The "What Mesmer Are You" Personality Quiz!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

While this is more geared towards newer players, I try to keep it entertaining and informative for everyone! Add up the number of your answers and match to the key on the bottom. I left out the “Illusions” line because of how much weaker it is than the other trees (and it’s kind of hard to come up with answers for it. X_x) but anyone considering a condition Mesmer should absolutely invest in Illusions!

What Mesmer Are You Webquiz!

• A) Adventuring through Tyria can be daunting, but …

1) I know exactly where I’m going and already have planned the quickest and most efficient way to get there and complete my goals.
2) I don’t mind. The journey is more important than the destination, I’ll probably see something cool along the way.
3) I have friends and some perma-swiftness, what more do I need?
4) I don’t adventure. I slay. Mercilessly.

• B) Oh snap! Your ally is downed!

1) It’s my responsibility to get them up!
2) No one will stomp them as long as I’m around.
3) Well that’s convenient, the perfect bait to get all my enemies clustered together for one heavy blow. Why risk my life rezzing them when they will rally when I stomp?
4) Sounds like someone needs a quick Mass Invisibility. Sweet, glorious Mass Invisibility.

• C ) My favorite Shatter is

1) Mind Wrack
2) Cry of Frustration
3) Diversion
4) Distortion

• D) To me, Mesmer is all about..

1) Style and finesse. No one looks better than a Mesmer at what they do.. Except me, a better-looking Mesmer.
2) Precision and efficiency. Make them dead fast, move on.
3) Misdirection and confusion. That wasn’t me, that was a clone! Yes, slam your face against the keyboard more as I mine the salt from your eyejelly.
4) Utility. I have every tool for every situation, like the worlds’ most fabulous swiss-army-knife.

• E) If I could only use one of the following, I’d stick with…

1) Glamours
2) Manipulations
3) Illusions
4) Punishment/Control

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

A- Dueling / Chaos / Inspiration / Domination
B- Inspiration / Domination / Dueling / Chaos
C- Dueling / Chaos / Domination / Inspiration
D- Dueling / Domination / Chaos / Inspiration
E- Inspiration / Chaos / Dueling / Domination

DOMINATION

You’ve probably got one of those looks.. the kind that make people uncomfortable when you stare at them, gets them all insecure and squirmy because they feel they’re wrong for arguing with you. You’re the type of Mesmer who likes to be in control of any given situation. You value others opinions, but when you believe you’re correct then it’ll take a battering ram to knock you from your ideals (a battering ram of unyielding logic no less). You’re either a natural leader or that person everyone hates to argue with, but either way you’re will is stronger than most others and you intend to get your way. Try to keep in mind that it’s impossible to always be right, and an alternate perspective isn’t a wrong one.

Your actions decide who will and won’t take action: No one will stomp your allies while you around. All those boons that opponent has? Gone, because you said so. Let no stability stop you, go and dominate your opponents.

• PvPLockdown is for you, and you’ll likely want Greatsword for it’s oppressive offense. You’re style is going to be hyper-aggressive in order to keep your enemies constantly trying to react to you rather than stage any sort of offense, and you’ll be often relying on active defense to stay alive rather than tankiness. A keen eye for paying attention to multiple enemies (and of course your allies) is important, and you’ll want to learn how to watch animations. If paired with Chaos, it doesn’t hurt to grab Staff.

Your best bet is to go Confounding SuggestionsShattered Concentration -Power Block. Your ideal utilities are Mantra of Distraction and Blink though Decoy and Signet of Domination could get fun.

Look into Sigils of Paralysis & Hydromancy / Runes of the Mesmer or Hoelbrak.

• PvE- You’re going to have to get a little chatty, and get really comfortable with the Focus. People who don’t play Mesmer or know dungeon runs well won’t know what you offer or how to best work with you. Explain how you lockdown bosses with reflects like Feedback and iWarden and make sure to type or link “Timewarp” before casts.

DUELING

You’re smart, and you know it. Probably a bit witty, slightly underappreciated, but always on-point when you need to be. You revel in precision and having things done accurately, having no tolerance for sloppiness in your execution, and would rather tackle problems one-at-a-time instead of all at once. You are your own worst enemy, because no one is a bigger critic of your actions than yourself. Yeah yeah, no one is perfect, but in your eyes, that’s no excuse not to try to be. In fact, the beauty of imperfection means we can never stop improving!
You are the reason people fear Mesmer. You’re the devourer of noobs, the burst in the night (Edit: Yeah, uh.. sounded better in my head), the endless army of illusions that smother your enemies both physuically and mentally. For you, the best Mesmer is one with the quickest reflexes. For your enemies, even the toughest have about 10 seconds until death.

