Sword Suggestion

Sword Suggestion

in Mesmer

Posted by: knchmpgn.9712

knchmpgn.9712

I think it might be a good idea to give the Mesmer’s sword skills a low range. Similiar to the dagger attacks on an Elementalist. Just have the #1 and #2 sword attacks launch close range waves at the enemy.

I doubt it will ever happen and I am aware that there are a load of other things that needs tweaks/fixes with a higher priority. But it is still something I would like to see and I think it might help a bit with melee as a Mesmer. Anyways, what do you guys think? Maybe if enough people like the idea the devs might run with it.

(Still holding out for mainhand pistol and/or daggers)

Sword Suggestion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Exept leap buggs some sword might be the best 1 h weapon we have atm in my opinon. Scepter and gs need most dev love atm but pistol MH would be amazing.

/Osicat

Sword Suggestion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

I personally would love pistol MH too. I would switch building for Quip instead of Bolt just for the troll factor.

Sword Suggestion

in Mesmer

Posted by: knchmpgn.9712

knchmpgn.9712

I agree with scepter needing love. But Greatsword? Care to explain? I personally hate it for thematic reasons; however, from what I can tell it and staff are the most used weapons on a Mesmer.

Sword Suggestion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Hrm, I actually like having actual melee weapons as a Mesmer. With range would come a loss of automatic 3-target cleave, too.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Sword Suggestion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

The sword is perfect as it is in my opinion, I’d hate if it became less melee and more ranged, it is a great additional flavour to the class.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Sword Suggestion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

The melee aspect of the Sword is one of my favorite things as well, however if I were to go with any particle effects added maybe some sort of backstab from Illusionary Riposte. Mostly because it would look awesome to block something then watch a pink sword stab my opponent in the rear! (I play an Asura)

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

Sword Suggestion

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

no, just no,,, sword is one weapon that is pretty much perfect and dont need any changes to it.

I love it and I dont want it to change.