So How do u feel Patch notes?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

And what’s the ramp up on those bleed stacks, and the probability that your illusions get wiped out by AoE in dungeons, especially high lv fractals?

There seem to be a lot of maybes with a condition build that do not exist for Berserker builds. And there is a reason why most people outside the necro and engineer do not stack conditions, because they are just comparatively inefficient.

It can’t just be a bias against using a staff over a sword that’s driving people to spec into burst builds — this has been a persistent problem since beta.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

And what’s the ramp up on those bleed stacks, and the probability that your illusions get wiped out by AoE in dungeons, especially high lv fractals?

There seem to be a lot of maybes with a condition build that do not exist for Berserker builds. And there is a reason why most people outside the necro and engineer do not stack conditions, because they are just comparatively inefficient.

It can’t just be a bias against using a staff over a sword that’s driving people to spec into burst builds — this has been a persistent problem since beta.

You can spam clones/illusions. You will always have some out so there will be perma 25 stacks of bleeds if you are throwin out illusions constantly. Mesmer cond build is great i wont lie about it. A 1v1 with a perc/cond/tough gear is hard to beat cus they out live you and kill you from tons of conditions. I havent yet been able to beat a cond build mesmer cus they can throw constant illusions and you can get lost in trying to find which one is real.

In pve you can constantly have clones/illusions as well. Even if mobs destroy em.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Astus.3508

Astus.3508

Maybe we’ve had different experiences, have you tried a condition build before? I played the berserker build at lvl 80 for about 2 months before I tried a condition build and I thought it was good too. Perhaps it is my playstyle, but I like the condition build better and I find it stronger and more versatile. I do admit it is more challenging to obtain the right equipment for it and I had to do the 15 points here and 25 there kind of thing. Unfortunately, you can’t craft precision/toughness/condition stuff and items don’t really exist that pair precision/vitality without giving you another stat that you don’t need in the build, like power. That being said, if the perfect combinations did exist, I think condition builds might be too OP.

Anyways, I wanted to write something that was quantifiable because I hadn’t really seen it in the forums before. In regards to dungeons and lvl 12 fractals, the build does very well and I can take down NPCs without difficulty because clones are nice to have up, but aren’t necessary. They can also be very effective when traited for conditions/boons on shatter in situations where you know they’ll get killed quickly. All in all, I like to make the most use out of clones, which you can pump out every couple of seconds via dodge/staff #2 and in a condition build, do incredible damage that is not negated by armor.

Fallentes [VS] – Sylvari Mesmer
Fallen Trees [VS] – Charr Warrior
(Anvil Rock)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief