The inevitable WvW Confusion nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

This is complete nonsense. Confusion does NOT need a nerf and neither do glam abilities. I wonder if the OP has ever played a confusion build in WvW? The game was well designed by Anet so if you trait for one area of expertise you get weaker in another. If you trait for confusion you do so at a great expense, namely you are very weak in 1v1 or small group encounters. Thieves and warriors who can cure conditions easily make mincemeat of you most times. Yes, confusion glam builds can be useful in Zerg situations, but only if you nail the placement of your AOE effects AND the Zerg is noobish enough to not clear conditions or hold off spamming abilities. I play WvW constantly and I can tell you that this perfect placement situation happens about two or three times in a three hour game. When it does hit, confusion is useful in pushing back or breaking up zergs, yes. But in killing players? Not so much. If anything confusion needs a buff. Yes, I said it. Running a confusion build is fun until you realize it rarely downs players on it’s own. Even with the right armor, your confusion will tick 800-900 about 3 times on each player before it ends. On a good hit. That’s hardly gonna down anyone. I got 21k HP, and when I get confusion it hardly hurts me. I usually don’t even both waiting it out. I actually re-traited away from confusion because of a lack of survivability and not enough dam output. Burning is a MUCH more powerful condition. Personally, I think the OP has a main for another class and wants a nerf to mesmers in WvW but instead they post about the “inevitable nerf” like they’re against it. As it stands Mesmers are one of the ONLY counters to mindless mega zerg rushes in the game. And not even that effective a counter at that. Especially after the TW nerf, please leave our confusion / glam alone. It’s fine. Rant ends here.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

(edited by Entropy.4732)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Entropy

You didn’t read is post at all.

He think confusion SHOULDN’T be nerfed. I’m not even siding with him but I can read a post.

He also play an engineer and a mesmer. I know him from the engineer forum because he made some good post about a 100% increased duration for condition with the giver weapon.

At least if you are going to respond in an aggresive manner, at least read the post to know you are responding to someone with the same opinion then you.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

@ Kard I did read his post. Very carefully. And I’m sorry if my post sounded aggressive. It’s my Italian background. I never said the OP stated he wanted a confusion nerf, he didn’t. I was just pointing out that many times posters who want a nerf often post a “This nerf is inevitable, there is no hope, this is the reality of what will happen” kind of post. Now in reality he may not want a nerf. In which case, don’t post about it. By posting, he’s actually, intentional or not, making an argument for a nerf by stating that confusion is OP as a fact. It’s not a fact. It’s not OP. And it’s dangerous to post stuff like this because it can start rumors that confusion IS OP. I love this class and I don’t want another nerf. Engineers were nerfed into the ground. Mesmers are just right. Let’s leave it alone.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Entropy

Confusion nerf have already been talked about many time.

If you find good counter argument, you can save confusion from the “nerf” because Anet read the forum.

He prolly wanted to test the water with mesmer, because many engineer (me being one of them) felt confusion were getting too strong, especially with giver weapon/cond duration rune.

It better to discute it like that, then to wait for some random guy to post a fake screen shot and call it overpowered. (some guy did that with 100nade build, showing a fake screenshot of a 24k damage 100nade combo, which Karl from Anet used as an example for the 100nade nerf).

Well nerf are OK in my book, as long as they make another aspect of the class attracting.

When they nerfed kit refinement for the first time in january, they also buffed Prybar, which made new build (confusion build) possible. It’s actually a good thing because you got to experiment new builds.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

I don’t really think it’ll happen, but I would like to see the mechanics of confusion changed. Instead of stacking in intensity it should be a base damage that removes a stack for every skill you use while you have it on you. This limits the amount of damage it does while still making it viable in a condition spec’d built. The same should be done for retaliation.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

As the title says I think its only a matter of time before confusion is nerfed in WvW. Personally I think it’s fine and actually forces people to run condition removal, but as I’ve seen with the Engineer forums, there’s a high likelihood it will get nerfed. I would really like to see a statement regarding this from ANET to see if this will happen or not.

