The only thing I want by x-mas (for Mesmer)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Either:

1. Improve Signet of Inspiration by one of the following ways:
    a. Add 25% movement speed to Signet of Inspiration’s passive effect.
    b. Make Signet of Inspiration always apply Swiftness in addition to one Random Boon every 10 seconds.
    c. Make Signet of Inspiration always apply Swiftness out of combat and act as-is in combat.
  2. Add a new armor rune condition damage set with 25% movement speed.

Both of the current 25% movement speed armor rune sets put a real dent in the condition mesmer output capability. Without a signet, like other classes, we are pigeon holed into investing into a armor set that is far from ideal.

For example: Engineer and Necromancer have reliable movement speed sources which allows them to focus their runes on build synergies (Perplexity, Torment, ect) rather than using them to make up for a class deficiency.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

And much like a children’s christmas list, it ignores hard realities.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

… he said in a very childish way.

Welcome to the naughty list.

If you are going to disagree, how about going into some detail that can be debated or rebuked? Else, the fact that you may disagree is blatantly pointless which makes your reply a complete a waste of bandwidth.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

It would be nice to see signet of inspiration apply a random boon aswell as swiftness each and every time but since this hasn’t been mentioned I cant see it happening in the near future.

As for armor runes who knows. Many people feel that they might get nerfed in the future. For the time being on my WvW gear I’ve just stuck with speed. I’ve not long started maining Mesmer so have yet to find “my” build" and that’s part of the reason for the speed runes tbh.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kamui.4609

kamui.4609

People have been asking for a 25% movement speed signet for a full year now. I couldn’t care less about spvp but it’s very much needed in pve. The slow walk between battles is killing the fun. Deleted my mesmer because of this.

(edited by kamui.4609)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

The problem with all of these posts, is people ask for to much, and then make ridiculous claims. For one Necro’s and Engineers get there speed from two completely different sources. Necro’s, Theives, Rangers, and Elementalist use signets. The passive affect from these signets is nowhere near as powerful as signet of inspiration. It seems very unlikely there going to just tag on even more to that signet. They would have to rework it, which would be fine with some people. But i do not think they are just going to add it on.

Engineers have to put 10 points into speedy kits, which might be fine with some mesmers. But it would change all of our builds, which are already stretched if they did this.

Many thieves and rangers and ele’s are now using traveler’s runes like mesmers, because they are learning what good mesmers have known all along. A utility spot is far greater then speed. Sure you can change them out, but in my entire time fighting other players, i think I’ve seen an enemy change out a signet a second before battle, right around never.

People always post things like this. Like every class has unlimited access to swiftness (they don’t) and they have to sacrifice nothing (they do). We have access to swiftness, we have access to centaur runes, and we have access to travelers runes.

It would be nice if they fixed the focus so it wasn’t so buggy with the swiftness. But getting a signet of inspiration that constantly applies swiftness for nothing (which no sigil can do) and a random buff, and the ability to give everyone buffs is a bit much.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

For example: Engineer and Necromancer have reliable movement speed sources which allows them to focus their runes on build synergies (Perplexity, Torment, ect) rather than using them to make up for a class deficiency.

Lol@Necro

Though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see #2 happen, and would greatly like a set on both my Mesmer and Necro.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

The problem with all of these posts, is people ask for to much, and then make ridiculous claims. For one Necro’s and Engineers get there speed from two completely different sources. Necro’s, Theives, Rangers, and Elementalist use signets. The passive affect from these signets is nowhere near as powerful as signet of inspiration. It seems very unlikely there going to just tag on even more to that signet. They would have to rework it, which would be fine with some people. But i do not think they are just going to add it on.

Elementalists get swiftness from Combos (Staff), Auras (Dagger), or Glyphs (Scepter). Engineers get swiftness just by toggleing weapon kits or medkit 5. Necros get swiftness from warhorn and SA, but mostly rely on signet or traveler.

LoL @ signets being less powerful passively than SoI. You honestly believe that a random boon (read: Most likely to not be the one you actually need) is more powerful than 25% movement speed?

Many thieves and rangers and ele’s are now using traveler’s runes like mesmers, because they are learning what good mesmers have known all along. A utility spot is far greater then speed.

Many Thieves and Rangers use crit damage too. Something condi classes/specs do not get a meaningful benefit out of.

People always post things like this. Like every class has unlimited access to swiftness (they don’t) and they have to sacrifice nothing (they do). We have access to swiftness, we have access to centaur runes, and we have access to travelers runes.

And people always reply like you do when they have a narrow view of what the class should be doing. If we arn’t doing it your way it is impossible. i would gladly give up a utility spot for what some runes would do for my build. I have a lot of 80s (Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian, Warrior, and Engineer) and from personal experience they all have reliable access from multiple sources to speed of some sort. Mesmer has the least access and gets pigeon holed in order to make up for it.

