Stealth + movespeed = invincible

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rainbowsand.2438

Rainbowsand.2438

Theres nothing you cant hide and run from if youre not an idiot.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

This thread definitely needs to exist. Definitely. For sure. There’s not a single chance that this thread existing is a bad thing.

Edit: At least you used the correct possessive form of ’you’re’, albeit missing an apostrophe. That’s actually more articulate than most of these posts are…

(edited by Fay.2357)

in Mesmer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

i’m quite tired of all these mesmer is OP threads.
they should ban all these threads.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

But no other profession class is able to both stealth and retain movespeed oneoneone111exclamationmark11eleven!!1!

in Mesmer

Rainbowsand.2438

Let me guess your main is mesmer?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Let me guess, your main is forum warrior?

Oh man, 4 posts down in forum history is advocating collision in wvw, my sides xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Don’t you mean “stealth + PU + movement speed”.

Because it’s only with PU that disengaging becomes trivial. If not traiting stealth then it’s easy to be caught by any competent player(s).

in Mesmer

Rainbowsand.2438

I adore your strategy duo of trolls upvoting each other. On HotS forums your kin is more organised tho, they run in huge packs able to dump 30 downvotes in five minutes.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I adore your strategy duo of trolls upvoting each other. On HotS forums your kin is more organised tho, they run in huge packs able to dump 30 downvotes in five minutes.

Upvotes? This isn’t reddit, that little +1 button doesn’t actually do anything.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lakedaimon.2803

Lakedaimon.2803

I lol’d hard. If it is overpowered to stealth and run away I must be wrong in playing that game. Its a shame, that mesmer must often stealth and run away especially in cappointfights in spvp. Since the last mechanical changes it is no more really possible to stay infight on the cappoint.

(edited by Lakedaimon.2803)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Stealth + Withdraw + Shadowstep + Infiltrator’s Arrow + Infiltrator’s Arrow + Infiltrator’s Arrow = God Mode?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

Stealth + Withdraw + Shadowstep + Infiltrator’s Arrow + Infiltrator’s Arrow + Infiltrator’s Arrow = God Mode?

You got it all wrong. Mesmer + Viability = God Mode. But don’t you worry, Anet is on it! Not without the support of our own mesmers in this very forum. Who without fail, time and time again, ask for more nerfs. God bless their souls.

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Oh come on! Stop blaiming the op. It is a perfectly unjust thing to dismiss his well explained and intellectually equipped ideas on the topic of mesmer profession and “it’s imbalance”. His sentence is full of metaphors, and you, blubbers can not comprehend the hidden meaning.

“Theres nothing you cant hide and run from if youre not an idiot.”

To understand it you must take the first and the fourth letter of the first word, than combine it with the second letter of the second word. Then after this you must cut of the head and the arms of the letter “f” two times, because he mentioned two thinds, speed and stealth, and get the letter “l” twice. Then you can see his metaphors behind his seemingly disorganized sentence. But you did not. Noobs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Oh cool I’ll buy some rune of the trappers then.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I’ll make a build specialized in running from fight while being stealthed, this will be the most OP build ever created, I can already see so much use to it…
*Going mid > Guardian : Stealth and flee
*Two people coming my way: Stealth and flee
*kitten, this warrior is coming to fight on the point I just capped: Stealth and flee
*OMFG This thief backstabbed : instant Stealth and flee
So very powerful, you cannot die once with it…
though you do not kill anyone either… or cap point… or help your teammates… or do anything useful whatsoever

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

But it’s so op, nobody can kill you since you’re op.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Things that are also OP:
Waypointing when you see an enemy.
Standing in the Citadel.
Standing in Lion’s Arch.
Not logging into the game.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Things that are also OP:

The art of fighting, without fighting.

:p

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

Things that are also OP:

The art of fighting, without fighting.

:p

You don’t lose 100% of the fights you don’t partake.

Not losing = winning.

You win by not playing fights.

Mesmer has stealth and movespeed. They can also log out.

Mesmer is invincible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

never met a thief before I’m guessing

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Well, today in WvW I ran into a condi mesmer running the usual traited torch, PU, traveller runes etc etc. Guy was annoying to catch, kept running to our yaks and murdering them before we could force him to run.

Was it annoying? Yes, no question about it.

Have thieves done this for almost 3 years? Yes and they were (still are) unparalleled.

We used to have a major problem with warriors doing it but the swiftness not affecting their 1001 movement skills clipped em substantially.