• PvP – You’re the Shatter type, so match Dueling with Domination for a winning combination. The best traits for you are Deceptive Evasion and Blinding Dissipation. Get used to a Sword + torch to go along with Decoy and Blink to get all the mobility you need, making it a bit less risky to run around with that greatsword. Conditions will be your worst enemy, but if you’re good at what you do then in many cases you’ll only need one form of mitigation: Not getting hit! (Otherwise mantra of Resolve helps if you don’t trait into Inspiration). Oh, also, Portals will make you meta.

Consider Runes of the Pack or Runes of Lyssa / Sigils of Fire&Air along with Sigils of Energy

• PvE – Your world is one of Mantras, both for the damage boost and the utilities they bring. Instead of Deceptive Evasion go for Harmonious Mantras and be prepared to cycle through different mantras as the situation demands, leaving your other traits for Phantasms (and traiting mainhand sword, your highest DPS weapon).
    You’ll likely want Assassin’s gear if you’re not already in Full Zerker. Runes of the Scholar are one of your best bets.

CHAOS

You’ve tried to keep a wallet, or a planner. You may or may not flake on your next engagement depending on how important it is. Why do something now when you could do it later? Actually, lets just do it now and get it out of the way. You’re unpredictable and hard to follow, but that’s part of your charm. You may randomly plan a trip, or go exploring, or do something that makes everyone around you scratch their heads.. but it makes sense to you. You’re one of the “weirdos,” at least in your own head you are, and are simply allergic to the word ‘normal’. That’s cool, but don’t ever forget that everyone does everything for a reason. “I don’t know why I did that” is no excuse not to go find the answer, even when your heart is telling you something your mind disagrees with. Learn to study people, why do we make certain faces? What does that subtle change in tone mean? Normal people are predictable, read them like a book.

Chaos is a more PvP/WvW-oriented supplementary tree. There aren’t many builds you can create with a focus on Chaos, but it does compliment every other type of build. Shatter, Condition, Support, and Lockdown can all benefit from traits in Chaos. Master of Manipulation personifies a trait that will be almost universally useful, making both Mirror and Blink even more gooder as well as reducing the cooldown of one of our elites: Mass Invisibilty. (“gooder,” didn’t expect that right? How chaotic!)

Shatter – Prismatic Understanding
Support – Chaotic Dampening / Bountiful Disillusionment
Condition – Chaotic Transference / Prismatic Understanding
Lockdown – Chaotic Interruption / Chaotic Dampening

INSPIRATION

You’re that guy/girl. Y’know.. The one everyone loves because they’re always so friendly and giving. That’s you, the team teddy bear. You’re the one who makes people cringe when they hear you cuss – because the words actually MEAN something when they come from you! – and the one who everyone would jump to defend because they know that your side tends to be the right side. Perhaps you are giving to a fault, placing the needs of others above your own. Don’t fall into this trap! You’re not just some supporting character in another person’s life story, and you cannot let your own value be determined by how useful you are for other people. You are one of the rare good ones, but you have to make sure you’re set and strong before you can support others.

Though your words help, it is action that inspires people; be the change you want to see in the world.

• PvP – It looks like you’ll either be boonsharing, mantra healing or dropping some glamours. It is hard to build an inspiration-focused Mesmer that is effective, and as a result most people who focus on support usually REALLY LIKE the playstyle. As of now, the (tested) most effective support Mesmer is Dueling/Chaos/Inspiration Boonshare, but this build is not easy to learn nor is it optimal in every situation. You work very well with Guardians, but be careful not to become redundant if there is too much defense on your team already.
    You’ll want to invest in Staff and the best traits for you are Restorative Illusions for personal sustain, and Illusionary Inspiration though the other two grandmasters also make great options. If you’re going to heal with Mantras, invade your teammates’ personal space and use Mantra of Pain/Recovery for constant heals. Illusionary Defender, Illusion of Life, Signet of Inspiration, Mantra of Concentration are all good supportive options.
    Sigil of Speed is great for boonshare builds. As is Runes of Altruism while Runes of Mercy go great with Medic’s Feedback
  • PvE- This’ll be an important tree for no matter what build, as a traited focus is crucial for a lot of PvE content. You can still go boonsharing, essentially running Dom/Dueling/Inspiration but as with all PvE content keep in mind if the situation actually calls for it or not.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

(Uh.. Reserved?)

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

You have a lot of time on your hands. I miss those days.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

You have a lot of time on your hands. I miss those days.

xD I actually put this together bit-by-bit in 10-20 minuteish spurts over a week. (wish I could do the same for the grimoire)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I refuse to entertain this. Your community participation has gone to far!

