SoloQ top 1000 mesmer montage video

in Mesmer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Hi guys here is some footage of me playing in SoloQ on my mesmer.
The idea of this build is to use minimal stealth and hold capped points enjoy while still being able to kill any opponents that may come my way I used this build to get to the 200ish rank on the LB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8Y7pvQQuA

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Neat, what’s the build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

Nice video. I’ve been trying to run scepter/sword in a semi-bunker build in sPvP as well. Do you have any tips on fighting other mesmers and decap engi’s using those weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

Very tanky, and solid damage. Nice one.

Please, post the link to the build

TY

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I’d like to ask you, what does this build achieve over any other build that would benefit us in PvP? The majority of the fights were under 1vs1 circumstances in which a standard shatter build would help you kill them far quicker. You died in the 1vs2 and rallied due to a team-mate helping you, and while I understand this is a team game, you didn’t hold the point.

I also feel it lacks the same support that a shatter build would provide. Not saying it’s a bad build but it relies on having phantasms kill your opponent while you block, which for new Mesmers isn’t necessarily a good thing to pick up on.

Cheers for making a video though, always enjoy seeing them.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Obviously I’m not the OP, but I enjoy trying to guess builds, so I’m pretty sure this is it, or very close:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArcWlknpRtlqxMNcrRSpxYycO6cXRqAK7JlD-TZRHwAFeCAc2fAwhAQwJA4YZAA

It’s pretty much your basic clone on death build but spec’d into inspiration for phantasmal healing instead of illusions for iCelerity.

Celestial amulet is very strong right in pvp now as of the feature patch, and yes in some specific cases it can be even for mesmer. I’ve been using it myself since the patch. 203 healing/sec from the healing power it gives is nice in a build that does decent damage.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

vincecontix.1264

Hi guys sorry not responding earlier been bit busy. Lots have ask for the build I have added it the vid description.

Note this build is for soloQ I would not recommend it for teamQ

Isle of Janthir

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Oops, screwed up blade training (duh)/crippling dissipation. I think I got everything else though.

As for malicious sorcery, your recharges indicate you’re not running it (at least in your video).

in Mesmer

vincecontix.1264

Oops, screwed up blade training (duh)/crippling dissipation. I think I got everything else though.

As for malicious sorcery, your recharges indicate you’re not running it (at least in your video).

Yea my bad I didnt fully remember the build, I play so many builds on so many classes.
I played around with it today and not much reason to not run Malicious sorcery but thanks for point it out. I might of ran Illusionary Retribution but I think Malicious sorcery is a better choice unless you are going to shatter alot.

Isle of Janthir

in Mesmer

Posted by: excelsior.2168

excelsior.2168

Great video! Plan on using it on my mes when I dust him off. And question. Why wouldn’t this work on tpvp? Just curious.

Excelsior Longfello-Human Mesmer [OMFG]
Woodshavings-Sylvari Ranger [WIND]

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Yea my bad I didnt fully remember the build, I play so many builds on so many classes.
I played around with it today and not much reason to not run Malicious sorcery but thanks for point it out. I might of ran Illusionary Retribution but I think Malicious sorcery is a better choice unless you are going to shatter alot.

Even so, I’m positive you were running at least some points in domination for part of the video as evidenced by multiple illusion of vulnerability trait procs (domination) . Maybe that’s where you put the extra trait point.

A couple other thoughts on the build:

• Malicious sorcery is bugged when it comes to reducing recharges of illusionary counter, which is one of the main reasons to take it. The +200 condition damage is admittedly nice and you get a reduced CD on confusing images – but that isn’t too noticeable.
  • Alternative: Confusion isn’t hitting very hard due to lower overall condition damage. Maybe you could go 0/4/4/3/3. You have to do without blade training and confusing combatants, but gain IC which lowers the recharge of illusionary counter. The only thing you’d miss at that point is the lower recharge on blurred frenzy. In return you gain all those illusion CD’s (dat 6s phase retreat), plus 150 condition damage. Your clone output would be huge which = lots of DD fodder.

I’m not convinced this option would be better on paper than what you have, just a brainstorm.

EDIT: Oops – I mentioned blurred frenzy up there but forgot you aren’t running MH sword. So with blade training only helping your OH skills, IC would be much better overall if you can give up confusing combatants and the extra precision/ferocity.

(edited by skcamow.3527)