Suggest some new utility

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jake.5017

Jake.5017

If you could add a new utility to the mesmer what would you add?

Example:

Burden:
Cast an anchored shackle on target

Effect:
Cripple 4s – Reduce Movement speed by 20% 4s – Cooldown 45 seconds

Since we suck at chasing another control effect may do us good. post your thoughts

Attachments:

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

swap spots w ur enemy, its like portal, ground doesnt mather, so u can swap spots w ppl in forts then portal ur zerg up

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

That could be exploited, we could give it a range of like 900 and require a clear LOS. That could come in super useful to shatter builds

Pineapples rule

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Mimic: Block the next 3 attacks and reflect any CC or Condition effects from those attacks onto the attacker.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Can I just add a passive speed boost? I dont care about anything else. Hell I don’t even need 25% like everyone else, give me 10%.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

I’m pretty fine with our utility choices. I want an elite that does aoe cc. That would be the best thing ever.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Edit: better guys?? lol

Signet of Swagger: Passive- increase run speed by 25%; Active- Breaks stun. Instantly swap places with targeted illusion. If no illusion is targeted, swap with random illusion. Does not require LoS. 900 range.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

(edited by Seras.5702)

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Edit

Signet of Swagger: Passive- increase run speed by 25%; Active- Instantly swap places with targeted illusion. If no illusion is targeted, swap with random illusion. Does not require LoS. 900 range.

Funny. But no skill actually directly targets friendlies GW2.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jake.5017

Jake.5017

i like this idea alot but the switching bodies would never be allowed. we’d just run to a keep switch bodies with the veteran archers and port everyone in lol

Id like something like this though:

Signet of Retreat: passive: 25% movement speed | Active: Leap Backwards (similar to spear 2 underwater only backwards)

Would be very useful with greatsword. when too close hit 5. then leap back and continue, faster than blink

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Signet of Channelling
- Passive – Channel the passive effects of enemy signets within a radius of 900.
- Active – Copy one enemy’s passive signet effects for 30 seconds for the next X seconds.

(The secondary effect essentially allows you to disengage with a selected signet effect)

Soothing Images
- Glamour – Create an area filled soothing images which drains the endurance of enemies inside.
Restore 15 endurance per second to allies in this area every second.
10 pulses.
10 second duration.

\o/

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Edit

Signet of Swagger: Passive- increase run speed by 25%; Active- Instantly swap places with targeted illusion. If no illusion is targeted, swap with random illusion. Does not require LoS. 900 range.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Merciful_Intervention

His idea is entirely plausible.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Edit

Illusion of Life?
Mass Invisibility?
The elementalist Glyph of Renewal?
Guardian Healing Breeze?
Thief Shadow Refuge?

Theres a few skills that affect friendlies.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Edit

Illusion of Life?
Mass Invisibility?
Guardian Healing Breeze?
Thief Shadow Refuge?

Those skills affect friendlies, they don’t target them. Even merciful intervention doesn’t actually target friendlies.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Edit

Illusion of Life?
Mass Invisibility?
Guardian Healing Breeze?
Thief Shadow Refuge?

Those skills affect friendlies, they don’t target them. Even merciful intervention doesn’t actually target friendlies.

Yes, this is what I was referring to.

When GW2 was in beta, they explicitly stated that they wanted to avoid skills that require ally targeting. This is part of what makes dynamic events work so organically even while ungrouped. They want your attention on the game, not on a party bar.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Edit

Illusion of Life?
Mass Invisibility?
Guardian Healing Breeze?
Thief Shadow Refuge?

Well Glyph of Renewal targets friendlies. Unless they changed it since the last time I used it/

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Edit

Illusion of Life?
Mass Invisibility?
Guardian Healing Breeze?
Thief Shadow Refuge?

Well Glyph of Renewal targets friendlies. Unless they changed it since the last time I used it/

Looking at the wiki, the tooltips show a radius. I’m not ingame so I can’t test it, but that implies to me that they are aoe skills, not target-based.

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Fixed the Signet of Swagger skill description, making it only swap with a random illusion. Loses some of its ability to strategically position in combat but still works as a good escape and reposition.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Suggest some new utility

in Mesmer

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Edit

Illusion of Life?
Mass Invisibility?
Guardian Healing Breeze?
Thief Shadow Refuge?

Looking at the wiki, the tooltips show a radius. I’m not ingame so I can’t test it, but that implies to me that they are aoe skills, not target-based.

No Glyph of Renewal is a single target cast at an ally.