So what do you think about condi mes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Since bunk mes is getting tanked, the huge thief buff, and the multiple buffs to condi mes, do you think condi mes could replace power? I thought it a possibility since the sustain on power mes might not be able to keep up with everyone else. I dont play mes that often so I would like to hear from some of you.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

IMHO condi mes is going to be little bit hybrid (need some precision) unless you sit in your scepter set all the time.

Condi weapons:
Scepter
Torch
Staff (only the auto attack ; the phantasm is based on power)

You’re probably going to want a Sinister Scepter and Viper Staff and use Illusions + Dueling Trait line:
Illusionary Retribution = Shatter skills inflict confusion on hit.
Master of Misdirection = Confusion you inflict lasts longer. Reduces recharge of shatter skills.
Malicious Sorcery = Increases attack speed while wielding a scepter. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.
Sharper Images = Illusions inflict bleeding on critical hits.
Mistrust = Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion in an area around them.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Scepter is a pretty hybrid weapon. Malicious sorcery buff may be small, but I’ll def give it a go next week.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I’m going to try a hybrid with Scepter/Torch & GS

With mercenary amulet. And then also try out viper’s amulet.

I really don’t like staff for anything other than kiting on certain maps. So I’m kind of hoping I can get greatsword incorporated for a bit of extra burst.

I don’t think it’ll replace power. I don’t think it’s as strong as power mes…

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in Mesmer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I’m going to try a hybrid with Scepter/Torch & GS

With mercenary amulet. And then also try out viper’s amulet.

I really don’t like staff for anything other than kiting on certain maps. So I’m kind of hoping I can get greatsword incorporated for a bit of extra burst.

I don’t think it’ll replace power. I don’t think it’s as strong as power mes…

Niekas has a thread floating around here somewhere on his scepter/sh + GS viper build. It’s worth checking out. The shield really makes the build shine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

multiple buffs to condi mes? So far I only saw the slight increase of malicious sorcery. Did I miss something else? Or do you mean the new amulets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The buffs we know about are the 5% buff and some additional unspecified buff to scepter.

Overall, my thoughts on condie mes are that DS eles will make you cry (yes, even if you build vipers), and reapers will mop the floor with you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

It’s hard to speculate. The 5% buff doesn’t really excite me though. I’m more nervous about them over-nerfing their changes after a week of people complaining. This will be the 100th time it has happened to condi Mes.

I’ve seen much personal success with Carrion chrono condi shatter. I assume the new Mercenary Amulet will replace it as the most effective one to use with condi shatter from my POV.

I’m not particularly a fan of the squishier amulets or the ones with no power stat whatsoever. I find that you don’t really need the precision unless you’re going Dueling but then in my head, how can a build really work without ONE of Chaos/Inspiration in this meta?! We’ll see though… the meta is changing at an alarming rate.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I think condie or power, you will need to rely a lot on portal and moa/gravity well anyway.

Going condie also means you will be even more worthless in a teamfight. But you can be a stronger side-point contester.

With that in mind, I feel the inspiration line will be a must for condie mesmer and you have to give up dueling. This way, you may have enough sustain to win most 1v1s and survive larger fights.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

The only buffs we know about so far seem to be minor buffs to scepter.

As I don’t use or care about Scepter in my condi builds, nothing will really change for me unless
- MtD gets a +50% damage to moving targets buff
- iMage gets a huge buff
- Prestige does more burning stacks
- Staff AA does more/longer burn
- iWarlock gets an additional condi effect(s) as well as the raw damage

But either way I believe Carrion or Mercenary will be the way to go if not taking Duelling (no Sharper Images).