The inevitable WvW Dodge Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: qprime.5634

qprime.5634

I’ ve been reading the other profession and WvW forums and concluded a dodge nerf is coming. There is a lot of frustration in the ele and thief forums about targets dodging their high powered dragon tooth and backstab attacks. Why have high damage attacks if players can just dodge them? Arenanet must be looking into this as dodging is imbalanced for professions that rely on stationary targets to hit their combos.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

I’ ve been reading the other profession and WvW forums and concluded a dodge nerf is coming. There is a lot of frustration in the ele and thief forums about targets dodging their high powered dragon tooth and backstab attacks. Why have high damage attacks if players can just dodge them? Arenanet must be looking into this as dodging is imbalanced for professions that rely on stationary targets to hit their combos.

Remove dodge altogether for every class. It’s OP and prevents players from getting off burst skills effectively.

In all honesty, without the vigor/dodges on mesmer, we’d be toast to any other class. I disagree with you wholeheartedly. If a mesmer dodges all of your attacks, it sounds like you need to time your strikes a LOT better or get the mesmer to burn their dodges.

L2 kitten ue.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Dodge nerf lols. Get a grip.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Awesome thread, lolz at the first two replies. Xavi nab you should know better!

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: woopwop.9281

woopwop.9281

I for one agree wholeheartedly with the OP. In fact, I think they need to look at strafing too. Too many times I aim a skill at someone only to have them sidestep it. Ridiculous IMO.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

When I hit a skill, I want the opposing player’s W, A, S, and D keys to stop working until my skill hits as well. It’s too hard to hit someone who moves at all, let alone dodging.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Personally, I find fighting to be too troublesome. There’s way too much uncertainty, and that’s bad for a game that wants to be an e-sport. When I hit my skill, it should just log the other person out and give me a loot bag. Then the game will be purely skill-based, and everyone will be happy.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Awesome thread, lolz at the first two replies. Xavi nab you should know better!

Darn. I got baited. Well played OP, well played.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

HOW would you fall for that? lol… This is classic way to play on the dooms day prophecies of late.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

I for one agree wholeheartedly with the OP. In fact, I think they need to look at strafing too. Too many times I aim a skill at someone only to have them sidestep it. Ridiculous IMO.

what are you talking about, you got autofacing in Guild Wars 2, which takes 0 skill.
How about an aimbot too?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

im guessing this has to do with that stupid confusion thread? Agreed!!!!!! nerf dodge and i’d also suggest to remove all ranged weapons from wvw. imagine how much realistic gw2 would’ve been if all were going sword against sword. But if they keep ranged weapons, they better add bullet drop and bullet delay or its not realistic enough. Plus where’s the recoil on rifles? This is 2013 not when Halo:CE was released… add recoil!@

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Agreed, people being able to dodge things is simply unbalanced. The dodge is the counter to effectively every attack in the game…simply dodge and the attack misses. Nothing should be impossible to counter like that. Dodge needs to be nerfed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Guys, you really need to improve your skill in this game. Actually, dodge is what makes this game fun at pvp, cause without it it’d be a boring spamming-skill game.

If you want to press skill 1, 2, 3, 4 and kill the other, this is not your game…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Guys, you really need to improve your skill in this game. Actually, dodge is what makes this game fun at pvp, cause without it it’d be a boring spamming-skill game.

If you want to press skill 1, 2, 3, 4 and kill the other, this is not your game…

lol… This entire thread is a troll thread and most of the respondents are trolls just laughing at other doomsday posts… Noone here seriously wants dodge nerfed.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

But the people taking this seriously are so funny!

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Actually, I think legs should be removed from the game entirely. They allow for too many shenanigans, like running and other such bullkitten. Please nerf.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

I disagree completely if anything dodge is UNDERPOWERED. Why can we only dodge 2 times??? If I can spam 1 1 1 1 1 1, I should be able to spam dodge dodge dodge. Nerf dodge and I quit the game.

TL:DR – remove vigor and remove the endurance bar. L2P and predict dodges like a man

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I disagree completely if anything dodge is UNDERPOWERED. Why can we only dodge 2 times??? If I can spam 1 1 1 1 1 1, I should be able to spam dodge dodge dodge. Nerf dodge and I quit the game.

TL:DR – remove vigor and remove the endurance bar. L2P and predict dodges like a man

How about we compromise. I’ll sacrifice my 1 attack if you give up dodge rolling.

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

How bout you delete your char and I’ll give up dodge rolling?

Scrub.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

The devs have said multiple times that they want players to have the ability to react to powers. iberserker has a .25 second delay for this exact reason. Dodge is not getting nerfed.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

The devs have said multiple times that they want players to have the ability to react to powers. iberserker has a .25 second delay for this exact reason. Dodge is not getting nerfed.

This thread: —-——————-

Your head:—————————-

Sound effects: WHOOSH!!!

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

I don’t get it

in Mesmer

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

No No No… trolling is the act of putting bait out for a bite. The better sound would be that of a fishing reel doing that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

No No No… trolling is the act of putting bait out for a bite. The better sound would be that of a fishing reel doing that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound.

And bite they did.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It’s no wonder people want a nerf to Dodge. Dodge complicates combat beyond choosing the highest burst (PvP) or DPS (PvE) ability and spamming it.

For someone who comes from say, WoW, this is needlessly complicated and probably annoying.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

It’s no wonder people want a nerf to Dodge. Dodge complicates combat beyond choosing the highest burst (PvP) or DPS (PvE) ability and spamming it.

For someone who comes from say, WoW, this is needlessly complicated and probably annoying.

…and they keep biting. It’s sort of hilarious actually.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

Well Ive made a build, that is so freaking epic, here it is.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

yet to be fun people should avoid mistakes like using for examples skills that doens t need dodge like dragon s tooth.

That won t hit anything regardless of dodging due to a silly design.
Needs a target but then locks in the spot of where is launched after many seconds…. even if you are walking cluelessly without noticing you won t be hit.

So
remove dodging use energy bar for walk

@eslafiel….a similar build would make half forum cry for nerfs…look at tpvp… XD a wall with legs is OP so even a dust ball rolling should be.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

remove dodging use energy bar for walk

Done.

@eslafiel: I like it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

hahaha good one…oh wait u are serious…oh..

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Then people can no longer b*%^& about the skill on dodge traits or being hit with confusion because they dodged. haha.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer