Temporal Enchanter working?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

So the skill fact for this trait says:

Glamour skills last longer. When you cast a glamour, allies near the glamour gain resistance and super speed.

Movement speed is greatly increased.

Super Speed (2s): Movement speed is greatly increased.

Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.

Resistance (3s): Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.

Number of Targets: 5

Duration Increase: 2s

But if I drop a veil or null field in sPvP it seems as though only the first person in contact with it get the super speed. Whether you are the first person to pass it or not, it doesn’t seem to proc for anyone else passing through. But this is suppose to work for 5 people right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

“When you cast a glamour”

The initial creation of the glamour creates an AoE pulse which gives the buffs, as indicated by the added “ping” sound and purple shockwave effect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erron.5327

Erron.5327

God I love this effect. Just needed to say it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I dont like it. Ran a fractal on my engi the other day with a full glamour build mesmer, while this is OK in lower end dungeons, once you hit a certain point other builds just outshine it so much its not funny.

For higher end PvE the haste / slow effects it provides just dont cut it. For lower end, lowbie dungeon bosses that can be downed in few secs using timewarp, sure, but not pass there. I would rather the mes provide MI 100 times over TW. So much more useful.

And the other fields, null field and feedback, several magnitudes lower in usefullness then timewarp. Only way to get full use out of them is if the mes traits for boons on chaos armor and procs it all the time for the team of off those fields, but then the other aspects of the mes suffer too much, take too big of a hit. Just not worth it.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

“When you cast a glamour”

The initial creation of the glamour creates an AoE pulse which gives the buffs, as indicated by the added “ping” sound and purple shockwave effect.

Okay thanks. It isn’t as good as I thought it would be. I guess this with veil is intended for WvW stacking, I thought it would apply to anyone passing across the veil (up to 5 people).

in Mesmer

Erron.5327

Well, I wasn’t making any comment about the current state of glamours in optimal builds…just saying I love the super—speed/resistance. The super speed especially. Helps in lots ways.
Mass Invis is great. But never thought to use it in the cases when i would use Time Warp. Do you want them to use it for stacking? Skipping (most likely)? Or just not use TW on stack so that they can MI after? Thieves do invis sooo much better seems like a waste of a slot if you have one of them around.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

@Tongku

I know of very few cases where I would want to use MI in a Fractal, much less over TW, and I only run 50s.

Let’s go over every fractal:

Aquatic Ruins: People still run this? Time Warp is a sphere here and speeding up the slow boss fight is always a great plus (just be careful with underwater confusion). The trash mobs and running parts don’t need (or can’t use in the case of Dolphin) stealth.

Swampland: Umm… at what point is MI useful? Do you need help going underwater? Is Mossman being annoying? Underwater MI won’t do anything. Mossman annoying you at the Wisp section is easily bypassed with a Portal Entre/Exeunte since he doesn’t spawn at the outskirts (where the Wisps actually spawn). Bossfight, TW is king.

Urban Battlegrounds: If you ran MI, you’d skip one fight… wooooooo. If you run TW, you’ll get the boss significantly lower (and slow his animations so he doesn’t bend everyone over and whip out his greatsword real quick-like) before having to range (if even at all).

Uncategorized: MI helps get you to the top of the first and final segment, skipping the harpies. Of course, at the higher levels, they drop Powerful Blood which is nothing to scoff at alongside the fact that you’re a Mesmer, the profession with the best access to Reflections (post-patch, woooo) and the Harpies only use projectiles.

Snowblind: Mass Invis can be used to assist in the Bonfire and Post-Crystal phases. Post-Crystal makes sense (but 10s is not long enough, so it’s whatever. I can run Prestige Veil Mimic Decoy Decoy Prestige Decoy Prestige Decoy… to solo run that part with PU basically letting my allies revive at the end). TW is much better on the Crystal (if you’re having trouble with ads or just want to burst it) or on the final boss since he’s a poo head. If you don’t use TW on the Crystal, sure, run MI… but that fight is kinda silly since you can just do the ole’ throw dead bodies at it to win trick.

Molten Furnace: Umm… yeah Portal is king here. The only time MI is useful is right before the final boss (skipping trash is hard lyfe) and on the Lever phase. However, the Lever phase does not require stealth and MI will actually screw over anyone on the Lever unless people on the sides reveal themselves (MI is too big a range here). Also, you can’t cast while on the Lever and I personally believe it’s better to have a Mesmer on the Lever while having a Thief stealth them or someone just run back and forth pulling the mobs away. Mesmer isn’t going to be doing much in that part, anyways.

Cliffside: Umm… it’ll help us… umm…

Aetherblade: We can… uhh…

Volcanic: THE BOULDERS WON’T SEE US, BOIZ!

Thaumanova: Oh darn, we got spotted by weak patrolling wolfies because I was running TW.

Underground Facility (Braham/Rox): WE CAN USE IT AFTER THE TUNNEL TO HELP US GET TO THAT SAFE SPOT GUIZ. Or we can use TW to kill everything at the safe spot and use Veil to get past the trash if we REALLY needed stealth.

Solid Ocean Fractal: Umm… the trash runs are too hard, guys…

Molten Boss Fractal: I need help crossing a bridge. Can you hold my hand give me stealth?

Captain Mai Trin Boss Fractal: MI in the cannon phases can be useful, but since everyone just does the revive trick, it’s better to run TW to burst phases (or on the final phase). Although if you use MI, you can time Horrik phases since it lasts 50/60/70s and you can count that with MI cooldown, I guess. But 10s out of that duration isn’t going to be uber helpful, so… yeah…

Out of 14 Fractals, only 2 of them have a use for MI over TW and one of them prevents you from getting Vials of Powerful Blood (the other involves you hoisting a useless elite on an annoying bossfight, unless you use it during that fight to… run to your group?)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

God I love this effect. Just needed to say it.

It makes more butterflies fly out! :O

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I dont like it. Ran a fractal on my engi the other day with a full glamour build mesmer, while this is OK in lower end dungeons, once you hit a certain point other builds just outshine it so much its not funny.

For higher end PvE the haste / slow effects it provides just dont cut it. For lower end, lowbie dungeon bosses that can be downed in few secs using timewarp, sure, but not pass there. I would rather the mes provide MI 100 times over TW. So much more useful.

And the other fields, null field and feedback, several magnitudes lower in usefullness then timewarp. Only way to get full use out of them is if the mes traits for boons on chaos armor and procs it all the time for the team of off those fields, but then the other aspects of the mes suffer too much, take too big of a hit. Just not worth it.

Are we playing the same game? Like it was explained in detail a few posts above, why on Earth would you not bring time warp? You hate the haste effect? Why? You also hate feedback and null field because… reflection and condi removal/boon rip is so useless eh?

in Mesmer

Erron.5327

I am definitely in the same camp that TW is the preferred Elite in most cases.
I was really wondering if I was missing something this whole time…thanks for the breakdown Esplen.
I guess Tonku’s annoyance could have been that he was playing on an Engineer and is one of the good Engies who knows how to maximise his fields. In this case a Glamsmer could be very annoying if they don’t wait till fire fields are placed before dropping any fields.