The Absolute Most OP sPvP Mesmer Build = ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

What is the Absolute Most OP sPvP Mesmer Build?

Is it the phantom builds? Shatter builds? Mantra builds? Retaliation build? Or dwat

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I do not understand your question

Mesmer have what is consider the most powerful dueling build in the game which is phastasm build; however the build is too slow in team fights. Look at maker of the immortal mesmer for his his OP phantasm build.

Most staff builds are pretty bad since Mesmer main controllable condition confusion does so little damage. Most people use staff as a defense weapons for free protection boon, phase retreat, and choas storm then switch back to their normal weapon to attack.

there is an unspoken rule in tpvp to only allow 1 mesmer since memser are really not that great due to their low mobility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

What is the Absolute Most OP sPvP Mesmer Build?

Guessing it’s a Mesmer with staff playing defensively?

build is only as OP as the person using it. I’ve ran many different builds, and faced ppl with many different builds. It all comes down to the player. And no playing defensively with a mesmer in sPvP (and now WvW) is not OP because conditions dont do much and the one useful thing we had (confusion) is nerfed to 50% of it’s effectiveness. Basically your staff will never output enough dmg to kill someone on it’s own. You’ll need to couple it with sword and whatever else off hand and have some decent stats overall otehrwise you’re not really doing anything.

to make it obvious, go in wvw and try and take out a dolyak with staff (max out condition if you want) and look how long it takes vs dps.

Defensive builds are great for occupying ppl and holding points.

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

Mesmer have what is consider the most powerful dueling build in the game which is phastasm build; however the build is too slow in team fights. Look at maker of the immortal mesmer for his his OP phantasm build.

Most staff builds are pretty bad since Mesmer main controllable condition confusion does so little damage. Most people use staff as a defense weapons for free protection boon, phase retreat, and choas storm then switch back to their normal weapon to attack.

there is an unspoken rule in tpvp to only allow 1 mesmer since memser are really not that great due to their low mobility

Chcked that thread

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/mesmer/?4|6.1c.h1j|c.1c.h4.d.1c.h1l|1c.7r.1c.7r.1c.7r.1c.7r.1c.7r.1c.7r|4u.0.2u.0.3x.0.1c.9c.1c.9c.2u.0|0.0.k4a.k48.u26b|15.1|e

The build seemed like a tank build with no illusion +dmg traits? Geez not even 25 in inspiration for +15% illusion dmg? I don’t really understand why its 30 in last trait if its illusion and not shatter. Anyone can explain?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

Chcked that thread

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/mesmer/?4|6.1c.h1j|c.1c.h4.d.1c.h1l|1c.7r.1c.7r.1c.7r.1c.7r.1c.7r.1c.7r|4u.0.2u.0.3x.0.1c.9c.1c.9c.2u.0|0.0.k4a.k48.u26b|15.1|e

The build seemed like a tank build with no illusion +dmg traits? Geez not even 25 in inspiration for +15% illusion dmg? I don’t really understand why its 30 in last trait if its illusion and not shatter. Anyone can explain?

depends on the play style but if you’re popping up illusions regularly, even if it isnt a shatter build sometimes you need the shatter to get out of situations such as the f4 skill distortion. It’s very useful to be able to use it on yourself in case you dont have any clones out and you need it at that time.

Also, those numbers are not accurate. There’s no way a mesmer will reach 40k hp,in fact I dont even think warriors can reach it and they have one of the highest health pools in the game.

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

I don’t know. I think there’s a lot of points wasted in the last trait tree that could be better invested for upping damage. I’d imagine that loss of damage would be that the user of the build can’t kill fast enough in a duel and enemy reinforcement comes and it’s GG.

Since you guys are saying phantasm is good, how about a build that takes all of the phantasm +dmg traits in the game?

10 (III=15% phantasm damage)
15 (II = Phantasm has fury)
25 (25th passive=
15% Phantasm damage)
20 (the trait that increases the attack speed of phantoms)

^ Guessing it would be a horrible build.

