Staff and Condition

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

So today I was playing with staff in a dungeon, but something feels very wrong.
It was very hard to stack bleeding. Later I went to test the clone on mobs.
I found out that staff clone’s wind of chaos only do burning condition damage now.
I hope this is bug…. It made my condition gear set so worthless…

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Odd. My clones still randomly apply all 3 conditions.

Perhaps it’s a new bug when choosing a particular or certain set of traits?

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

How many tests do you do? Maybe you didn’t look at it for long enough: it is random after all.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I did this guide as ppl was unsure about benefits of TIME WARP to clones. It was filmed wery recent, clearly show clone conditions. Aslo did a wvwvw run this morning for some morning ganking and camp capping, saw al 3 conditions on enemys when my clones attacked.

I will thu as I not thought of it go test it some more today and If I do find out you are correct then I come back to you and admit I was wrong

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Mine cast bleed. I’m regularly able to stack 10-15 stacks with my clones. Do you have “any” condition duration or bleeding duration runes/sigils? Or condition duration from your build? Sharper Images trait is pretty much essential for maintaining high bleed stacks too.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Mine cast bleed. I’m regularly able to stack 10-15 stacks with my clones. Do you have “any” condition duration or bleeding duration runes/sigils? Or condition duration from your build? Sharper Images trait is pretty much essential for maintaining high bleed stacks too.

yeah same i usually have about 15 bleed stack with 3 staff clones and sharper images trait and around 45-50% crit chance

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Do you have “any” condition duration or bleeding duration runes/sigils?

Increased condition duration does not effect conditions handed out by Illusions.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

Do you have “any” condition duration or bleeding duration runes/sigils?

Increased condition duration does not effect conditions handed out by Illusions.

Yeah I misread initially what he was posting I had not had my morning coffee yet. Regardless they do apply bleeds.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

let’s assume for a second that your clones infact do not apply anything other than burn, how is that a bad thing?

the formula for bleed is the following:
your current lvl /2 + (0.05 * condition damage) + 2.5 per second per stack
so at 1000 condition damage, your bleeds will do 92.5 damage per second, that’s 5 seconds * 92.5 dmg = 462.5 damage over 5 seconds.

this is the formula for burning:
8 + (4 * Level) + (0.25 * Condition Damage) per second
at 1000 condition damage this means it does 578 damage over ONE SECOND.

to be honest, i’d be more than happy if my clones only applied burning.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

to be honest, i’d be more than happy if my clones only applied burning.

As long as you’re the only one applying it. Stack for burn prioritizes the highest damage burn first then tacks on time for the smaller burns i.e. those with less +condition damage so if the higher burn keeps getting refreshed you’re screwed you contribute 0 dmg from it. The entire condition stacking system needs to be trashed so everyone is contributing equally. Also on that subject all +damage % buffs and debuffs that some bosses get (esp. in fractals) do not apply to condition damage at all again favoring direct damage … bleh

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zileve.2089

Zileve.2089

Well, at least with burning your stacks don’t cease to exist unlike with max stack bleeding. It just waits on the previous durations to finish. On normal mobs that’s a problem, but odds are on veterans+ you’ll get your burning off. Depends on what you fight more often really.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

but odds are on veterans+ you’ll get your burning off.

The problem is it prioritizes the ones with the highest +condition damage even if yours is “next” it gets pushed back to the bottom of the queue by one with higher + damage associated with it so if there is someone always applying it(or reapplying)that has more damage yours will never burn essentially. In dungeons and small groups this “usually” isn’t as much of a problem but it does occur even in those scenarios.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zileve.2089

Zileve.2089

Who can apply that much constant burning though? Seeing as burning is very low duration and high damage. Fire elementalists and a bunch of guardians with more condition damage than a staff mesmer, which probably has high condition damage unless you’re using it as a shatter/defensive weapon, in which case does the burning proc matter -that- much?

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

the good thing about burn is it’s usually low duration, so you don’t really have to worry about it overwritten by someone else’s

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Burning is a very solid chunk of a full condition (read rabid gear) mesmer damage. I know the condition itself is not as imposing as omg-stacks of bleed and that the damage number gets lost in the flurry of bleed numbers, but don’t be confused.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

the good thing about burn is it’s usually low duration, so you don’t really have to worry about it overwritten by someone else’s

It’s true in a lot of cases but that doesn’t change the fact there is a pretty fatal design flaw there, elementalists can keep it up all be it not many go for pure + condition so there is little risk with them, engis can keep it up traited for burns on crits so can other mesmers and rarely if ever have it drop depending on condition duration+burning duration you can stack runes to get quite a lot not mention Rare Veggie Pizza is 40% extra duration by itself.

You will get your burning off a lot of the time but it blows when you run into the above.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: deltanium.7543

deltanium.7543

It’s true in a lot of cases but that doesn’t change the fact there is a pretty fatal design flaw there, elementalists can keep it up all be it not many go for pure + condition so there is little risk with them, engis can keep it up traited for burns on crits so can other mesmers and rarely if ever have it drop depending on condition duration+burning duration you can stack runes to get quite a lot not mention Rare Veggie Pizza is 40% extra duration by itself.

You will get your burning off a lot of the time but it blows when you run into the above.

Sad this does not applies to staff clones:
Illusions derive the following attributes directly from the mesmer: precision, power, condition damage, critical damage, armor, and healing. Illusions do not gain any benefit from the mesmer’s vitality, condition duration or boon duration. Additionally they are neither affected by the damage of the mesmer’s equipped weapon nor by any of the various non-stat effects of weapon sigils or armor runes.

Taken from the official wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusion

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

Yes unfortunately the duration from them isn’t carried over but with high amounts of +cond dmg it’s usually going to as soon as yours from staff drops. If the clones fire it off a lot in succession at least you’ll have several seconds of damage still there behind yours until it lands again.

Staff and Condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Additionally they are neither affected by the damage of the mesmer’s equipped weapon nor by any of the various non-stat effects of weapon sigils or armor runes.

Taken from the official wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusion

O_o pretty sure that is not 100% accurate tbh, had mobs get feared on several occansions when they hit one of my illusions while i was still wearing a full set of superior rune of nightmare