Staff #1 way too slow

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Branskins.9752

Branskins.9752

Does anyone else feel this way? Often in WvW I can’t get enough attacks off with my staff #1 to tag enemies (this is when chaos storm is on cooldown). I often have to use my GS to tag people.

Would increasing the attack speed really make it too powerful or something? I love staff, but it just feels like #1 takes its sweet time

Wrecking Krew [Krew] – Borlis Pass

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Does anyone else feel this way? Often in WvW I can’t get enough attacks off with my staff #1 to tag enemies (this is when chaos storm is on cooldown). I often have to use my GS to tag people.

Would increasing the attack speed really make it too powerful or something? I love staff, but it just feels like #1 takes its sweet time

condition builds are not burst builds.

it would make the build too powerful if the attack speed is increased because there are less chances to dodge and boons are applied faster.

Really, the only weapons that needs a increase attack speed is scepter.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Casting speed no, projectile speed maybe. Most of all though I just want the Clone bugs fixed (5s instead of 7s Bleeding, no effect from +Duration) so Staff DPS can reach its full potential.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

The speed of the attack is fine. The actual speed of the bolt itself is a bit too slow. The staff sorta gets away with it because the bolts are fully homing. The problem is that this often results in the bolt chasing someone around, only to say out of range even if they stayed in range the whole time.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Remember that you can trait bouncing projectiles to bounce an extra time; this means at close quarters a staff can be traited to strike twice per shot – it might attack slow, but each shot hits twice potentially.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Go try Necromancer staff auto, get some real perspective. Mesmer staff auto is way faster, homing and it bounces.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Go try Necromancer staff auto, get some real perspective. Mesmer staff auto is way faster, homing and it bounces.

Comparing Mesmer Staff #1 and Necromancer Staff #1 is meaningless because Necromancer Staff #1 is very underpowered, so anything compared to it would seem “powerful” and in no need of a buff.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

condition builds are not burst builds.

it would make the build too powerful if the attack speed is increased because there are less chances to dodge and boons are applied faster.

Really, the only weapons that needs a increase attack speed is scepter.

Here is the big problem with the speed … if you go into stealth and then your projectile hits it removes you from stealth and gives you reveal debuff. Really bad on a bouncing attack too.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Solution: Don’t use staff to tag enemies.

Use staff for the things it excels at.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Way too slow and has a worthless 1 stack of vulnerability. The only two problems with this weapon.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

staff is far more effective at close ranges. It has a longer ranger mostly so that it can bounce effectively still at mid range.

If you are finding yourself in long range constantly, take the mesmer weapon that actually excels at it, the GS.

I carry both in my pack depending on what I need.

The speed is fine if you use it in the range its intended to be used at.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

Attack speed is fine, but projectile speed is way too slow.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: zing.6439

zing.6439

Attack speed is fine, but projectile speed is way too slow.

i think so too. considering the many things it does it really is a bit too slow.

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliesume.1687

Eliesume.1687

My story, was in WvW, trying to hit a ranger from behind, he didn’t see me. He was out of combat and had speed boost, just out ran my staff #1 attack without even trying. Lowest point of my mesmer career.

~Tarnished Coast~
80’s – Ele, Guard, Mes, Necro, Ranger, Thief, War

Staff #1 way too slow

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

Try Necromancer staff :p