Stealth Bug (Fix this ASAP)

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

As a Mesmer, I rely entirely on having clones up and using decoy to blend in to survive. But as of late, I’ve noticed a bug that needs to be fixed asap. Rangers pets, and other AI will not break aggro from you when entering stealth.

Now I don’t need to go into detail to explain how frustrating this can be in small group WvW situations. I don’t have much invis as a mesmer (well, arguably) but when i do use it, I don’t want to have everything instantly pick me out of a group as soon as I come out of invis.

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

It’s not a bug.

Pet/ Minion/Mob AI was buffed not too long ago so that they continue attacking as soon as stealth drops.

in Mesmer

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

So it’s an intended implementation?

Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

As a Mesmer, I rely entirely on having clones up and using decoy to blend in to survive. But as of late, I’ve noticed a bug that needs to be fixed asap. Rangers pets, and other AI will not break aggro from you when entering stealth.

Now I don’t need to go into detail to explain how frustrating this can be in small group WvW situations. I don’t have much invis as a mesmer (well, arguably) but when i do use it, I don’t want to have everything instantly pick me out of a group as soon as I come out of invis.

Are the pets attacking you while you’re in stealth or immediately after you exit stealth? If the latter, I can see that as intended.

Ever try using phantasms on a thief who has allies nearby? Same thing applies.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

The AI will switch from my clones directly to me, etc. I just thought that stealth broke aggro.

Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

The AI will switch from my clones directly to me, etc. I just thought that stealth broke aggro.

It used to, it no longer as of 1-2 patches ago.

Edit: And yes it was an intended change.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marius.8052

Marius.8052

If the pet is following you and you stealth, does it target something else? Or does it continue to follow u? If it doesn’t I think that’s more concerning.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Beside, ranger was still shooting me while invisible, no matter if i moved left or right, the arrows were still folowing me, like he still has me targeted. And pets should attack you again while you come out of stealth … not while you are stelthed. Fail mechanics are fail….

all is vain

in Mesmer

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

If the pet is following you and you stealth, does it target something else? Or does it continue to follow u? If it doesn’t I think that’s more concerning.

The pet will continue to attack my clones when I go into stealth, but then immediately target me, and run to me, as soon as I come out of stealth. I feel as if this is a little OP. Why bother with stealth if I’m going to be seen anyway?

Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: McNuggetBandit.8376

McNuggetBandit.8376

Beside, ranger was still shooting me while invisible, no matter if i moved left or right, the arrows were still folowing me, like he still has me targeted. And pets should attack you again while you come out of stealth … not while you are stelthed. Fail mechanics are fail….

If they are still channeling a skill liek Longbow #2 it will still hit you other skills after that will not (unless its ground targeted aoe etc)