If a glass cannon thief unstealths and I do nothing for 3 seconds, I die.
If I get 20 stacks of confusion on me and do nothing for 3 seconds, I take 0 damage.

…and you want to nerf confusion?

Absolutely not! I want to see it alive and well. I love my Engineers prybar and my Mesmer’s glamour build, but I’ve been seeing so many people whine about it that I have a feeling it’s coming. If I knew they’d never touch confusion I would make my Mesmer my main instead of my Engineer.

@Goloith

I know you from the engi forum and I know you make build based around condition duration.

And you know as much as I do, that perma stack at least 5 confusion stack on someone is something really strong in WvW when the condition can hit for at least 3k on a basic HGH engineer.

You can nearly perma stack it only with prybar, nothing else. That’s crazy.

You can have 3 way to send confusion on the ennemy, and can use them each 10-15 second. Most people don’t have 3 condition removal over 15 second. And that’s if you don’t hide your confusion stack behind bleed/weakness/cripple ect.

I’d say that there is really only two confusion based abilities at one time. If you’re running HGH you will pickup toolkit for the prybar, but won’t pick up bombkit on top of that because then it becomes worthless to spec HGH. As far as removing it let’s take a look at what other professions can do:
-Engineer: Elixir C, Elixir C toolbelt, 409 (4 more) Total = 6 condition removal

-Mesmer: Arcane Theivery (3 stacks), Null Field (AoE removal), Mantra (two stacks), = 3+ AoE condition removal

-Elementalist: Etheral Renewal, Signet of Water, Cleansing Fire, = 3 + Cure over time condition removal

-Guardian: Signet of Resolve, Contempt of purity, let alone 3 shouts for removal if speced = 5 condition removal

-Necro: Well of power, Plague signet, …..hell this class wants conditions on them = 2 + massive damage from conditions

-Ranger: Healing Spring, Signet of renewal = 2 Condition removal

-Thief: Withdrawal, Roll for intitive, Shadowstep, = 3 condition removal

-Warrior: Mending, Signet of Stamina, +2-3 Condition removal if speced into it. = 2 – 4 condition removal

On top of that one could run a Human character if they want even more condition removal.

There is ample condition removal in the game and people can’t have everything…..

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

(edited by Goloith.6349)

in Mesmer

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

I have a confusion build, the only time I kill anyone is when they attack me with it on. Other than that I have 0 / zero / nada capabilities to kill them. The only other thing I do is desperately try to survive until my shatters aren’t on cooldown.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

As the title says I think its only a matter of time before confusion is nerfed in WvW. Personally I think it’s fine and actually forces people to run condition removal, but as I’ve seen with the Engineer forums, there’s a high likelihood it will get nerfed. I would really like to see a statement regarding this from ANET to see if this will happen or not.

If I get 20 stacks of confusion on me and do nothing for 3 seconds, I take 0 damage.

If I get 20 stacks of confusion on me and I dodge on my guardian, I get hit by 7k damage.

and you don’t want to nerf confusion?

Look, I’m fine with confusion. Just tweak it so it doesn’t hit on things like guardian’s dodge heal etc.

If you are a guardian and confusion mesmers are giving you trouble:

1. Read your opponents quickly, determine whether it’s a DPS spec or confusion spec.

2. If confusion, make sure you stop using direct healing abilities, including dodge heal. (Dodge Heal is on the same level of OPness as confusion, both are 50% in sPvP)

3. Keep regeneration up as much as possible. Failing that, at least keep resolve up.

This will guarantee you do not die. You then have 2 possible routes going on depending on your spec.

4. If heal spec – you are being hard countered. Just walk away.

5. If DPS spec – you likely have a hammer, use it to spike the mesmer down as soon as chaos armor and confusion fade.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

Confusion kills bad and inattentive players. If anything confusion needs to be buffed in sPvP because it’s bloody useless there.