Since phantasms die almost instantly most of the times, the last trait is probably useless and then maybe this would be best:

20/20/0/25/5

^ This would hit more of the key traits, suchas illusions causing bleed and 20% reduction time in illusion in both GS and pistol. But then again, I have no idea what im talking about.

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

10/30/0/25/5 with sw/sw and sw/pistol. Take both sword and pistol traits.
Used properly this melts anyone in 1v1.
Rubbish at tagging in wvw, slow and poor escape mechanisms compared to other builds and phants die instantly in pve though.

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

Does everyone here agree that phantasm is the best build to go with in sPvP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I don’t know. I think there’s a lot of points wasted in the last trait tree that could be better invested for upping damage. I’d imagine that loss of damage would be that the user of the build can’t kill fast enough in a duel and enemy reinforcement comes and it’s GG.

Since you guys are saying phantasm is good, how about a build that takes all of the phantasm +dmg traits in the game?

25 (25th passive=
15% Phantasm damage)

Since phantasms die almost instantly most of the times, the last trait is probably useless and then maybe this would be best:

20/20/0/25/5

^ This would hit more of the key traits, suchas illusions causing bleed and 20% reduction time in illusion in both GS and pistol. But then again, I have no idea what im talking about.

You were looking at my Immortal build. However, I also have a phantasm build for pve, and what loseridoit was talking about, a phantasm build for pvp. You can find the latter under the simple name of ‘overpowered’ in Fay’s build list.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Osicat’s shatter build or variations all the way.

Lately I’m running 0/20/20/0/30 with full zerker armor/weapons
prec heavy Knights ascended neck, Zerker/valk ascended rings and ear’s
Runes of air, Sigils of air
Staff Sword/pistol
Blink, Mirror images, decoy

With the extended range blink, cd reduction.

Probably my number 1 spec of all time.

Edit, recognize this is sort of a advanced build to play with. Its not a support build, it’s a kill or be kill build. Once mastered though it’s incredibly survivable with very healthy damage.

(edited by Godmoney.2048)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zkarlet.2478

Zkarlet.2478

Shatter all the way. As a mesmer you’re brought to the team because of:
1: shatter-burst
2: portal
3: causing havoc, mainly to lesser skilled players

Here’s a competitive tPvP build – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAW8dlwzKqnTTrGa9ICqHaH49dkK0alewbz2FC-TsAg0CnIqRVjrGTNyas1MsYZxmAA

Antiwipe [FRI]
Gandara [EU]

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Honestly it depends on the role you want to fill… I can provide consistent confusion in my rabid confusion build in Tpvp and still get people killing themselves regularly… the only ones that are really a problem for me are condition necros… Mainly because when it comes to condition specs they do better than us…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zkarlet.2478

Zkarlet.2478

The problem with confusion in tPvP is you can’t apply alot of stacks for a long time on a alot of targets. The proper shatter builds just outshines in dps and burst both single target and AoE. 1on1 sure if your facing a mediocre opponent that is not watching their debuffs carefully.

Antiwipe [FRI]
Gandara [EU]

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

The problem with confusion in tPvP is you can’t apply alot of stacks for a long time on a alot of targets. The proper shatter builds just outshines in dps and burst both single target and AoE. 1on1 sure if your facing a mediocre opponent that is not watching their debuffs carefully.

ITs better for dealing with bunker guards/BM rangers. Shatter builds have a hard time getting through their armor…And I can keep 6-8 stacks up most of the time between my two weapon sets+blinds… It can spike for about 20… Which even in tPvP hurts.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

So shatter or phantasm build? What are the top mesmers playing as?

in Mesmer

Posted by: greyblue.4962

greyblue.4962

I do relatively well in tPvP (2 to 1 win/loss, and I only solo queue) playing staff + sword/focus. I play a hybrid build though. Sword + focus + shatters for killing, staff for holding points and surviving between bursts.

Stealth actually helps a great deal in sPvP if used correctly. If you rush far point and throw a decoy at the people rushing your near, you can often delay them enough to cap, for instance.

in Mesmer

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

Usually when people are tossing the acronym OP in this forum its related to large damage spikes or thieves and rangers that didnt notice they are confused.

