The new Grandmaster traits and torment builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Risen.1360

Risen.1360

So with the new April patch, a new grandmaster trait was introduced for Mesmers. The new trait allows torment stacks to be applied on enemies upon shattering your illusions or phantasms.
I was messing around with my mesmer and exploring new stats, combos, and maybe a new successful build. I’m no expert with Mesmers as it’s only been a few months that I’ve been playing a mesmer but I while i was exploring a new build. I came upon a 0/20/20/0/30 build with rampager armor, Superior Runes of The Tormenting and Rabid trinkets. I know that weilding a scepter would be great for torment but, i personally don’t the like the scepter and can’t get used to it.

I’m hoping to get some attention on the forums so players start exploring this type of build and hopefully ending up with a new torment build that’s great for WvW and PvP.
Please feel free to correct me if i’m wrong or my build strategies have major weaknesses.
Thanks a lot!

in Mesmer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

If you can supply some more info on your proposed build such as the exact traits I’d be more than happy to test it out. I ran a torment shatter on patch release with scepter/sword and staff and it isn’t all that bad.

Säïnt

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m trying this build right now for WvW. It’s kind of a torment tank
http://bit.ly/1gNO8ah

It’s slow, so you need to travel with friends or swap in focus for running (but still slow). You can’t chase anyone down.

I don’t have all this gear yet, but I can take a camp in under a minute. I never played the 20/20/30 blackwater builds, but I would guess this plays fairly similarly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Some options ive been testing, there is a thread called tormentor btw it has some stuff on it. Currently using 0/4/0/4/6 I X, IV III, V IX XIII, lots vigor, lots on confusion, I love the extended blink range imo its awesome. Was messing with 0/5/3/2/6 with confusion on clone death but wasn’t getting much from DD. Crit is low so i have been using rabid, the intelligence sigils are interesting, i have been messing with them with limited success. Travelers runes, i love high mobility even at a cost in damage. Keep in mind I’m using this for spvp/soloq roamer. oh and im using scepter/torch/staff, scepter isn’t that bad you just need to practice with it, the block is really quite amazing imo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

It would also be my opinion that your going to need heavy clone production. One stack per shattering clone is weak but if can crank out clones its fine. Thats why i have vigor on crit and shattered vigor. Im using standard shatter utilitys decoy,mirror,blink and MI or TW situation dependent