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

While I always appreciate your writing, I give you the hand in this case for purposefully leaving out Illusions. I don’t leave home without it. I’ll come back when you’ve fixed it.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

This ….is…..AMAZING!!!
3 duel, 2 inspiration for me
I like shatter builds in pvp. However, I’m never really a fan of mantras in pve. I much rather enjoy using my stealth, pulls, and reflects to help the group rather than concentrating on direct damage.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I refuse to entertain this. Your community participation has gone to far!

Ha! You think that’s bad, I still am trying to figure out what possessed me to write this.

But uh.. That’s Chaos for you. You get strokes of Inspiration and you go with it. How else would you achieve Domination in a world where you feel like you’re constantly Dueling your own self-made Illusions?

(Ugh .. See I did it again. I write, stuff happens, I go with it.)

While I always appreciate your writing, I give you the hand in this case for purposefully leaving out Illusions. I don’t leave home without it. I’ll come back when you’ve fixed it.

/weep.

Aye sir.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Ok ok, Xstein was so excited I did it. Guess what

4 Domination
2 Domination
3 Domination
2 Domination
4 Domination

So there you go.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Chaos
Chaos
Inspiration
Chaos
Domination

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I am SUCH a well-rounded Mesmer.

2 Chaos
1 Inspiration
3 Domination
1 Dueling
1 Inspiration

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Insane! :o

Funny I get 1 Chaos, 2 Domination, 2 Duelling. But I don’t even play Dom/Due/Cha currently anyway.

The last one was a hard choice between blink and decoy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

3 chaos for me so true….
always running to the rescue, and love manipule ppl

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Chaos
Insp
Insp
Dueling
Chaos

So I’m a weirdo but smart and lovable. Really fitting. XD

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

And now thanks to one awesome reddit-person there’s an interactive webquiz! Pen and paper begone!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Dueling, Dueling, Domination, Domination, Chaos. Sounds about right…

in Mesmer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Chaos
Inspiration
Chaos
Chaos
Domination

Yeah…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Dueling
Chaos
Inspiration
Domination
Domination

That describes me quite well actually :o

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

1. Chaos (60%)
  2. Domination (40%)

I’m not surprised, considering I started as a full condition Mesmer, and can’t get enough of the Powers of Mindkitten.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

I got 40% Chaos, 40% Inspiration and 20% Dueling. I actually rarely take Chaos and would prefer to go without Dueling (hello Chronomancer!), I do almost always have Inspiration though. My other favourite is Illusions which isn’t on here so…

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

My other favourite is Illusions which isn’t on here so…

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: voteforwinners.9576

voteforwinners.9576

6 Domination
2 Dueling
2 Chaos

pretty accurate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reborn D.2769

Reborn D.2769

I got Duelling/Duelling/Domination/Chaos/ Chaos

Pu condi mesmer, or rupt.
That’s exactly me :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

domination / chaos / dueling / chaos / dueling

hmmm not quite right.

in sPvP imma
chaos / inspiration / illusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Titus.2085

Titus.2085

40% Chaos
40% Dueling
20% Inspiration

Almost accurate but somewhat on point. I love Eternity that much and it’s awesome to see my clones have the Eternity footfalls as they run towards the shatter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Such a lively forum this.

Domination
Chaos
Dueling
Domination
Chaos

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: goda.3572

goda.3572

Chaos Archangel, you HAVE TO add chronomancer in that quizz! Anyway, great fun completing it, 60 domination, 20 duel 20 inspiration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

Fun, I like doing quizzes and personaality tests XD …

40 % Chaos
40 % Domination
20 % Dueling.

Well I am pretty chaotic, and I play in a really chaotic fashion ( aka like a noob)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Happicakes.2054

Happicakes.2054

A.) 4, B.) 2, C.) 1, D.) 2, E.) 2
60% Domination, 20% Dueling, 20% Chaos

I think I may have some issues to work out…

Wasn’t too far off the mark (currently running GS/Staff Interrupt w. Domination/Chaos/Inspiration). I loved the quiz; TY for sharing/posting!

Celeste Dalenset – Mesmer/Chronomancer
Officer – League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esethia.9257

Esethia.9257

60% Duelling
20% Inspiration
20% Domination

“You are your own worst enemy” I guess I already knew that, everything I do must be perfect!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

40 Chaos, 40 Domination, 20 Dueling

I’d say that was rather accurate

kitten it Chaos! You’re one cool poster on these forums <3

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

So I completed the quiz and guess what I am who I am in game.

60%CHAOS
40%Dueling

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

It says that I am 80% teddy bear :<

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

It told me to go play Guardian, i didn’t think that was even a possibility..

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

After the next Chronomancer BWE, the Chrono version will be out (which’ll include Illusions so skcamow & embolism can stop giving me dirty looks)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

After the next Chronomancer BWE, the Chrono version will be out (which’ll include Illusions so skcamow & embolism can stop giving me dirty looks)

Can you slot the killshot warrior option in there somewhere too?