Solo leveling build?

Solo leveling build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

So, I am having so much fun on my Mesmer, but I find it challenging sometimes to be leveling on my own as I am so squishy.

I have traits unlocked, but I really don’t know where to begin.

So far, I’ve enjoyed playing with a Staff and a Greatsword. Have not tried much else.

Any advice you can give me? When I try to look for an answer for this I find more end game theories related to dungeons and WvW. I’m not quite there yet. :P

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

Solo leveling build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Solo leveling build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

Very helpful!

I am just not sure where I should start with points. I’ve got 7 in total, so do I max one line first, or do I max 5 points into the first main skill and then move to a different line?

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

Solo leveling build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

You would definately want to go 5 points into illusions first to get illusionists celerity for cooldown reduction on summoning illusions. Then 5 into duelling for critical infusion so you can dodge more and your survivalbility will no longer be a problem. After that it’s pretty much your preference. Extra mindwrack damage from domination is great as well as greatsword cooldown trait, you can make mainhand sword viable by taking Blade training early for just 5 more points in duelling, Chaos for some defense and staff cooldown trait, etc etc.

Don’t worry about builds too much in the lower levels where mobs aren’t too hard to deal with. Rather, experiment with all the weapons and see what you like. =) Even scepter is quite good early on with a nice burst from 3 and paired with offhand sword you get a decent phantasm and 2 blocks for great survivability and damage + clone generation until you get deceptive evasion later on.