So I made H.O.P.E. ...

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

And I don’t know why I expected any different, but of course the new projectile when casting Phantasmal Duelist isn’t affected.

Because why would anything ever be consistent? Ugh I’m way too annoyed right now, wish I had sold the completed weapon.

If anyone from ANet is reading this, can we at least get a fix for this any time… soon? Because it’s been a fairly long time now since that projectile was added, so um.. I seriously didn’t expect this to still be an issue, if it ever were. Plenty weeks to apply a fix since the change.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

This is entirely consistent. No legendary effect from any legendary weapon has ever appeared on any phantasm. While I wish it did, this isn’t some new and unexpected revelation. You only have yourself to blame for not doing even a cursory check on this mechanic.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Erm… Fay? I didn’t write about it not affecting the phantasm…

I am on about the new projectile which is shot on casting the skill. I was pretty certain it’d be affected, being an entirely normal projectile created by a weapon skill. As in, every other projectile on any class.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I am on about the new projectile which is shot on casting the skill. I was pretty certain it’d be affected, being an entirely normal projectile created by a weapon skill. As in, every other projectile on any class.

Ah, that’s different then. Do you know whether it functions with quip or if it’s a hope specific bug?

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That’s disappointing to hear that it doesn’t affect the new projectile attack when we summon the phantasm. Hopefully this wasn’t intended and was just overlooked.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Ah, that’s different then. Do you know whether it functions with quip or if it’s a hope specific bug?

I’d say I have a friend who can check but…dead game and all that. I doubt it works with quip though, I gather it’s been made as a new attack rather than reusing any.

Now that I think about it, do the projectiles from iWarlock cast become ravens or rainbows?

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

I’d say I have a friend who can check but…dead game and all that. I doubt it works with quip though, I gather it’s been made as a new attack rather than reusing any.

Now that I think about it, do the projectiles from iWarlock cast become ravens or rainbows?

No both quip and bifrost.
No sound/projectile animation.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

For the iWarlock it’s even more weird, because that genuinely shoots an already existing attack. Which is affected, right? As in, Winds of Chaos turns to rainbows?

With the iDuelist, as OriOri said it might be because that attack didn’t exist in the game yet, and I suspect they’ll have to manually code each attack’s implementation of the legendary effects. But with iWarlock, how can that possible not work out of the box? O.o

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Well if you remember their AMA for the balance patch where these changes were implemented, all they said over and over was “We didn’t have time.”

So I’d guess that legendary effects to projectiles and whatnot have to be manually applied to each attack, and that just fell into the “don’t have time” group, unfortunately.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

These attacks are probably new attacks, ANet has a history of missing flags from new things that prevent other interactions. It’s sort of how some new ascended items won’t work in the forge because the relevant flag was missed.

Indeed the iWarlock is meant to shoot winds of chaos at 3 targets no? That’s not how the default winds of chaos works so does sound like it’s a new attack.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Yeah true, I just assumed it actually just casts a normal Winds at 3 targets nearby, as if I did that with the #1 skill. But you’re right, it’s probably a new effect which happens to share the effect and graphics, but otherwise has to be treated differently.

Fun stuff. Ah well, here’s to hoping they’ll fix it, already reported it with a screenshot and all. We need WP to make a video about this, it’d be fixed in hours.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

It’s a feature.

So I made H.O.P.E. ...

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Yeah true, I just assumed it actually just casts a normal Winds at 3 targets nearby, as if I did that with the #1 skill. But you’re right, it’s probably a new effect which happens to share the effect and graphics, but otherwise has to be treated differently.

Fun stuff. Ah well, here’s to hoping they’ll fix it, already reported it with a screenshot and all. We need WP to make a video about this, it’d be fixed in hours.

Yes, all we can do is H.O.P.E. for a swift fix.

I’ll let myself out.