I feel pretty certain that what you want is the build(s) that open up with an obscene damage spike followed by dropping phantasms to do more obscene damage that they cannot recover from. Its been around since the Inception of the game.

Your post is worded poorly. You want a strong spec handed to you but there’s more than one so we need to know you want to do before we can really answer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

So shatter or phantasm build? What are the top mesmers playing as?

I prefer sw/sw + sw/pi phantasm because it’s a guaranteed win 1v1 or almost a guaranteed kill + escape in a 2v1. Maybe I’m just not as good at playing shatter, but I just can’t get the damage output to match iswordsman.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I run Astus condition build 0/20/25/0/25 in sPvP with Staff & Sw/Pistol. I LOVE this build even after the confusion nerf. Usually I kill people 1v1, and when I can’t I use blink, decoy, and mass invisibility. I’ve had people chase me all the way across the map only for me to finally get annoyed enough to start fighting them, and then they realize they can’t kill me and then they run.

The only class I struggle with against this build are rangers and some engi’s. Every so often I come across a thief that tears me apart, but he still has to work for it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

THE OP IS A DEVELOPER<<< trying to figure out what to nerf next.. do not fall for it.

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

How did you know? ^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Confessor.8957

Confessor.8957

Lately I’m running 0/20/20/0/30
With the extended range blink, cd reduction.

^^
By far the best w3 build going. It’s beyond amazing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

Some DD/SD theif who traited a lot blind and stealth can beat phantom build after some work, 50/50 full zerker against them 20/80 in their favor if you are full solider, other than that a lot condition build beat it, like condition DD ele or a very very good necro. On point holding an engi or trap ranger can beat it too.

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Does everyone here agree that phantasm is the best build to go with in sPvP?

Sounds like you just want someone else to pick the build for you to. Play. Since spvp is free to change your build and check it out, why not try out what best suits you. I believe its already been mentioned but the best build is what suits your style and your way of thinking
I’ve seen amazing builds that fail in the wrong hands and the makers of those amazing builds fail with other builds.

So to answer your question, the most open build is whichever best suits you, not what someone else tells you it is.

(edited by kylia.4813)

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

25 (25th passive=
15% Phantasm damage)

20/20/0/25/5

You were looking at my Immortal build. However, I also have a phantasm build for pve, and what loseridoit was talking about, a phantasm build for pvp. You can find the latter under the simple name of ‘overpowered’ in Fay’s build list.

Just Tried the phantom build. Have to say it’s pretty amazing. Haven’t lost 1 vs 1 today yet out of like 30+ matches.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

THE OP IS A DEVELOPER<<< trying to figure out what to nerf next.. do not fall for it.

The most OP build for mesmer is using siege lol.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in Mesmer

Posted by: painHV.2516

painHV.2516

There’s a reason majority of the top mesmers in tournaments use a shatter build or a hybrid shatter. Don’t judge a build based off how it is in hotjoin, because as a mesmer you’re going to destroy most people 1v1 in hotjoin regardless of your spec.

in Mesmer

Posted by: painHV.2516

painHV.2516

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Shatter can do well and is pretty balanced vs almost everything in the meta. You’ll win if your good.

Phantasm you can win 1v1 vs good players without trying.

Shatter is hard countered by BM ranger and other Phant builds. you’ll have trouble with certain thief builds but the fights are very winnable just a slight struggle.

Phantasm you beat anything 1v1 including our previous hard counter BM ranger assuming your not inept, but you suck in a team fight.

Condi? Glam? HAHAHAHAHAHAhahhaha

Retaliation? Hmm might work? I haven’t tried, and I don’t see it often. Still useless for team fights though since it’d most likely be a phant build with a slightly different… Focus (hahaha bad joke)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

I tried the shatter but it seems that there is just way too many counters. Sword 3 doesn’t land all the time, and even if it does, there still lots of ways to get out of the immobolize.