Soiling My Mesmer

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

Now with everyone running rabid/dire gear, and having 1.6-1.8k toughness, I now feel running full berserker shatter is nowhere near rewarding even with the iLeap fix. Instead of soiling my mesmer with condition damage, or some other overpowered build i’m switching to necromancer where running condition damage feels right. Anyone else hate conditions on their mesmer or am I being over sensitive?

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

I hate conditions too and i wont change to condition mesmer neither. Shatter is just so much fun to play. When i will meet a condi mesmer i will just /laugh and walk away (even if i could kill them).

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

DoomKnightMax.6592

Before, it was easy to walk away from a condition mesmer, now when you walk away you’ll die because of torment. Its hard to escape.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

I wont even engage them…

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I just think well now that scepter is faceroll I might as well ride till scepter gets destroyed again…

Seriously!! Did they not learn from confusion on AA????

Devona’s Rest

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hardie.7920

Hardie.7920

i just read the patchnotes and was surprised that the clone aa also applies torment:
Ether Bolt:

This skill now inflicts 2 seconds of torment on hit. This change also affects mesmer scepter clones that use Ether Bolt.

at last thats how i read it.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Now with everyone running rabid/dire gear, and having 1.6-1.8k toughness, I now feel running full berserker shatter is nowhere near rewarding even with the iLeap fix. Instead of soiling my mesmer with condition damage, or some other overpowered build i’m switching to necromancer where running condition damage feels right. Anyone else hate conditions on their mesmer or am I being over sensitive?

You’re being narrow minded and, unfortunate to say, a scrub. You’ve created a construct in your mind about how Mesmer should be, how it should be played, what’s “good, right, true, best, whatever”. If you’d like to see a shining example of this sort of poor gamesmanship, see Helseth’s rant on his feed pre-patch about the Mesmer readyup.

You are the only thing holding you back.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

blakdoxa.7520

You’re being narrow minded and, unfortunate to say, a scrub. You’ve created a construct in your mind about how Mesmer should be, how it should be played, what’s “good, right, true, best, whatever”. If you’d like to see a shining example of this sort of poor gamesmanship, see Helseth’s rant on his feed pre-patch about the Mesmer readyup.

Yes because he’s refuses to play the meta therefore he is a scrub.

To create such a complex post to bash the op. Amazing. The op is saying that he doesn’t want to play condition like many other mesmers out there and yet your deride him for what?

#ThingsYouHateSeeingOtherMesmerDo

Devona’s Rest

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Some of us like using a staff…why is that so wrong? They are pushing this profession into being a condi user…we have to accept and embrace their new vision or find a new profession to play. I don’t enjoy being called a ‘cancer’ or bad for the game because I like my staff, I don’t play with PU and never have. Don’t assume all of us run PU. Sure the new torment is a little excessive, but you can really only manage 5-6 stacks without investing into condi duration (as the scepter over writes existing clones, you have to restart the chain…and you can interrupt the stacking process by creating more). You can play your shatter and still be a mesmer just as someone using a staff/scepter condi focus can still be one too. I wish the mesmer community would stop hating on itself.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Please don’t put a tag and despise people who just want to try something new. To them the game isn’t just about meta and winning.

Sincerely
Someone who played shatter since he begins this game

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

blakdoxa.7520

Some of us like using a staff…why is that so wrong? They are pushing this profession into being a condi user…we have to accept and embrace their new vision or find a new profession to play. I don’t enjoy being called a ‘cancer’ or bad for the game because I like my staff, I don’t play with PU and never have. Don’t assume all of us run PU. Sure the new torment is a little excessive, but you can really only manage 5-6 stacks without investing into condi duration (as the scepter over writes existing clones, you have to restart the chain…and you can interrupt the stacking process by creating more). You can play your shatter and still be a mesmer just as someone using a staff/scepter condi focus can still be one too. I wish the mesmer community would stop hating on itself.

We are are supposed to have build diversity…. I don’t like the idea of becoming a necro #2…

Devona’s Rest

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes because he’s refuses to play the meta therefore he is a scrub.

To create such a complex post to bash the op. Amazing. The op is saying that he doesn’t want to play condition like many other mesmers out there and yet your deride him for what?

#ThingsYouHateSeeingOtherMesmerDo

You’ve overcomplicated it. You either play to win, or you’re playing to lose. This isnt a personal attack, it’s the fact of competitive play. Hell, he even exhibits it himself by saying he’s going to play condi but on a necro.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Not trying to be offensive, but I can’t think of another way in English to say this. You’re being narrow-minded about this.

