Staff/GS Build anyone?

Staff/GS Build anyone?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

does anyone use a great greatsword and staff build, and what is your build? your utilities? I’m not sure how many topics on this but any advice would be appreciated.

I have been trying to maximize a build with both and would like some input. I have tried two or three builds using gs/staff and am kind of liking the one i currently i have. I am basically a pretty conservative mesmer build as of now but am still power>precision>toughness.

I am currenty all the way on chaos, and have traited for staff for all the toughness you get. I also traited to get greatsword training to get the power. So I am kind of sacrificing power and precision for toughness from the staff but in wvw or fractals find i don’t have to heal as much or even dodge when i am on staff. I just want to maximize damage on greatsword while still being durable in fights on staff if I need to be. At the same time I want to maximize phantasms so i assume that is power/precision and not condition for the iwarlock?

I also am wondering about utilities for maximizing this type of playstyle. I have currently been playing with signets for utilities and have all three utilities as signets. I know i am sacrificing some utilities but it is awesome in wvw. Basically i get the random boons, along with a prolonged duration on those boons and the ability to boon my allies or especially phantasms. I took signet of midnight just to get some extra condition damage. anyone?

Self Is The Emblem All

Staff/GS Build anyone?

in Mesmer

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

I use this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQJAWBIRMpo3QOUFwOSKatUrkCc7CB

Berserker Weapons with Sigils of Battle
Berserker Jewelry
Rampager’s Armor with Berserker Coat, Ruby Orbs

This is a pure glass cannon build with Greatsword and a defensive with Staff (Phase Retreat every 6 seconds is a literal life saver). Greatsword when safe, staff when in danger. I use this primarily for dungeons so my utilities I select usually depend on the content.

Staff/GS Build anyone?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cassiel.9431

Cassiel.9431

hi man, i use the Osicat shatter hybrid build
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Guide-WvWvW-Pve-Shatter-Cat/first,
As the staff and gs, in PVE i use GS(imo is a must) and Staff or S-F (is situationally) , in WvWvW staff and s-s.
hope that will help you

Death Scar-Mesmer, Light Scar-Ranger,Dark Scar-Ele ,Cassiel-Guard, Shadow Sçar-Thief
Guild : Drago Rosso – Server : Piken Square

Staff/GS Build anyone?

in Mesmer

Greyalis.2309

I use this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQJAWBIRMpo3QOUFwOSKatUrkCc7CB

Berserker Weapons with Sigils of Battle
Berserker Jewelry
Rampager’s Armor with Berserker Coat, Ruby Orbs

This is a pure glass cannon build with Greatsword and a defensive with Staff (Phase Retreat every 6 seconds is a literal life saver). Greatsword when safe, staff when in danger. I use this primarily for dungeons so my utilities I select usually depend on the content.

this build looks like a winner, thanks I will try it. it looks sort of like where I was going and has some stuff i like from last build—like dodge roll clones mainly. I like this as it gives a great escape—although I traded it i think for compounding power and speed.

also, if you haven’t, try using the signets inspiration and midnight in tandem. If you are in a group, you lose some utility but over all groups i have ran with are OP having the extended boons transferred to them after every cool down. To me, it’s almost easier than giving boons through your field utility skill, especially with staff if you stand in your own chaos field and stack the crap out of boons on people.

thanks man!

Self Is The Emblem All

Staff/GS Build anyone?

in Mesmer

Greyalis.2309

[quote=1309226;Cassiel.9431:]

Self Is The Emblem All