Staff clones applying fear?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yata.8932

Yata.8932

I think my staff clones are randomly applying fear when they cast winds of chaos… which if you don’t know only should apply burning, bleeding, and poison. Is this happening to anyone else?

Also, no, I am not wearing runes that inflict fear.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I have never had this happen or heard of it happening. Do you have the ability to get some video footage and post your complete build so we can get an idea of why this might be happening?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moaning Marv.2194

Moaning Marv.2194

I was wondering which clones were doing it, but yes i noticed it a few times today

Moaning (thief) Marvolo (mes) Mordaunt (necro)
Knights of the White Wolf
Sanctum of Rall

in Mesmer

Posted by: TIFour.1076

TIFour.1076

which if you don’t know only should apply burning, bleeding, and poison

Winds of Chaos applies Bleeding, Burning, and Vulnerability :-p

in Mesmer

Yata.8932

which if you don’t know only should apply burning, bleeding, and poison

Winds of Chaos applies Bleeding, Burning, and Vulnerability :-p

Right… oops XD But my point still stands!

in Mesmer

TIFour.1076

Indeed. However, I just went and tested it myself and I have killed five dudes so far with no with only Winds of Chaos and I did not see one fear effect :/

in Mesmer

Yata.8932

i am trying to get a screenie right now

in Mesmer

Yata.8932

There! almost missed it, it’s only a one second fear, and my attacks don’t seem to do this, only the clones. And it doesn’t seem to happen very often.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Stealth buff, eh? Surprising … that doesn’t happen much.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

TIFour.1076

It’s gotta be something else about your character. I have been playing since you mentioned this thread and I have not seen it once.

in Mesmer

Moaning Marv.2194

yep its def the staff clones, just tested it on a mob without attacking it myself.

Sanctum of Rall

in Mesmer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

How curious :p

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Do you have full nightmare runes?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Its probably when you attack low level mobs such as cows in queensdale. They don’t apply fear

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Moaning Marv.2194

wearing 4p perplex myself and attacking mobs in wvw, fear doesn’t happen on every single mob but its def happening.

Sanctum of Rall

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aquilus.9423

Aquilus.9423

Just got on my lvl 19 Mesmer and spawned 3 staff clones; killed over a dozen mobs and haven’t seen a single Fear proc. Could it be a bug with the 4-rune-bonus for the Rune of Perplexity incorrectly proccing Fear when our Clones attack rather than or in addition to the confusion that we apply on hit?

The Xaldin Edge [XE] ~ Sorrow’s Furnace

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

Just got on my lvl 19 Mesmer and spawned 3 staff clones; killed over a dozen mobs and haven’t seen a single Fear proc. Could it be a bug with the 4-rune-bonus for the Rune of Perplexity incorrectly proccing Fear when our Clones attack rather than or in addition to the confusion that we apply on hit?

I’ve been running Perplexity since the patch and I’ve yet to see Fear, so I doubt it’s the runes in a of themselves. However, it could be a combo of the runes and something else. Could those affected by this please post their builds?

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Ok, new question. You don’t appear to be wearing TA armor. Did you get your armor set fully from TA and then transmute it to something else +put in new runes?

in Mesmer

Yata.8932

Ok, new question. You don’t appear to be wearing TA armor. Did you get your armor set fully from TA and then transmute it to something else +put in new runes?

I’m wearing Whispers armor with TA stats and runes of the mesmer, but I transmuted it like a year ago lol and it’s not from me being hit. Also, it’s not a problem with the rune of perplexity, cause i don’t have those yet.

(edited by Yata.8932)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I’m wearing Whispers armor with TA stats and runes of the mesmer, but I transmuted it like a year ago lol and it’s not from me being hit. Also, it’s not a problem with the rune of perplexity, cause i don’t have those yet.

It might be that. We have a mesmer in our guild who transmuted/re-runed the CoE gear a loooooong time ago, and she still summons a golem every so often. It’s totally random.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

But isnt the nightmare runes fear when you get hit?

Can you try using different clones and see if they apply fear? I remember readif a thread months ago where illusions benefitted from items like menhlo’s coat, strange stuff xD.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Well, I can’t produce this bug.

We’ll need more infos to do so.

• Where have you spent your traits?
  • What Sigil have you equip on your staff?
  • Which runes?
EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I thought I was seeing things but as of recent I’ve been noticing that my staff clones are applying fear every so often as well.

I don’t have any runes that would apply fear on hit, crit, etc.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Quick delete this thread before Anet notices!!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Mesmer

TIFour.1076

Notices what? We do not even know what is causing the bug because it is not related to clones by themselves. Something else is causing it.

in Mesmer

Yata.8932

hmmm I just tried it with different armor, and it’s not proccing fear. Moaning Marv and Phokus, are you wearing Transmuted TA armor, or TA armor with different runes like I am? as a side note, while wearing my transmuted TA armor and using my 1h sword clones, fear does not seem to apply.

in Mesmer

Yata.8932

Well, I can’t produce this bug.

We’ll need more infos to do so.

• Where have you spent your traits?
  • What Sigil have you equip on your staff?
  • Which runes?

10/10/10/10/30
superior sigil of corruption
full runes of the mesmer

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Ahah, so here’s the deal. When you use an armor set that originally had runes come with it, like any of the dungeon sets, those runes seem to be somehow hardcoded into the armor. Your clones will get some of the bonuses of the original armor set, but not yourself. In this case, your clones are displaying the on-being-hit fear proc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Ahah, so here’s the deal. When you use an armor set that originally had runes come with it, like any of the dungeon sets, those runes seem to be somehow hardcoded into the armor. Your clones will get some of the bonuses of the original armor set, but not yourself. In this case, your clones are displaying the on-being-hit fear proc.

Eureka!

I cant wait for someone to prove you wrong.

Im actually really interested in knowing if this applies to all dungeon armor, and maybe <name>‘s armor aswell (like menlho’s coat).

I wonder if they give the stats from runes aswell… And what about other player summons proccing runes :O. (Ranger pet, minions, spirit weapons etc)

Some months ago there was a thread about phantasms creating golems :p.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Moaning Marv.2194

I am infact wearing trans’d TA armor, good catch guys lol.

Sanctum of Rall

in Mesmer

phokus.8934

I’m wearing WvW PVT armor (that don’t come with runes) and I’m able to get Fears off via clones.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Yata.8932

I’m wearing WvW PVT armor (that don’t come with runes) and I’m able to get Fears off via clones.

Now that is odd…

in Mesmer

phokus.8934

It’s rare when it goes off and I can’t really explain it.