Temporal curtain needs love

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICKEZ.3671

NICKEZ.3671

a) Temporal curtain should stack existing swiftness.

b) Sometimes when running through temporal curtain it doesn’t grant swiftness.

[CERN] & [ZzZz] Xig
Asura Guard, Human Ele
TC

in Mesmer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

It does only grant Swiftness if you’re not already enchanted with Swiftness.

It should give 1 second in the above case, everything else is abuse-able.
edit: On a second thought you can properly abuse even that.

(edited by DesertRose.2031)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

As DesertRose said, if it’d stack swiftness each time, you could abuse it by running through it 4 times. It did behave like this in the beta and got “patched”.

There are multiple suggestions to fix it without making it too strong, but ANet sees this issue as a minor one (if actually).

1. Only if the current, total swiftness duration is lower than TCs 12s (+boon dur) set it to its duration. Meaning, if you run through it with 1s swiftness left, it becomes 12s; if you have 13s, it stays 13s.
  2. Like Guardians SoS, add at least 1s swiftness when you already have swiftness (bad fix)
  3. Instead of giving 1 stack of 12s, it could give 5 stacks of 2.4s each. Since duration stacking boons are limited to 5 stacks, it’d wouldn’t fully stack with other durations, but will add a decent amount.
  4. Check if any of the current swiftness sources is the TCs mesmer. If not, add swiftness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I think the solution of resetting swiftness duration to 13 when you run over it with less than 13secs is the best answer that isnt too abusable.

It would just save all those AAARGH moments when you cast it that millisecond too early and have to take a step back or when Sig of Insp procs JUST as you touch it and you just feel cheated by the gods xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

Add stealth to it (personal veil)
And then i couldn’t care less about the swiftness part

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

The focus is just generally broken. Swiftness from curtain doesn’t stack with any other swiftness buff including itself, the curtain does not reflect projectiles properly when traiting focus, and the phantasm is only useful as a defensive measure and only when traited.

But I’m stuck with it because it’s the only player-controlled swiftness skill we have…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

the curtain does not reflect projectiles properly when traiting focus

can’t say i’ve ever had this issue.

honestly the easiest “adjustment” to the temporal would to just make it stack swiftness similar to how a guardians Symbol of Swiftness works. non-abusable, but helpful addition. maybe increase the base duration by 1-2 seconds or so as well.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

They may have fixed it, I haven’t checked in a while. It’s got something to do with terrain, if it’s too low compared to the shooter, it fails to reflect (and protect from) the shots.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

They may have fixed it, I haven’t checked in a while. It’s got something to do with terrain, if it’s too low compared to the shooter, it fails to reflect (and protect from) the shots.

ah, that makes sense then. i could see that being an issue. never run into it in dungeons since most are flat, and i don’t use a focus in any form of pvp, so it may very well exist still.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

TC reflects at a ~1m height. Only low projectiles will be reflected by it (like asura fractal’s endboss) if you put it between yourselves. With arcing projectiles it’s kinda impossible.

Due to that behaviour (thanks ANet, that’s QoL), you need to place it at the right spot. Just like Feedback has its “instant-reflect” area in the center (projectiles don’t travel to the dome but get reflected before them come out), TC has one, too. Just place the TC right at the target’s feet and it’ll reflect almost reliably.
For arcing projectiles from multiple foes (asura fractal’s harpies), set the TC right at your feet and don’t leave it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Just stay near the TC and you can reflect everything. Every projectil is homing at you*, so this means if they even shoot from a higher place or the projectile flies up and then down to you, just right before you it will be reflectable. The reflection works about the height of a small human, biggest asura. However if placed right it still works. I think it should become (visual too) like a guard reflection wall, when traited.

TC swiftness does stack, but just if its the first that was applied. For example: 10 sec TC swiftness, then get another swiftness buff for 5 sec = 15 sec. If you gain the other one first 5 sec, run trough TC = still just 5 sec. This is very annoying it should just be stackable with everything but itself. Or just refresh the duration if you passed trough multiple times.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”