Some more roaming fights [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Mostly outnumbered fights in wvw. Have fun

https://youtu.be/mM8sWYW96Oo

I put in a quick build overview, but this is the build if you’re interested.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQRAre7fn0nBFqhNqBmpBEgiFnjquQT0G9MAGgEDtx2nEA-T1xCQBT4hAUwTAo+zJ2fAAHBgEpEMLK/qn+hAAIAzsMLzyM4oH9oH9oHtZOzZOzZOzCBsYNA-w

in Mesmer

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Loved the video! Sent you a question on YouTube about your build.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Thx. The videos are just because I have fun playing, and I like to share. There are tons of mistakes in my play, and I share some of the failed fights too.

I think I answered all the questions on YouTube, but if you want to know anything else, just ask.

Have fun

in Mesmer

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

From your experience, what do you think is the hardest class/build to defeat? I play a Warrior as a main but was trying hard to make a viable D/D Ele as well. I have a Mesmer that I toy around with from time to time but I’m not much of a fan of the chrono builds.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

In general, it feels like condi chrono can beat pretty much any build 1v1. I have lost to really good berserkers (where I don’t manage stripping the resistance well and I get caught in a burst) and I have had really long fights with thieves where neither of us can down the other.

In terms of specifics versus professions these are the things that stand out to me:
- Warrior/berserker – need to strip the resistance with disenchanter, have to be a bit patient and then apply condis heavily
- Guardian/dragonhunter – always feels like the beginning of the fight is chewing through their big defenses, but then you just need to keep pressure on when they have exhausted the key defenses
- Thief/Daredevil – it feels like landing a stun with tides of time or gravity well is what usually wins the battle
- Ranger/druid – the ones that fight at range and kite can be annoying and some can be really good at using occasional stealth to break targeting, but they typically don’t have a ton of stun break and run out of condi clear
- Necro/reaper – biggest thing seems to be not to stay engaged when it’s not to your advantage, ideally apply condis and avoid any condi-return skill – later in the fight, they typically won’t have stunbreaks left
- Ele/Tempest – try to have shield ready for the lightning attack, try to have blink available when they disengage
- Revenant/herald – mostly seems to be about living through the first big skills (offensive and defensive), dodge the big attacks with obvious tells, don’t pour on damage when they use the damage to healing skill
- Engi/Scrapper – mostly seems to be about engaging when you want, don’t fight in the middle of fields/turrets, don’t count on stealth and feel free to cast bounce attack skills against gyros

I actually don’t know the specifics of most other classes very well because I’ve played mesmer for 95% of my time. There’s probably a ton of other stuff I should know, but generally condi chrono feels like it should win a 1v1 in wvw versus another player with equal skill.