Spoiled by Mirage

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I can’t have any fun in pvp anymore going back to Chrono. I played mirage the entirety of the beta weekend and it was the most fun I’ve had in pvp. Now i’m going to be bored AF until the expansion launches because I can’t do chrono anymore after having a taste of mirage.

Mirage has it’s issues but it is the most compatible build for my playstyle.

Anyone else bored by the current elite specs after having played any of the newer ones in beta?

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Have you considered to change your naame to Fan Boi?
And yes we know you are one of the two people who enjoy the terrible mess Mirage is now no need to repeat it.
And no I do not miss Mirage in the current form at all. If something then playing Scourge/Firebrand was quite fun.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Hot Boy.7138

lol Fan Boi.

Scourge was good. I didn’t try it myself, but I did fight a lot of scourges.
My friends that all main necro are bored of current base necro and reaper after playing scourge. they all love it.

I don’t know anyone that mains guardian that would have been excited about firebrand. I did fight a coupe, but not a lot. but it doesnt excite me at all. I’m more into scholar classes than anything else.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yeah well, no. If anything I feel convinced I’ll just stick to Chrono or base Mesmer, because they are much more well thought out and play better than Mirage did.

If I wanted what Mirage provides now, I’d play Scrapper in PvE. Similarly broken setup.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I mean, I’ll probably play it in PvE but that’s because open world is a honey badger.

Who knows, I might switch back to core Mes because Power Mes is pretty stronk in PvE atm. It just depends on how fresh I want the new content to be.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Bored? No, especially the changes to core Mesmer make switching between raid chrono and power mesmer for open world stuff very fun.

Not sure yet how much Mirage I’ll be playing come PoF. Depends mostly on how many changes and clunkiness fixes arenanet puts in before PoFs release. I’ll probably give it a shot in open world but switch back to either chrono or core mes very fast if it’s similar to the state it’s in now.

I don’t know anyone that mains guardian that would have been excited about firebrand. I did fight a coupe, but not a lot. but it doesnt excite me at all. I’m more into scholar classes than anything else.

You must know some pretty bad guardian mains. The most I’ve talked to are stocked about 1 button perma quickness and Firebrands damage potential for pve.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

Hot Boy sounds like a Fan Boy at this point.

Mirage DPS HYPE

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy sounds like a Fan Boy at this point.

At this point, I really am. I’m hyped for mirage. I’m definitely a fan. No denying it.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

While I can’t deny playing chrono is easier and more effective, I am also taken by Mirage such that I don’t really want to play Chrono for the next month.

While Mirage was more fragile and clunky, I enjoyed the playstyle more, especially being able to use some of my favourite traits (Evasive Mirror <3, Master of Manipulation for good reflect uptime) and I was enjoying Axe a lot (despite the horrible Imaginary Axes sound effect). Staff also feels weird now without the Chaos Vortex ambush animation.

So currently I’ve decided not to do any pvp or wvw on chrono and instead spend the next month completing The Mechanism so I can have Astralaria finished before pof releases, and that’s all I’m going to do.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

So currently I’ve decided not to do any pvp or wvw on chrono and instead spend the next month completing The Mechanism so I can have Astralaria finished before pof releases, and that’s all I’m going to do.

I do get the feeling that we’ll see that axe a whole lot more in the next addon. My friend crafted it and yesterday I finally converted the very rest of my gold and mats into it.

First legendary that will be added is probably an axe. I just know it.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I have a similar problem. After playing Mirage I’ve lost interest in playing the game, Soulbeast is great fun and almost exactly what I wanted out of a Ranger Elite spec, Scourge and Firebrand seem pretty good too but Mirage is just so bad I just feel completly dissatisfied with the expansion and don’t see a point in playing the game anymore.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah ditto a little at least. What little I did use of Mirage, I did enjoy, and it also brought me back to a much more stealth-focused play, which I really enjoyed back in the PU Mesmer days.

SOOO!

Being bored I kinda thought since Mirage was mostly unfinished and kinda sucky as far as the Traits & Utilities went, I should be able to make a somewhat similar build with the recent improvements to base Mesmer.

What I came up with turned out to really great so far, and I’m having a blast with a 2017 PU Mesmer:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfWlknhK0YRawMNwtGLvGU5E6dwNTxMGBaAy5zB-TJRHAB/v/AAPBAmPFAIVGAA

With dual Chaos Storm you can get a pretty good amount of Protection to make that 25k HPs fairly tanky, and of course 3xAE interrupts (along with AE Diversion). Although Clone generation is definitely not as good as I’d wish, you’re far less dependant on Clones than before thanks to Blinding Dissipation working along with Ineptitude. That and the Torch Burn burst gives you a pretty decent sustained condie damage output, and of course your MWs will generally have a 49% chance to crit with decent Power so it’s almost kinda hybrid.

I decided on the Midnight Sigil despite the lower Stealth duration and lack of Clone vs. Decoy, because the 360 radius AE Blind that applies 2x Confusion. (and ofc the 20% duration and -2s CD are nice bonuses as well)

Condie spikes are generally no issue with MoR now clearing 3x time two, but I added swap sigils anyway just to have one more option. (TP adds one more.)

I decided on Lynx over Travelers, as the added Power is not wasted in this build thanks to the high Fury uptime and the +25% Crit chance on MW.

It plays like the old PU builds, very Thief-like. You’re very mobile, very slippery, but deliver solid damage (very nasty spikes too). Obviously point holding is not optimal with Stealth, but I have not had many issues with being a point assaulter in 1v1 or 1v2, and also doing well in bigger brawls. (Lots of de-targeting & AE Confusion/Torment/Burn.)

It plays more fluid and faster-paced than Chrono as well. I don’t miss CS at all, but sure due to the higher illusion generation of Chrono it can put out more consistent AE condition damage, as well as stay on point better thanks to Shield.

Spoiled by Mirage

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I didnt really like the condi mirage but i enjoyed power mirage. I dont really get how it plays exactly like base mesmer tho. I too think that the class needs some polishing but i see big potential in it.