I play Mesmer, Warrior, Ranger, and Elementalist in WvW. Two of those classes have the worst condition clearing in the game, yet I rarely ever die to confusion. If you have confusion on you: clear it or walk away until it runs out; it’s not rocket science.

In a 1v1 situation, if you cannot clear confusion, just wait for the duration to run out. The mesmer is most likely wearing rabid gear which means he does kitten for damage outside of confusion and relies on you being an idiot and killing yourself.

In a zerg situation, the same strategy applies except you also have teammates around you to clear confusion for you.

BTW, I don’t run confusion specs on my mesmer anymore. I can already kill bad players, so I’d rather have half a chance at killing competent players with a power spec.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oakfloorboard.3785

oakfloorboard.3785

i think they should buff sPvP confusion to the same levels as PvE and WvW.

confusion needs to deal a lot of damage so that it is a threat.
you need to make an active choice in combat. do i wait out confusion or do i risk action?
without the damage to give confusion teeth it will be a useless condition.
dying from confusion because you “were not paying attention” is never what anything should be nerfed for.

you already have to build pretty heavily to make it threatening – maybe buff other options to give Mesmer more viable builds?

—Fort Aspenwood—

in Mesmer

Posted by: Christos.4208

Christos.4208

Use nurisments -40% condition duration instead of 100 pow +10 cd good players know how to adapt and u come here saying inevitable to mesmers? that in evry patch we get something nerf? cry more try harder

in Mesmer

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

If you’ve played a confusion-built Mesmer, you’ll know that outside of confusion, our damage output is pretty dismal. If an enemy cleanses our confusion burst(s), we can do little but defend and hope we don’t die whilst waiting for our skills to be ready again. I think that fact that we have to spec heavily into confusion to make it really worthwhile is great enough a cost for the damage we can potentially get from it.

That said, I can’t speak for the Engi. I don’t feel a nerf is necessary, though.

Yeah, you have to sell out your build and skillbar to confusion to make it worthwhile and the condition damage you carry doesn’t apply to much other than the confusion and bleeds. Mesmer is not a class that can cycle through its weapon skills and keep up conditions like an Engineer, Ranger or such.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Use nurisments -40% condition duration instead of 100 pow +10 cd good players know how to adapt and u come here saying inevitable to mesmers? that in evry patch we get something nerf? cry more try harder

