Some mesmer help

Some mesmer help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daermoth.7369

Daermoth.7369

Hey guys I’m coming back to gw2 after 2 years and I need some help. Basically I’d love to know how does a mesmer do in all pve content, fractals, dungeons, raids etc. I have no interest in pvp, and I’d love to know if I’ll be forced to use one particular build in pve or is there some variety, and how fun is it to play a mesmer in the high end pve. Also one more question, what race looks best with a mesmer’s animations and for the armor combos.

Some mesmer help

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Erudite One.8693

The Erudite One.8693

I’m in the same situation after a 2 year mission with the LDS church. Would love to hear some tips on getting back into the game.

Some mesmer help

in Mesmer

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

I’m not a PvE player, but since there weren’t any replies i guess i can lighten up the situation.
Mesmer(chronomancer) currently has lowest DPS in pve, but it offers great buffs(alacrity and quickness). It is pretty sought after class for raids, since it is pretty hard to play when compared to other classes.
As for dungeons and fractals. In dungeons you can pretty much play any kind of build and do it. For lower level fractals build doesn’t matter, for higher level, i can not comment, since i never got very high.

As for general tips: Get chronomaner to be viable.

EDIT: You might want to ask on reedit, since it is more active than mesmer subforum.

Some mesmer help

in Mesmer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

If you play mostly solo, though, chronomancer is completely worthless.

Some mesmer help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

If you play mostly solo, though, chronomancer is completely worthless.

Well that’s just wrong.

Chrono provides mesmer with our only good sources of aoe damage. It also provides us with the 25% movement speed passive trait, allows us to do far more damage quickly by shattering/respawning phantasms, and provides us with strong personal alacrity to significantly lower all of our cooldowns.

Playing solo absolutely requires chronomancer to feel good.

Some mesmer help

in Mesmer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

To get that AOE damage, you have to stay in one spot, drawing your enemy into the damage field. So your mobility is shot.

Some mesmer help

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

To get that AOE damage, you have to stay in one spot, drawing your enemy into the damage field. So your mobility is shot.

Yes, if only mesmer had some kind of attack that does damage while evading attacks or something….

Some mesmer help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yes, if only mesmer had some kind of attack that does damage while evading attacks or something….

Or if only we had some way to pull enemies into a location…