[Suggestion] Meaningful condi interrupt

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I love interrupts, it is a very active playstyle. A bit random sometimes as it is not always easy to predict an incoming skill, but well, randomness is in the DNA of the mesmer.

I also love conditions, especially confusion and torment. They don’t only add damage, they actually require you to act differently to minimize their effect (although I don’t think anyone does… but that’s a different subject).

And confusion and torment actually play into a “soft lockdown” style. Therefore, it felt very natural to me to try condi-interrupts. We even have traits for it!

But then I realize that this is a bad idea. Interrupts and conditions actually play against each other. You interrupt thanks to dazes and stun, thereby preventing the enemy from moving and attacking. You can chain daze enemies for quite a while. So you remove most of the confusion and torment potential.

So it lead me to think of a possible new traits to fix just that and allow this playstyle. The trait could basically be a rework of mistrust:
1) Deal confusion and/or torment on interrupt
2) Reduce massively the daze duration (0.25s, just enough to proc the interrupt) but add a blind instead

Since we “weaken” the daze/stun by transforming it into a softer CC, ANet can balance it with a higher reward in terms of many stacks of confusion/torment. But at the same time, the blind still add a bit of survivability without preventing the proc of confusion. It’s higher risk higher reward and sounds fun.
What do you think?

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Of course it could not taken together with CS, since both would conflict in their effect, so they would need to be moved to the same tier of the same specialization line.