If you don’t want to become a full condition build, run Rampagers. You’ll have permanent vigor and all Illusions will apply bleeds on top of whatever direction and/or condition damage they apply.

Additionally, you won’t be hard-countered by specs that largely nullify direct damage or condition damage because you leverage both.

When GW2 first came out, I made use of Rampager all the time to great success.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Honestly, like it or not, conditions are a part of being a Mesmer. It was back in Guild Wars as well, when hexes was our thing, and those being conditions too. Mesmer’s are very much a hybrid profession. We’re likely meant to deal damage through both physical attributes, but also through our conditions. It’s in everything we do, and by balancing between them, you will get stronger for it.

It’s perfectly alright to want to gravitate more towards the physical damage, but you can’t really escape the conditions. They’ll be there in practically everything you do. Trying to avoid them completely is almost like trying to avoid being a Mesmer.

I don’t think it feels any more right to play conditions on a Necromancer. But I wouldn’t focus all my energy on purely conditions as a Mesmer either. Just don’t forget that we were a condition class originally, it’s not like that’s going against our profession.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

blakdoxa.7520

Honestly, like it or not, conditions are a part of being a Mesmer. It was back in Guild Wars as well, when hexes was our thing, and those being conditions too. Mesmer’s are very much a hybrid profession. We’re likely meant to deal damage through both physical attributes, but also through our conditions. It’s in everything we do, and by balancing between them, you will get stronger for it.

It’s perfectly alright to want to gravitate more towards the physical damage, but you can’t really escape the conditions. They’ll be there in practically everything you do. Trying to avoid them completely is almost like trying to avoid being a Mesmer.

I don’t think it feels any more right to play conditions on a Necromancer. But I wouldn’t focus all my energy on purely conditions as a Mesmer either. Just don’t forget that we were a condition class originally, it’s not like that’s going against our profession.

GW1 definitely implemented it better…. I’d rather have our profession mech be hexes and interrupts over illusions and shatters.

Devona’s Rest

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

I played a condi mesmer for around 1.5 years, from day 1.

How should I feel about this? How did I feel when some time ago, I had to swap to zerk shatter because condi just wasn’t rewarding, due to nerfs? Feels like justice to me.

You either deal with it or cry in your corner.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Now, Ramiel … we’re not going to get more condi-mesmers that way.
(Screwball part is, I can’t say I disagree with what you’ve said, just how it was said.)

As for the OP, you run Mesmer because you like the style of Mesmer. With that said, if you want to minimize your use of conditions, there’s always zerk shatter or phantasm. Hell, interrupt/lockdown can also be run as “direct” damage. Why go Necro, then?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

It’s important to keep in mind ArenaNet tries different things to see what works best and what doesn’t. If they see the Mesmer become what they view as overpowered with any play style, they’ll change it because it’s one of the least popular professions and the rest of the community won’t take being consistently beaten by a class they don’t understand. So be patient; in no time we’ll be just as weak as we were before the patch and we’ll be back to complaining about the heavy classes again.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

DoomKnightMax.6592

Anet needs to learn about equilibrium, until then i’ll roll a guardian or necro. Which ever I like better. I refuse to use anything other than power shatter, and until that build/play style crawls back out of the gutters my mesmer can collect dust.

Yes, I know i’m doing this 100% fully out of anger, and out of the lack of will to adjust to the new meta. It’s just too hard for me. Its past my personal limits.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I refuse to use anything other than power shatter

Wowzers. That’s one strict playing style you’ve got there.

Yes, I know i’m doing this 100% fully out of anger, and out of the lack of will to adjust to the new meta. It’s just too hard for me. Its past my personal limits.

Good, I’m glad you recognize this. That being said, you have less than 0 room to complain about pretty much anything if you refuse to even entertain the idea of playing anything other than 4/4/0/0/6 zerker shatter.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

I personal dislike condi on a Mesmer. It feels passive and doesn’t engage me.
I’ll continue to play shatter, but 100% understand people going condi mes after testing. Is one hell of a strong side point build.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I personal dislike condi on a Mesmer. It feels passive and doesn’t engage me.
I’ll continue to play shatter, but 100% understand people going condi mes after testing. Is one hell of a strong side point build.