Starting to see more rangers with traps and condi burst though, they’re just as bad.

I am not looking forward to guard and trapper runes /cry.

TLDR: Change The Pledge!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I will never understand people that feel compelled to go into the game forum for another class/profession/etc and complain about it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I will never understand people that feel compelled to go into the game forum for another class/profession/etc and complain about it.

Well, I rather enjoy the people who come into the mesmer forum and act surprised to find people who main mesmer. Makes me laugh.

in Mesmer

Misguided.5139

Well, I rather enjoy the people who come into the mesmer forum and act surprised to find people who main mesmer. Makes me laugh.

Really? That seems…odd. I held off starting one for a long time, because I wasn’t sure I would like it (on paper, the shatter mechanic seems kind of fiddly) but I’ve been having a blast with it (still leveling up).

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Really? That seems…odd. I held off starting one for a long time, because I wasn’t sure I would like it (on paper, the shatter mechanic seems kind of fiddly) but I’ve been having a blast with it (still leveling up).

Well, for example, consider the OP:

Because of course it would be unusual for any particular poster in the mesmer forum to main a mesmer. The only sure way to tell, in fact, is if you find them defending the class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Oh man, 4 posts down in forum history is advocating collision in wvw, my sides xD

Seems like u are the forum keyboard warrior becuase i see u on every single thread people post up problems with mesmer and u are busy being salty “mesmers arent not op u are just noob”

Another Fay+1

in Mesmer

Posted by: rainpool.7189

rainpool.7189

Lol he mains necros

Kappa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

HotS? Honor or the Swaves? Heart of (the) Sorns? Heart of the Smists? Hwastes of the Silver?

Seems like u are the forum keyboard warrior becuase i see u on every single thread people post up problems with mesmer and u are busy being salty “mesmers arent not op u are just noob”

I’m sorry, but if you ever have a sliver of the ingame PvP experience Pyro does, you can come back and talk to him about being a forum warrior. He’s abrasive, but there’s very few players in this game who both know as much about the stuff they talk about and still talk about it (on the forums) as he does.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Misguided.5139

Because of course it would be unusual for any particular poster in the mesmer forum to main a mesmer. The only sure way to tell, in fact, is if you find them defending the class!

Well, it could be worse. If you spend any time in the Necromancer forums, you will likely conclude the only way to identify a necro main is they complain about the class :P

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Well, it could be worse. If you spend any time in the Necromancer forums, you will likely conclude the only way to identify a necro main is they complain about the class :P

Ah poor necros. It’s sad because it’s true.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Another Fay+1

It’s very easy to point fingers at everyone else here without looking at the ones being pointed back at you.

Mesmer wasn’t in a great spot and still isn’t in PvE. WvW it performs the same but now has better roaming potential due to longer stealth to disengage. PvP it’s no longer completely shut down by a competent thief but instead can hold its own like all others.

Besides Pyro is often very willing to help those who ask for it, you just have to start on the right foot asking for help rather than claiming something is OP without knowing much about it or bringing an elitist attitude.

in Mesmer

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

You got it all wrong. Mesmer + Viability = God Mode. But don’t you worry, Anet is on it! Not without the support of our own mesmers in this very forum. Who without fail, time and time again, ask for more nerfs. God bless their souls.

Hell yeah! But at least the mesmer community can say that we’ve finally achieved what seemed impossible before. We made the developers do what we asked for! Now if only they would nerf PU and CS, we could be back where we were before (with IP baseline but no access to the 4th bounce on MB, 1 stack of torment on Maim the disillusioned).

Meanwhile the other classes actually benefit from power creep… Oooh. Sweet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Another Fay+1

It’s very easy to point fingers at everyone else here without looking at the ones being pointed back at you.

Mesmer wasn’t in a great spot and still isn’t in PvE. WvW it performs the same but now has better roaming potential due to longer stealth to disengage. PvP it’s no longer completely shut down by a competent thief but instead can hold its own like all others.

Besides Pyro is often very willing to help those who ask for it, you just have to start on the right foot asking for help rather than claiming something is OP without knowing much about it or bringing an elitist attitude.

No.

You talk like Pyro is pro and people who does not play better than him/know him shouldnt be talking and 100% wrong. I am not sure if u know the meaning of “Elitists” here.

Remind me of big fish in a little pond. Don’t forget world is wide and dont be arrogant.