Temporal curtain

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Pull radius needs to be reduced. This + Daze shatter + GS knock down + chaos storm, over 5 seconds of low cd on demmand aoe CC.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

NERF THE MESMER!

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

mmm, only one proper response to this…

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

put it in suggestions!

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Pull radius needs to be reduced. This + Daze shatter + GS knock down + chaos storm, over 5 seconds of low cd on demmand aoe CC.

Better yet, remove the pull!
Screw that, remove the Focus! It’s the root of the issue! Just get rid of it!

Next someone will complain about Mind Stab. I can see it in my mind already.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

The pull AoE is similar to other pull ranges. It’s also an effective way of pulling enemies off of walls/ cliffs. Reducing the range would ruin it.

Instead of reducing the AoE, I’d rather have it increasing the height. Like 2.5m instead of 1m.

[ Edit ]
I forgot, I’d also like to see it STACKING swiftness. At least

If currentSwitftnessDuration < curtainSwiftnessDuration
{ currentSwitftnessDuration := curtainSwiftnessDuration; }
else
{ playsound “failed”; }

sucks to have 0.5s swiftness and the curtain doesn’t even set it to its 12s. Doesn’t even need to be 12.5s.

(edited by Nretep.2564)

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Honey Blood.7852

Honey Blood.7852

We can only have two weapon sets at one time. The only way to pull this off is to use focus before combat and then switch in Greatsword/Staff… :|

The effect of such a tactic is underwhelming at best, and only used for pulling people off high ground.

(edited by Honey Blood.7852)

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

In gw1, mez had over 25 interrupts not even counting those that **** your energy or disable skills for 1 minute so how mad are you right now? Be happy anet made mesmers extremely casual shatter spam bots instead of real shutdown class as they were originally built.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

^ this. Mesmer signature should be CC and shutdown, and they were already in large part taken away due to new combat.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

^ this. Mesmer signature should be CC and shutdown, and they were already in large part taken away due to new combat.

No this is simply based on removing the typical RPG-roles. WoW already reduced the roles from 6 (Tank, Damage, Healer, CC, Buffer, Debuffer) to 3 (Tank, Damage, Healer).
By pre-WoW standards, Mesmers were somewhere between a Debuffer and a CCer. More Debuffer when GW1 launched, actually a lot of Debuffing with a little bit of CC, which got expanded later.

GW2 goes further and blurs out the remaining three roles, but the original roles of the Mesmer from GW1 are both gone even before that happened.

Although, now that I think about it I recall that during beta4, Priests in WoW were still scheduled as a CC-class with Healing-offspec.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Screw it, remove all of the mesmer’s weapons!

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

dude u really gotta L2P!!!!go cry somewhere else.we just got a major hit and u want to nerf it all just because u dont wanna deal with it and learn how to fight!sry no empathy here at all

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

too bad no classes have stun breaker/stability/their own cc.

bet this guy died to confusion.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Pfffft, I run around naked and kill people with butterflies. I’m OP.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

Temporal curtain/into the void is fine. Except for pulling targets off of walls that aren’t within LOS. That’s BS.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Isesia.8437

Isesia.8437

at the rate they are going, they might as well remove mesmer all together, maybe then some people will stop complaining about the need to actually learn to play.

and to OP, stop being a static target, learn to actually dodge, and maybe stop using berserker gear if you are one of those people.

(edited by Isesia.8437)

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Temporal curtain/into the void is fine. Except for pulling targets off of walls that aren’t within LOS. That’s BS.

Its the only pull skill to do it, and that’s what makes focus awesome. If you weren’t aware, into the void will only pull some off the wall if they are standing on the ledge of it where they are exposed to LOS. Even on paper walls there’s only a few non LOS places you can get pulls like stairs or at certain towers cliffs\regular ground tied to the tower. Half the time when you pull someone off the wall they just double dodge roll to entrance, immune,teleport and several more options the same as how they get in their in the first place with a zerg outside.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

Didn’t know Mesmers could equip a GS, Staff, and Focus offhand all at once.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

you think people should be able to stand on a wall untargetable and kill you as you stand below and you have no attack to hit them with?

that is fair to you? temporal curtain is what makes wall fighting fair. people dont even need to go to the edge of a wall to hit the people below making all ranged attacks unable to target. temporal curtain forces them to attack you from a targetable area.

it never pulls anyone off a wall unless they cross the edge themself.

want to pvp .. come pvp. ill help you get there.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

I love trolling with this pull. Last night I was scouting at the highest point at of the entrance to Faithleap from Bay keep. I stood there still, as though I had gone afk, as one of the red dudes miling around down there came up to gank me. I let him get real close, blocked his first shot with my scepter, and then yanked him forward off the cliff to his doom all while several of his buddies stood in the camp watching it happen.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I never normally use a focus, then just the other day when some zergers had setup ballistas on top of the tower in front of our spawn, I switched to focus and pulled down and killed 12 ballista camping players

I bet this dude was one of them lol

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

Didn’t know Mesmers could equip a GS, Staff, and Focus offhand all at once.

Mesmer titan’s grip spec. GS/focus and Staff/Pistol are popular in pvp.

Temporal curtain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

Not another of these troll threads, Temporal curtains radius is very reasonably sized.