simply means you don’t need the other 2/3 of its functionality. This is why the invuln on signets trait is bad. It simply makes 0 sense.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Basically, the whole concept of invuln on these 3 signets makes no sense. You can’t use the heal for invuln due to losing your heal and the long cast time. Using the stun signet for invuln makes no sense because it stuns, and using the stunbreak (and blind) signet for invuln simply means you don’t need the other 2/3 of its functionality. This is why the invuln on signets trait is bad. It simply makes 0 sense.

Just a note on this comment – from watching countless play quite a bit on stream, he’s one who uses the rare signet invuln, condi cleanse traits and blurred inscriptions, but definitely makes it work. He rarely loses 1v1’s against good players. In larger fights, the signet invulns become invaluable and definitely increase survivability in my observations. The build doesn’t appeal to me, and I know the OP’s build is a bit different, but countless is an example of how playing a build using the invuln traits can work in the hands of a skillful player.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

Traveller runes are actually ones that increase your condition output the most (or atleast will come close, losing only to maybe nightmare runes) in this build and is pretty much the only logical choice for several reasons:
Conditions:
-Sharper images: +1 second of bleeding
- Illusionary counter: +1 second of torment
-Winds of Chaos: +1 second of bleeding
- Debilitating Dissipation: +1 second of bleeding
- Doom Sigil: +1 second of poison
- Increased confusion duration of several skills and traits

Boons:
- an extra second of vigor from critical infusion
- extra second of protection from chaos armor
- increased might duration (+1 second from WoD, +3 second if Battle sigil replaces one doom sigil)
…etc.

All of those durations add up and I didnt’ even list the obvious ones like:
- extra stats to precision, power, ferocity, healing power, vitality and toughness aswell
- permanent movement speed increase

That being said, I did replace decoy with mantra of resolve for the much needed condi removal. Have a good day.

(edited by Smirgel.9460)