…..obviously you didn’t read the OP or read what other players have to say. I never said I want confusion to be nerfed, but many professions that do not have access to confusion are whining. Gosh, people need to learn to read the forum before they post.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Hm, maybe let’s do some basic math. Correct my if I’m wrong somehow and sorry if I sound a bit confused, I drank some whine: at level 80 and ~2000 condition damage, which is with full exo rabid equip, runes of the undead, veggie pizza, tuning crystal, 20 traited in chaos (you probably won’t invest another five in chaotic transference), 30 in illusions and 25 stacks of sigil of corruption (which means you killed 25 players or mobs without dying before!) plus some might stacks maybe, you’re dealing 430 damage per stack of confusion per skill use. Cripple yourself totally and you might be at 2100, which would eqal 445 damage. Yay.
If you’re really lucky, you’ll be able to run into a zerg, spawn three illusions and shatter them with cry of frustration before they die in AE (if you don’t use mirror images right in the zerg, it’s unlikely they’ll survive long enough to be shattered). As a glamour mesmer, you probably don’t have illusionary persona in favor of blinding befuddlement, so that’s 6 stacks of confusion. Let’s say you use one of your fields, feedback maybe, and really manage to apply another five stacks of confusion via confusing images to a few enemies in line, which already becomes unlikely because you’re right in the zerg and it’s a three second channel (anyway, scepter only has a range of 900). That would be 12 stacks of confusion on five players standing real close, which means 5160 _damage per skill use.
WHOA.
Too bad they can just dodge away, which will mean one skill use at best only if they trigger some effect on dodge, and wait a few seconds until that confusion wears off while the mesmer either has half his skills on cooldown or died.
Umm… doesn’t sound that great, actually.
In 1vs1, it’s not really better, there’s a reason they buffed confusing images so you can actually hit another mesmer, ranger, necro or whatever instead of his minions. A single enemy can just take care, the illusionary images animation is pretty obvious (can be coupled nicely with a torch tough if they didn’t nerf that lately).
Under controlled conditions, which means in PvE, I can use all my skills to apply ~16 stacks of confusion to a single target, which means 6880 damage with perfect timing. And then I’m pretty much done, waiting for cooldowns. Ever tried that on a risen brute who’s using like what, one skill per minute and then loses one third of its health? On dragons and so on, it’s not even worth trying. PvP, also “not so great” after the nerf.
Ok, forget PvE. The only way confusion really works is when you sacrifice any other capabilities for it and when the enemy is unaware. Granted, that happens often in zergs, but should be remove everything from the game that hurts brainless buttonsmashers?
Maybe there can be more intelligent ways to make confusion work, like this proposal I can’t really think through now as I’m already quite drunk A simple damage nerf like in PvP wouldn’t work though, as relying on confusion now is useless there when you can simply go for power with illusionary persona and mind wrack like crazy at high damage on half the cooldown.
I always considered confusion not to be meant to kill players, unless they’re unaware (don’t wanna say stupid) – it’s more like a stopping power, prevent people from doing anything at all. It heavily punishes brainless auto attackers and button smashers, which is exactly what it should be like.
In WvW, you’ll probably have like ~5 stacks on you when multiple mesmers use their glamour skills or other classes whatever skills they have because it’s much more efficient to tag multiple enemies than just waste high stacks on few targets. Usually, I don’t have any confusion on me at all or it deals negligible damage, which is quite funny considering I’m running with zergs a lot and confusion is said to be op shrug
Actually, I just went glamour because it’s an easy way to tag for loot. Now that I have all the badges I need for eternity, I’m back to playing a power spec because it’s much more versatile, intuitive, lazy and fun and the same time. No big surprise considering all weapons, even those focusing on conditions, profit way more from power than from condition damage, including shatters.

/e: forum cencors 5160_damage, wtf.

/e²: llllllelelelele blarp. Goodnight.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

If I get 20 stacks of confusion on me and I dodge on my guardian, I get hit by 7k damage.

and you don’t want to nerf confusion?

Look, I’m fine with confusion. Just tweak it so it doesn’t hit on things like guardian’s dodge heal etc.

7k?well maybe u got hit by confusing images right before, but 7k is not the number u get for dodging out of confusion. The ticks will start though, but that can be prevented with condition removals. I could only see such high numbers(and no, not 7k)if u are unlucky enough to stand right on the edge of my 2 glamfields and fight……

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: grimmson.9154

grimmson.9154

7k confusion hits?
either it was in the time frame where shattered might was op or you were hit by 2 confusion mesmers.
so what? if you were hit by 2 backstab thieves and got hit by 14k would you cry a river on the forum?
confusion in wvw is fine you got plenty of retreats and nobody carey about small dogfihts (aka tpvp).
nerf confusion in wvw? buff mesmer bleed/burn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

The confusion nerf I support is it not hurting people with on dodge roll traits. If you push a button it should hurt but classes who have on dodge roll traits, even if they are minor traits are additionally punished because now they can’t dodge either. This is unfair and should be changed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

I’m a little biased because I have a mesmer but even using only one condition removal skill (Null Field) in WvW, I am able to survive 15+ stacks of confusion. It’s really just being more aware of what skills you are using, utilizing water fields from eles, etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The most confusing thing is what the hell is taking the devs so long?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

It’s actually a good question. And I really won’t mind seeing the Pry Bar go.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

I’d agree that taking confusion damage on attunement swapping or “On dodge” traits is silly.