I feel you, I was in the same boat until I found myself a CI condi build mixing with Interrupt for might-stacking and more movement control on enemies. Definitely more fun to play while also very effective.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

There are no overpowered builds in the personal sense. If it’s stronger for the specific thing you’re doing, do you want to lose? If not, why not bring full power?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Focus + Enemy + Cliff = endless amusement. Always will.

Traited Focus + Noob Ranger Spam = even more amusement … though makes me sad seeing them since I love my Ranger.

Killing someone with Auto-attack (self + clones) while just dodging any big hits = even more amusing … made better by being the biggest Norn Mesmer around … all you see is a big, well-dressed guy wearing purple/pink, lol. Occassionally butterflies. It inspires fear :-)

Seeing glass builds and doing a quick double shatter on them before they know what hit them = beautiful. For whatever reason, Mesmer is the only class I seem to be able to beat a good Thief with when I’m glassy.

Making illusions explode with lovely conditions is also fun … though confusion’s nerf from over a year ago still makes me a sad panda … dumbest nerf ever (people can’t stop pushing buttons for 3s or just cleanse … bah humbug).

Trivializing any PvE content where mobs use projectiles … lovely … you’re welcome other 4 people in my party … feel free to take a nap while I handle these projectiles for you. I got this.

Hiding in a keep or being chased around it until you lose people so that you can portal people in … even funnier when you go from being the smallest possible Asura Mesmer to being the biggest possible Norn Mesmer … and still succeeding.

Watching people waste a big hit on a clone (/cackle)

Using scepter AA to go over 3 illusions so that your illusions that you’re spawning next to your enemies are auto-popping to proc their on-death condition goodness.

In a game where people are running around in Armor with scary looking weapons of death … killing them while running in a Dress Suit while wielding a Fairy Princess Wand and a Flower.

Only things I dislike about my Mesmer …
… my illusions die to zergs … which are WvW meta …. but this is why focus + cliffs are my BFFs
… farming open world content … so jealous of flamethrowers, grenade kits, and guardian staff.

Mesmer has so many unique things that if you are stuck in only liking one thing, I’m surprised you stuck with Mesmer as that isn’t the most beautiful thing about the class.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

(edited by Sebrent.3625)

Soiling My Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Focus + Enemy + Cliff = endless amusement. Always will.

Traited Focus + Noob Ranger Spam = even more amusement … though makes me sad seeing them since I love my Ranger.

Killing someone with Auto-attack (self + clones) while just dodging any big hits = even more amusing … made better by being the biggest Norn Mesmer around … all you see is a big, well-dressed guy wearing purple/pink, lol. Occassionally butterflies. It inspires fear :-)

Seeing glass builds and doing a quick double shatter on them before they know what hit them = beautiful. For whatever reason, Mesmer is the only class I seem to be able to beat a good Thief with when I’m glassy.

Making illusions explode with lovely conditions is also fun … though confusion’s nerf from over a year ago still makes me a sad panda … dumbest nerf ever (people can’t stop pushing buttons for 3s or just cleanse … bah humbug).

Trivializing any PvE content where mobs use projectiles … lovely … you’re welcome other 4 people in my party … feel free to take a nap while I handle these projectiles for you. I got this.

Hiding in a keep or being chased around it until you lose people so that you can portal people in … even funnier when you go from being the smallest possible Asura Mesmer to being the biggest possible Norn Mesmer … and still succeeding.

Watching people waste a big hit on a clone (/cackle)

Using scepter AA to go over 3 illusions so that your illusions that you’re spawning next to your enemies are auto-popping to proc their on-death condition goodness.

In a game where people are running around in Armor with scary looking weapons of death … killing them while running in a Dress Suit while wielding a Fairy Princess Wand and a Flower.

Only things I dislike about my Mesmer …
… my illusions die to zergs … which are WvW meta …. but this is why focus + cliffs are my BFFs
… farming open world content … so jealous of flamethrowers, grenade kits, and guardian staff.

Mesmer has so many unique things that if you are stuck in only liking one thing, I’m surprised you stuck with Mesmer as that isn’t the most beautiful thing about the class.

+1 to all of this…this profession has so much going for it in terms of playability. I don’t find myself doing the same old rotation over and over and over…and the other weapon sets HAVE a purpose and a use. It’s a not one trick pony profession (unless the player chooses it to be), where you know you can expect it to be carrying the same weapon skills. Also…butterflies, who does’t enjoy the kitten butterflies!

(edited by rabidsmiles.5926)