Superior Rune of the Defender

in Mesmer

Posted by: StarlightBreaker.8512

StarlightBreaker.8512

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Defender

Would this rune set amplify a PU build in any way since PU can gain Aegis through Staff and cloaking? I would be using Harmonious Mantras + Mantra heal so I can gain the passive of (4) more often.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

I don’t see the value of using them.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

4k heal on defender rune 6? That seems quite a bit. Might not be very good for mes but I can see guards abusing these runes lol.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

4k heal on defender rune 6? That seems quite a bit. Might not be very good for mes but I can see guards abusing these runes lol.

I can see making some sort of sc/sw+sw/foc or sc/sw + staff bunker with those runes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabwa.7358

Sabwa.7358

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Water

Just a thought, since you’ll be running the mantra heal. I’ve recently been playing around with the water runes, which give you an aoe heal around you every time you use your heal(10s CD), with the mantra combo. It works great, I’ve been using it with phantasmal defender to heal him up with the aoe and I’m just about indestructible 1v1 even with my zerker stats. (The passive boon duration might really help a PU build too)

The thing with the defender runes is that the 30s CD on number 6 is hard to build around and might not do much even if you’re getting aegis constantly.

Defender runes are cheap enough though, I don’t see why you shouldn’t try them out and if you like them who cares what the forums have to say…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

but I can see guards abusing these runes lol.

Just a quick question about the rune:

If you open the fight with aegis (specially guards with Virtue of Courage do so), and you block the very first attack: does this block already trigger the 6th set bonus?
It does, doesn’kitten

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Aegis applies as a Block when struck, so yes i would assume it would but anet may have anticipated that and avoided having the rune set proc the 6th bonus when you’re already at full health..

not likely but its possible.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

The only thing you can potentially abuse about those runes is the 4th bonus since the 6th is already maxed out through healing at least every 30s (pretty self-sufficient rune-set…). Guardians might have Aegis-related traits but they can’t really benefit from the runes because their heals have too high cooldowns. Actually, Mesmers, Elementalists and Thieves will get the most out of the 4th bonus. Considering the overall class capabilities, (stealthless) Thieves might also benefit most from the 6th bonus.

For Mesmers, I don’t think that Harmonious Mantras is that crucial for utilizing the rune. Instead, I thought about a combination of Restorative Mantras, Retaliatory Shield, Staff and x/Sword. As Pyro already said: It could make for a decent bunker build. Probably not high tier, though. Restorative Mantras are just too vulnerable to lockdowns or interrupts.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I can see making some sort of sc/sw+sw/foc or sc/sw + staff bunker with those runes.

Immortal Mesmer confirmed?

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

I tried this rune with knights gear and PU last night and I could easily manage a warrior and an ele, hard to get a down but I didn’t have too much time to experiment with different armor and weapon setups. I used sc+t / sw+p with a 06620 build with mantra heal. To be able to pop an aegis like that is really useful. I’ve been thinking about using sinister armor with this weapon setup to get more out of the scepter and torch. I’ve never used sinister before though so im very uncertain on the outcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sithlord.4782

Sithlord.4782

Why isn’t this Rune in PvP? I can’t find it. Can someone reply to this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

It’s just not in sPvP. There are a bunch of runes like that.

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

in Mesmer

Posted by: Corrupt.4930

Corrupt.4930

The runes brilliant, Can even run it on a simple Dom/Duel/Chrono spec and it gives a usually YOLO spec sustain with sword/shield etc

Reallism