The blocker [video]

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

another vid with the blocker build (i named it)

7 sec ele killing

:D

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Willing to share the build? :> I’m interested and for playing barely pvp, if I do I’d like to have fun there ^.^

dat music tough :S

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Willing to share the build? :> I’m interested and for playing barely pvp, if I do I’d like to have fun there ^.^

dat music tough :S

build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArc7encfClph1qBeoBEgilnj6sACgDDdxynDoeQP0FF-TJRHwA72fAZZAAPBgAnEAA
though if you starter in mesmer go for staff at first. as this weapon set may not be fun at the start
music – “back from the dead” (for me as i used to play double scepter and nerf after nerf condi mesmer is still here… and also “immortality”….

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Yeah you got the basics for a good mesmer in your build. Different variations in amulets & rune can be played with the same line of traits with positive outcome. To bad power shatter build is still to weak or frail compare to the condi build. Nice vid. i like it.

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Cool video. I’m definitely going to try out the same build (maybe different heal)

You do really well even though you only have one stunbreak. I think that will be my challenge.

Thx for sharing!

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Cool video. I’m definitely going to try out the same build (maybe different heal)

You do really well even though you only have one stunbreak. I think that will be my challenge.

Thx for sharing!

lol i mainly use the blink for movement and disengage and not for stunbreak. i try not get stun.

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caffeine.6724

Caffeine.6724

Would you modify this build in any way for WvW use?? it looks really interesting thats for sure. I’d be curious how you’d gear etc for WvW – possibly celestial?

Frocusd 80 Engineer

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Ok, I’m gonna say it. Is it a new build when it’s simply the meta chrono build of S2 but with guardian runes?

Sure you dropped staff and took scepter/sword, but even I did that in S2 (since I don’t favor staff XD )

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

Ok, I’m gonna say it. Is it a new build when it’s simply the meta chrono build of S2 but with guardian runes?

Sure you dropped staff and took scepter/sword, but even I did that in S2 (since I don’t favor staff XD )

Well, that’s a good question. For sure, weapons give a different flavour to builds which use same trees. So do amulets, traits and to less extent runes, sigils and utilities.

Naming a build though, is something to do carefully. I am fine with “the blocker” since it uses so many blocks from weapons, but by nameing the build, it sounds like you want to coin something completely new. Messiah could have done something new if he went inspiration and he did not take restorative illusions, or torment in Illusions. That would have set the build apart from the meta which uses the same trees. Those traits are so strong that define the build.

I am using meta build, but with viper amulet and mantra heal and berserker runes. Is it a new build? No, it’s a meta variation to suit my play style better.

I think Messiah tried to move away from meta but found that it is really difficult to do so and ended up switching things here and there and didn’t even noticed he was posting just a variation of it.

Don’t be mean Ross!

(edited by trooper.2650)

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

guy relax i gave it a name not because its new build just becuase it suite it the most. blocks

also i remember ppl ask why we dont see more new build names and funny name etc…

so here it is.

its not new build its new concept of blocking which is not the meta

disclaimer: any build posted by me is not mine. its just a build which use 3 trait lines weapons and amulets and sigils. basically anyone could comeup with this so relax

(edited by messiah.1908)

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

also i use this in S1 so what does it mean now. i used it before the meta?

can i name it now

i used chornobunker (still do) before it was meta ….

i use lots of builds as you know and test build and combine ideas. once in a while i name one

so instead of answering the the question “what build you use?”

“oh i use the meta but doable scepter guards rune” you can say “i use the blocker” . much shorter…

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

is it not better to take 2 distincts main hand weapon ? I play something like that but with scepter/torch, sword shield for example .Taking 2 times the same weapon means that when you have one side in cd and you switch, your skills are already in cd .

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

is it not better to take 2 distincts main hand weapon ? I play something like that but with scepter/torch, sword shield for example .Taking 2 times the same weapon means that when you have one side in cd and you switch, your skills are already in cd .

sword doesnt bring much to the table with condi pressure only evade frame mainly

scepter has 4 sec cd block , 7 sec #3 and give you the benefit to switch weapon which proc sigils and having still the ability to pressure with the scepter which is condi weapon and range one. so to lose it to melee sword which hardly does any dmg ….

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

sword doesnt bring much to the table with condi pressure only evade frame mainly

scepter has 4 sec cd block , 7 sec #3 and give you the benefit to switch weapon which proc sigils and having still the ability to pressure with the scepter which is condi weapon and range one. so to lose it to melee sword which hardly does any dmg ….

I understand your pount but when you have scepter skills on cd you have only autoattack to make damage and it seems to me weaker than having 2 weapons , but perhaps i am wrong

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I understand your pount but when you have scepter skills on cd you have only autoattack to make damage and it seems to me weaker than having 2 weapons , but perhaps i am wrong

Generally speaking, when I run scepter/sword I’ll sit in it without the need to swap, and that’s without traiting it for the additional CD. So CD’s arent really a problem with this setup.

That said, I do take sw/shield and use it as a heavy defensive exchange for when I want to eat a ton of pressure from multiple opponents. Also sword can allow me to teleport up to ledges where opponents are, which is huge even for the cost of no damage on sword.

The blocker [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

When chrono first got announced in the HoT preview, I actually tried to make this build. I didn’t quite understand how the shield block worked, so I gave up on it.

I haven’t been doing much pvp this season, but I have made a WvW roaming version of this build. The traits are all the same. With trailblazer armor and weapons plus signet of midnight and food, the condi duration is 70%. That makes the burning procs a lot more valuable. Here’s a bad fight where I’m testing it – the only interesting part is at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEpnXoTdAiE

Ross, I think the point about how it’s different than the meta build happens when the DH puts down his last trap. Now, shield becomes an offensive tool that lets me stack lots of burning for a big burst of damage. Of course, it’s very similar to meta, but that is a fun mechanic

The only other thing I’m trying that’s interesting is using Well of Precognition. Three applications of aegis means three more blocks. That’s a little more burning damage, but it’s also a way to extend the duration where you’re blocking even longer – which can be fun for frustrating people.