Temporal Enchanter Rework

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Superspeed is great on paper BUT.

Feedback – How would this provide SS, too situational, needs allies to be inside the dome.
Medic’s Feedback – Why would you provide SS when you are ressing someone?
Portal – SS on portal? Again this needs a coordinated team to be utilized
Null – Resistance is great but SS?
Veil – This is the only one perfect for SS

Thoughts?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Super Speed and Resistance.

Each can be useful in some scenarios, but I do agree. It seems weird/counter-intuitive.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

My thoughts:

• Does super speed effect stomps/rezzes a la quickness?! If so, it’s great on Feedback/Nullfield for conquest in that it helps tremendously for stomps (prevents fear/chill). If not, I fail to really see how SS is useful in either of these
  • In terms of Medic’s Feedback, the Resistance is effective! What’s one of the first reactions you have when you down an enemy? If you’re not in range of a stomp, you pour condis on him such as bleed/poison in order to bleed him out. Traited Medic’s Feedback gives you 3s of unmitigated fast rezzing! Also, if you need help rezzing, the SS given to allies will ensure they get right on top of you quickly!
  • I don’t wvw, but definitely see the SS/R being excellent for poral/Veil. This gm would be almost a must if using one or both of these two for wvw groups right? Resistance combined with SS is not to be underrated here.

The Resistance does add another layer of support for glamours. My suggestion was always to add a high up-time of Resistance onto “Alls Well That Ends Well” instead of encroaching on Null Field’s condition removal… I think they could have done something better that enhanced each glamour in a different way according to how it’s best used a la Master of Fragmentation:

• Null Field: Remove 2 conditions per pulse, strip 2 boons from enemies. 14 conditions and 14 boons? Absolutely!
  • Feedback: All projectile finishers are combo 100% of the time (17 skills effected). More niche uses, but could definitely rack up the confusion very quickly with some of these skills.
  • Portal: Grants 4 seconds of Resistance. Usually the problem with portal is your enemy knows you’re coming at some point so they lay condis down waiting for you. This is especially the case against smart engineers and necros…
  • Veil: Grants 4 seconds of Super Speed. This speaks for itself and its use.
https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

This trait is good, no doubt, and has its specific uses especially in wvw with utilities like veil and portal. In pvp a single time warp with this trait will pretty much guarantee a team fight win. Even so, its not a GM tier as it currently stands IMO. And cho, super speed is just an amped up swiftness, nothing to do with quickness.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

This trait is good, no doubt, and has its specific uses especially in wvw with utilities like veil and portal. In pvp a single time warp with this trait will pretty much guarantee a team fight win. Even so, its not a GM tier as it currently stands IMO. And cho, super speed is just an amped up swiftness, nothing to do with quickness.

Well in that case, I really can’t see any use for SS on Feedback or Nullfield… The trait remains subpar overall imho. Just use my idea and call it a day, Anet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

They added the Resistance to ensure that those cases where SS is less useful/desireable, you will get something that most certainly is! This is our only form of getting Resistance.

I think it’s very much worth it for a GM trait to increase duration of all Glamours, enhance the movement oriented ones with SS, and the rest benefit from Resistance at the very least. As stated, TW and NF are both fight-changing Glamours now. (Obviously TW far more, since it’s finally an Elite worth using!)

With Mimic you could basically have 14s of Condition immunity for your team in a point fight. That basically removes Condition classes from the fight completely, and makes Immob/Cripple/Weakness/Slow/Chill all rather ineffective for this duration.

I also have a strong feeling that no one on your team will mind the SS even if it’s not optimal on some of the fields. Harder for people to catch or keep up with you, easier for you to catch or keep up with them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

With Mimic you could basically have 14s of Condition immunity for your team in a point fight. That basically removes Condition classes from the fight completely, and makes Immob/Cripple/Weakness/Slow/Chill all rather ineffective for this duration.

This is assuming Resistance is granted per pulse with glamour?
Sorry but from the wording, it looks like you and allies only get 3s of resistance when you cast the glamour skill. And thus it seems weak.

I’d love it if they buff it to give out resistance 1s every second you stay in the field but then it probably wont work well with Veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I realize that. It means 6s of immunity from the effects of Conditions total, and a total of 14 AoE cleanses (and boonstrips) over the 14s time. The Resistance will help you not to take damage for 6 ticks of the AE cleanse. That’s pretty close to completely shutting down both Boons and Conditions on the point for 14s.

And you’re already in the line that has a Minor that also hits an AoE cleanse for 2 Conditions when you heal yourself. (Another 6x AE cleanse with MoR + HM)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

This trait would have been really cool if they turned Ether feast into a glamour. Especially since both the mantra heal and mirror have better synergy with this trait line because of mender’s purity. There isn’t a glamour recast trait (bc its baseline) so they could leave Ether Feast at 20 secs and not throw off its ‘balance’. It would be a lot of fun to run a glamour build where you could pop ether feast to proc super speed and some resistance.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I think buffing the super speed to 3s and keeping the resistance at 3s would be alright. I can see a 2 glamour build making use of this in WvW to really push through to a back line. Add in distortion on signet use and sharing and 2 mesmers can get melee right to the backline in WvW unscathed.

I hope they normalise null field and feedback to 30s cooldowns, 32s makes me nervous because I like how round 30 is. Veil becoming 60s would certainly be nice, maybe even a tad lower like 50s. I know it’s strong for WvW and the new PU trait makes it last longer but I would rather use portal and personal stealth in nearly all other circumstances than veil with an identical cool down to portal.

I also hope portal will get a range indicator, seriously, we need it as much as engi’s needed to get rid of them hobo sacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

I agree that it seems like some weird effects in tandem with what the skills provide. Yeah it sounds good on paper, but paper is all we have right now. We may come up with some brilliant uses for it on Tuesday.

I’m actually excited about the changes to inspiration. When I played WoW, I did a lot of pvp as a Discipline Priest, which was all about damage control and not so much healing. I feel like there’s a ton of utility to be had here. I’m more curious as to what the healing output will be for the minor trait. Will it depend on how big our own heal is (Ether Feast) or will it be a flat amount and benefit more from the mantra heal.

Regardless, I see some options opening for celestial, cleric and settler’s amulets (maybe Valk, but I think ferocity is useless without precision).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Forgot to mention this: I actually think this will be VERY powerful with Null Field. Specifically against classes like condi rangers. The one utility will remove and mitigate conditions and allow you to quickly close a gap without having to waste blink or a sword swap. Maybe it’s not GM-worthy, but there’s still hope. After all, they did bring MtD down to a Master trait.

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

I forgot to add this idea: maybe Temporal Enchantment could add a pulsing heal onto all glamours. I’m not good with balancing numbers, but having a pulsing heal for 7s inside of a Nullfield would be nice and align with what Inspiration is all about.

At least this way, every glamour would have different strengths depending on the situation. Again, I think they should have just made it like Master of Fragmentation…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m very pleased with the addition of Resistance. But as I said elsewhere: I couldn’t care less about Super Speed. It feels forced onto the trait because of the name – and maybe because Quickness and Slow are already covered with Time Warp.

That aside, I agree with MailMail that creating a trait which grants a specific benefit to each Glamour would have been best solely due to the very different functionalities of our Glamour skills.