But i’d only be OK with a WvW confusion nerf to keep it in line with the sPvP confusion damage -if- they hard cap crit damage to what it is on sPvP as well.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: ishlilith.3085

ishlilith.3085

To be fair the could make it a heavy (2-3 times the current damage) blow that triggers from everything except autoattack and then it’s gone.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Remove the confusion on dodge roll that way those classes aren’t hit as hard but in all seriousness confusion doesn’t need a nerf beyond that… If anything it needs love in sPvP because people can just laugh it off unless it is a SUBSTANTIAL stack… They can’t do that with bleeding or burning really… especially with bleeding.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Confusion kills bad and inattentive players. If anything confusion needs to be buffed in sPvP because it’s bloody useless there.

I play Mesmer, Warrior, Ranger, and Elementalist in WvW. Two of those classes have the worst condition clearing in the game, yet I rarely ever die to confusion. If you have confusion on you: clear it or walk away until it runs out; it’s not rocket science.

In a 1v1 situation, if you cannot clear confusion, just wait for the duration to run out. The mesmer is most likely wearing rabid gear which means he does kitten for damage outside of confusion and relies on you being an idiot and killing yourself.

In a zerg situation, the same strategy applies except you also have teammates around you to clear confusion for you.

BTW, I don’t run confusion specs on my mesmer anymore. I can already kill bad players, so I’d rather have half a chance at killing competent players with a power spec.

Agreed, Mesmer confusion does not need a nerf, instead buff it back to normal in PvP. Only bad Thieves ever die from it in my experience.

There is already way more Elementalists, Guardians, Thieves and Rangers running around in WvW. We need more diversity among the professions, not less. Like in PvP where Mesmer became a rarity after the nerf.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

U guys gotta see though that EVERY class has their abilities and yes confusion is a powerful tool, but think of it this way:warriors can stun and lock enemies down and have great boons and swiftness plus frenzy )I knw it got nerfed), Thieves have stealth and high dps and crit, plus can stun enemies and poison them, Engineers have pretty much all of it can stun and lock down enemies, burn them, confuse them, poison them and deal high dmg, mesmers have pretty much no other conditions to apply and in general a lower dps than other classes, Necros can perma poison u, stun and fear u and have a much higher healthpool than mesmers and thieves.

We all have out pros and cons. the way the nerfed confusion in spvp wouldnt work for wvw as we are facing multiple enemies where in spvp it was op vs 1 or 2 enemies but vs a group its different. I think the classes are slowly starting to balance and instead of nerfing them(apart from stealth and a few other thiev traits that can be spammed might need 1 or 2 sec longer cooldowns)id rather see some classes buffed and fixed.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: qprime.5634

qprime.5634

I’ve felt one of the core abilities of a mesmer in GW1 and GW2 has been to punish a player for an action, i. e., a confusion mesmer. In GW1 players would remove the condition or wait for it to expire. It seems that the current meta in GW2 WvWvW players are bad and don’t know what conditions are affecting them. I have to wonder if this thread would exist if players watched their condition bar.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

I’ve felt one of the core abilities of a mesmer in GW1 and GW2 has been to punish a player for an action, i. e., a confusion mesmer. In GW1 players would remove the condition or wait for it to expire. It seems that the current meta in GW2 WvWvW players are bad and don’t know what conditions are affecting them. I have to wonder if this thread would exist if players watched their condition bar.

pretty much this^
as i am a glam mesmer i am very aware of confusion annd when i get hit i back off and heal right away or cast nullfield around me…problem sloved!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Depending on your class you need to see what builds you can run… I will say right now tho any bunker build I don’t care what class you are if you plan to be a full tank you can’t kill me haha bunker… Run runes of melandru… because No matter what your passive condi removal (a lot of classes have this) will not be able to keep up with the ones being applied… My bunker guard laughs at corrupt boon (unless its 2 corrupt boons then Im screwed but yay teamwork). And WvW confusion is fine as it is it punishes mindless zergs and PvP confusion needs some love because currently it is secondary to our damage where as it should really be a source of it.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cybranid.4952

Cybranid.4952

Okay, clearly people are complaining about Mesmers. In that case, I completely agree, their confusion needs to be nerfed. And I repeat THEIR confusion, not anyone else’s. They apply it too quickly and with too many abilities for too long. I understand they’re a confusion class but they need to be sorted out.

