Temporal Enchanter working right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: King Stinkeye.3560

King Stinkeye.3560

After testing it in the mists it seems to work like this…

Veil – triggered around the caster when they drop a veil (not when passing through)
Portal – triggered around the caster when they place both Entre and Exeunt
Time Warp – triggered within the area of effect (one time, no pulsing)
Null Field – – triggered within the area of effect (one time, no pulsing)

My expectations for how this trait would work would be, that the buff would be applied when entering/being inside a glamour field, or using a portal. For example, my allies would get the buff when running through a veil, or using a portal… you know, when they would actually need it.

Can this just be a bug too please?

Man of Many Stinkeyes
[DAWN]

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Well, as far as I remember they said it applies the buff when you place the glamor skill. That it would sometimes work in an AoE around the caster was not mentioned before though, I think.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Veil – triggered around the caster when they drop a veil (not when passing through)

nope, it triggers it around where you place the veil in a 240 radius

Portal – triggered around the caster when they place both Entre and Exeunt

basically, as above, in the area around where you place the entry AND the exit portal

My expectations for how this trait would work would be, that the buff would be applied when entering/being inside a glamour field, or using a portal. For example, my allies would get the buff when running through a veil, or using a portal… you know, when they would actually need it.

Can this just be a bug too please?

Not a bug. I agree with you that it works horribly on Portal and Veil, but it’s working as intended (they explained it during one stream).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tofu.1978

Tofu.1978

It also works on cast in the effect range with timewarp. It was kind of buggy for me though twice I noticed i got superspeed without getting any resistance. I also would like to know the target cap on each skill but have not been able to test that yet.

Devout Tofu, Hardened Tofu, Cryptic Tofu, Unstable Tofu, Expired Tofu
Knights of the Rose [KoR] – Isle of Janthir