Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Mimic 1
Interrupt your enemy. Mimic will turn into the interrupted skill for 20s(CD triggers after the 20s).
Casttime: 0s
Cooldown: 25s

• Daze: 1s
  • Mimic: 20s
  • Range: 900

Mimic 2
While Mimic is active you store all incoming damage (and you also take the dmg). After that mimic turns into Echo which will deal all that damage to a single foe.
Casttime: 1s
Cooldown: kitten

• Mimic2: 4s

Mimic 3
Phantasm. Mimic is a phantasm that looks like your foe (well, nice pink ’n stuff) and has access to all of his weaponskills except AA.
Cooldown: 30s

• Range: 1200

Mimic 4
Placeholder for further Ideas
Casttime: s
Cooldown: s

• Placeholder
  • Placeholder
  • Placeholder
Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

(edited by Me Games Ma.8426)

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Mimic 4
Absorbs all incoming projectiles within it’s duration. On the use of Echo, you release all the projectiles onto a single target.
Casttime: 4s
Cooldown: 35s

-Range: 600
-Damage for a single projectile is whole. Damage for more than one projectile will be halved(1=1, 1+1=1, 1+1+1=1.5, and so on).

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Some of these are actually pretty good ideas, but i prefer mimic the way it is right now.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I like the storing all damage to be redirected in one spike to your target.

Would like to keep the current visual effect whatever happens – that’s the best thing about it – one of the best looking casting animations IMO.

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Some of these are actually pretty good ideas, but i prefer mimic the way it is right now.

How do you use it? I can imagine some situations where I can use it but I’d never take it because it’s too situational. Never used it in WvW/PvP effectively.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jambas.6204

Jambas.6204

I would like something like:

Mimic :

While Mimic is active you store all incoming damage as power.
Echo Release accumulated power which will do a 360 AOE Push.

Cast time:
– Mimic 3 sec
– Echo 1 sec
Cooldown: 30 sec
Knockback : 300
Range:
50 – If the power accumulated between 0 and 1k
100 – If power [1 k – 2k ]
150 – If power [2 k – 3k ]
200 – If power > – 3k

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

Mimic 4
Absorbs all incoming projectiles within it’s duration. On the use of Echo, you release all the projectiles onto a single target.
Casttime: 4s
Cooldown: 35s

-Range: 600
-Damage for a single projectile is whole. Damage for more than one projectile will be halved(1=1, 1+1=1, 1+1+1=1.5, and so on).

That would create too much of a sniper class in wvw when zerging since as soon as you release your mimic you just pop distortion and blink away :p

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

No it wouldn’t. It would just become an ability that isn’t as useless as it is right now. Mimic is too specific. You absorb everything but the first hit and after it you also block. 4 sec. The echo is a terrible thing, it’s nothing more than reflecting one projectile but you take damage first … Gnah…

I would also like to see Mimic like this:

Reflects 100% of the damage for 2 sec, no casttime (castable whenever you want, visual effect for enemies), projectiles and normal hits.

Not better than a feedback, just less dura but for melee too. I’d like that tbh.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I agree with Xyonon. The Echo portion is too limited and weak.

Defensively, it works well against, say, a ranger’s Rapid Fire, but the Echo is abysmal.

For returning any decently hard-hitting attack, it means you have to eat it first, which is terrible. Mimic a warrior’s Kill Shot (why he’s using it, don’t ask) and you eat a massive shot, hopefully not enough to down you, just so you can return it. Or you choose to Mimic a Kill Shot, get hit by some thief’s bouncing shortbow or something, and end up Mimicing a crappy skill but block the Kill Shot. I can’t even decide which is better, cuz neither is ideal.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

Mimic 1
Interrupt your enemy. Mimic will turn into the interrupted skill for 20s(CD triggers after the 20s).
Casttime: 0s
Cooldown: 25s

• Daze: 1s
  • Mimic: 20s

Mimic 2
While Mimic is active you store all incoming damage (and you also take the dmg). After that mimic turns into Echo which will deal all that damage to a single foe.
Cooldown: kitten

• Mimic2: 4s

Love both of these ideas. I’m sure there might be some grotesquely OP implications in PvE, but anything that adds new flavour to control/interrupt builds is right up my street. And both of them lend themselves to that ‘stop hitting yourself’ approach I’ve always felt suited the Mesmer best

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Mimic will be okay if devs fix it according their own skill description.
Absorb any projectile attack (including stun\knockbacks) and give it to mesmer. Nothing else is needed. No 4s of block nor storing incoming damage. Though I like first op suggestion.

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

I like mimic 3. You could change it to
Mimic has your enemy skills. Every move your enemy does it copies it back at your enemy, if enemy does nothing mimic attacks with skill one of your enemy attack.

Last 5s

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I wish echo is some sort of area damage, with animation that resembles the burst of light from the boss in hammer fractal. Would’ve been much cooler skill to have regardless of its use lol.

Anyway I like your mimic 3, but I thought mimic is more of a defensive skill. Maybe a clone that follows your every move? So when you walk left, it walk left, staying about 300 range from you. When you summon phantasm it also does the animation but no real effect. Could actually make that clone really distracting/mesmerizing but hey, clones die easily. Although with the current AI system it could be hard to generate such effect.

Some 'new' Mimic Ideas:

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

I’m not really crazy about #2 or #3.

1. is bascially just an insta-kill button that requires no skill. I don’t think anyone should have that. Eating the damage first also makes it likely that you’ll just fail and die instead.
  1. sounds fun, but I really really don’t trust illusions to have more than 1 attack. There are way more illusion-related bugs than I care to think about, and this sounds like a buggy balance nightmare.

Something I would really like to see however is Echo getting the skill icon of the attack you absorbed. As it stands, I usually don’t have any idea what it is I’m doing when using Echo.