I play a confusion specced Engineer, and I can’t get up to 20 or so stacks like a mesmer. I can only get to 12 stacks if I’m VERY lucky. Prybar is a melee ability, and so someone can evade or block it. Static shot only applies 2 stacks of confusion for a shorter amount of time, while the Concussion Bomb in the Bomb Kit needs to be within JUST over melee range, unless you have a trait, but even still if someone can get away, you miss it. Engineers can still be killed by any class even if 3/3 of their confusion abilities hit, while Mesmers can just spam confusion and murder everything. I have a mesmer friend who can kill 5 people of any class with his confusion build, it’s absolutely ridiculous.

To get a few things straight with confusion:
1. In real life, if you were dazed and confused and such, by evading with an athletic jump or combat roll COULD get you hurt.
2. In real life, if you were confused as in GW2, you could hurt yourself by swapping weapons, perhaps accidentally pulling a trigger on your pistol, hitting yourself with a mace or slicing/stabbing yourself with a dagger or sword.
3. If you were confused as in GW2, you could very well mess something up like healing yourself, or raising a shield to block attacks. You could smash said shield into your head.
4. Adding to number 3, messing up a healing ability could reduce the health given, which is taken off by the confusion.

A-Net wants this game to be as realistic as possible, so taking off confusion damage when using defensive abilities and evading and healing and what-not is ridiculous. They also want it to be the preferred game of many MMORPG players, and so reality is something to take into consideration. Just because it’s a high fantasy game, doesn’t mean you can throw away physics and possible REAL elements of things.

I am going to say this once more, nerf how frequently Mesmers can apply confusion, instead of completely throwing the entire condition away. You want to even out the game without weakening other classes, and without destroying certain builds and making them completely ineffective.

This build is also one of their most effective ones, if not the only one against most classes, seeing as their 100nades build was nerfed, yet the Warriors 100Blades Glasscannon build is still in effect and one shotting people. If A-Net reduces confusion COMPLETELY, Engineers will be maimed. So please, take into consideration what I’ve just said, and DO NOT destroy another good but not OP Engineer build. Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and I hope it influences everyone’s minds and perhaps those of the Developers, to do the right thing for a class, and a condition.

(edited by Cybranid.4952)

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Okay, clearly people are complaining about Mesmers. In that case, I completely agree, their confusion needs to be nerfed. And I repeat THEIR confusion, not anyone else’s. They apply it too quickly and with too many abilities for too long. I understand they’re a confusion class but they need to be sorted out.

I play a confusion specced Engineer, and I can’t get up to 20 or so stacks like a mesmer. I can only get to 12 stacks if I’m VERY lucky. Prybar is a melee ability, and so someone can evade or block it. Static shot only applies 2 stacks of confusion for a shorter amount of time, while the Concussion Bomb in the Bomb Kit needs to be within JUST over melee range, unless you have a trait, but even still if someone can get away, you miss it. Engineers can still be killed by any class even if 3/3 of their confusion abilities hit, while Mesmers can just spam confusion and murder everything. I have a mesmer friend who can kill 5 people of any class with his confusion build, it’s absolutely ridiculous.

This build is also one of their most effective ones, if not the only one against most classes, seeing as their 100nades build was nerfed, yet the Warriors 100Blades Glasscannon build is still in effect and one shotting people. If A-Net reduces confusion COMPLETELY, Engineers will be maimed. So please, take into consideration what I’ve just said, and DO NOT destroy another good but not OP Engineer build.

A confusion specced engineer is quite an amazing thing… You are also failing to mention that 2 of your 3 confusion skills last 5 seconds most mesmer confusion skills last 3 and static shot will bounce back to the main target depending on other targets in the area so it is 4 stacks of confusion… Currently the only outright skill mesmers have that stack confusion above 3 is confusing images…. if we are fully specced for confusion then yes it will be devastating… Just like an engineer that is fully specced for conditions across the board… You are also forgetting the other conditions that come with the bomb kit and tool kit… Mesmer really only gets confusion…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

If they nerf confusion, zergs will be even more prominent than they are now.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

If they nerf confusion, zergs will be even more prominent than they are now.

What bugs me is that people are exaggerating about the effectiveness of confusion against groups the way they typically seem to do with everything else on the boards. Numbers get inflated through the Chinese whispers game, traits and builds are blurred together, classes are suddenly capable of everything at once, etc.

I would put hard money on the fact that a full condi damage glamour Mes will rarely get more than two or three certified pure confusion kills per week of play. To die only to confusion, someone has to be seriously going out of their way to kill themselves. The only opportunity to even apply fields is usually at the gate since the zerg seldom stands still anyway.

When I’m feeling a bit playful, I find a zerg and toss FB + Staff #5 under it. Know what they’re usually taking the most damage from? The FB bubble: i.e. their own attacks. If confusion is done for, reflection will be the last thing one can hope to use against the zergs. And I guarantee the same arguments will come out about reflection too.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

To get a few things straight with confusion:
1. In real life, if you were dazed and confused and such, by evading with an athletic jump or combat roll COULD get you hurt.
2. In real life, if you were confused as in GW2, you could hurt yourself by swapping weapons, perhaps accidentally pulling a trigger on your pistol, hitting yourself with a mace or slicing/stabbing yourself with a dagger or sword.
3. If you were confused as in GW2, you could very well mess something up like healing yourself, or raising a shield to block attacks. You could smash said shield into your head.
4. Adding to number 3, messing up a healing ability could reduce the health given, which is taken off by the confusion.

A-Net wants this game to be as realistic as possible, so taking off confusion damage when using defensive abilities and evading and healing and what-not is ridiculous. They also want it to be the preferred game of many MMORPG players, and so reality is something to take into consideration. Just because it’s a high fantasy game, doesn’t mean you can throw away physics and possible REAL elements of things.

I am going to say this once more, nerf how frequently Mesmers can apply confusion, instead of completely throwing the entire condition away. You want to even out the game without weakening other classes, and without destroying certain builds and making them completely ineffective.

This build is also one of their most effective ones, if not the only one against most classes, seeing as their 100nades build was nerfed, yet the Warriors 100Blades Glasscannon build is still in effect and one shotting people. If A-Net reduces confusion COMPLETELY, Engineers will be maimed. So please, take into consideration what I’ve just said, and DO NOT destroy another good but not OP Engineer build. Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and I hope it influences everyone’s minds and perhaps those of the Developers, to do the right thing for a class, and a condition.

obviously you have not thought this quite through and show, that u don’t know confusion well enough.

First of all engineers stack confusion pretty much with the same speed if not faster than mesmers

Our skills have a longer cooldowns than yours (i assume you are an engineer)

other classes can use multiple conditions and stack them too (I got hit by a 1500 per tick bleed before)

a mesmer sacrifices a lot of other traits and has no direct power if glam speced in order to get very high confusion ticks, what does your class sacrifice? how high is your autoattack?213 like mine?

think about it, befor you guys start the ’witch-hunt"

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

the amount of AOE condition removal that’s in the current meta is insane. If you run with the massive zerg blob, chances are that your friendly neighborhood guardians have removed more conditions off yourself than you would on your own by the end of the night… hah. But seriously, the only complaint I could understand is confusion ticking on dodge rolls.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I see a bunch of people defending an OP condition.

I like how yall defend it because it kills zergs….mmkay thats not OP.

Also love how spvp confusion is 50% less damage but yall thinkvthats too low