It would be nice if they fixed the focus so it wasn’t so buggy with the swiftness.

Great, so pigeon holed into either a weapon choice or a armor rune choice. How considerate.

But getting a signet of inspiration that constantly applies swiftness for nothing (which no sigil can do) and a random buff, and the ability to give everyone buffs is a bit much.

Maybe you should of kept reading.

in Mesmer

Jester.1236

Engineers Do not get swiftness by simply toggling on a weapon kit, they need speedy kits. They cannot simply rely on medkit 5 for swiftness. They can also use Elixir B since we are listing them all. To get 100% reliable Swiftness an engineer needs speedy kits, which is something that they have to sacrifice for which i stated above.

SoI’s main ability is not the one buff every few seconds, but the ability to give all your buffs to your party. And a random buff for yourself. This, in Addition to more buffs like you proposed is to much. Like i said if they reworked the trait to make it like the other signets that would be fine. But there is no reason why a mesmer should get more then anyone else.

On my Guardian, and maybe your doing it better then myself. I have to trait staff and use shouts, or traits staff and use + boon duration for 100% swiftness up time. On the Guardian it seems like i’m pigeon holed into unto staff. But if there is another way i would love to know it. I really dislike having to have retreat on my bar just to maintain swiftness.

For a necro to get swiftness don’t they have to use the warhorn, and spectral walk for 100% up time? pigeon holing them into a weapon. Or they can use there signet for 25%. Which again would be fine on a mesmer, if it were just a signet like everyone else.

I do think the condition damage version wouldn’t be a bad idea.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I like the idea infact that we need a move speed signet. But to say it in a single sentence:

Signet of Inspiration now only grants swiftness when out of combat

aaaaaand we’re happy.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Engineers have to put 10 points into speedy kits, which might be fine with some mesmers. But it would change all of our builds, which are already stretched if they did this.

Many thieves and rangers and ele’s are now using traveler’s runes like mesmers, because they are learning what good mesmers have known all along. A utility spot is far greater then speed. Sure you can change them out, but in my entire time fighting other players, i think I’ve seen an enemy change out a signet a second before battle, right around never.

It would be nice if they fixed the focus so it wasn’t so buggy with the swiftness. But getting a signet of inspiration that constantly applies swiftness for nothing (which no sigil can do) and a random buff, and the ability to give everyone buffs is a bit much.

For the record, id run decoy, blink + 25% movement speed :P (atleast in pvp).

Movement speed would mitigate much more damage than a third utility slot would, atleast in pvp :P

But i already bought travelers, so…

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erifin.8423

Erifin.8423

Think the correct answer to this is we’d be far to op. Imagine passive speedbost with optimal condirunes and near perma in combat stealth. Fun to play until everyone else plays the same.
It’s called balance.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Engineers Do not get swiftness by simply toggling on a weapon kit, they need speedy kits. They cannot simply rely on medkit 5 for swiftness. They can also use Elixir B since we are listing them all. To get 100% reliable Swiftness an engineer needs speedy kits, which is something that they have to sacrifice for which i stated above.

Ok, so name an elementalist without 10 points in Arcana and tell me how that is a sacrifice. Or a mesmer without at least 5 points in Dueling. It isn’t a sacrifice when you get something so awesome for so little point investment.

SoI’s main ability is not the one buff every few seconds, but the ability to give all your buffs to your party.

That is it an active ability, for one … not its passive. And necros AE lifetap is very powerful on its 25% movement speed trinket. In PvP I find that more useful than sharing some boons to other people that may or may not be in range at the time that I achieve some boons that I may want to share. Very powerful … hardly. Situationally decent at best. SoI is most of the time not useful to anyone unlike say the Necro’s movement trinket which is always useful.

On my Guardian, and maybe your doing it better then myself. I have to trait staff and use shouts, or traits staff and use + boon duration for 100% swiftness up time. On the Guardian it seems like i’m pigeon holed into unto staff. But if there is another way i would love to know it. I really dislike having to have retreat on my bar just to maintain swiftness.

As you said … Staff (Support), Shouts (General), or Traveler Runes (DPS). Looks like all play types have access to some form of speed, which is more than I can say for Mesmer. Focus doesn’t fit into a condition build … its a support weapon.

For a necro to get swiftness don’t they have to use the warhorn, and spectral walk for 100% up time? pigeon holing them into a weapon. Or they can use there signet for 25%. Which again would be fine on a mesmer, if it were just a signet like everyone else.

Again, multiple options for multiple play styles.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Think the correct answer to this is we’d be far to op. Imagine passive speedbost with optimal condirunes and near perma in combat stealth. Fun to play until everyone else plays the same.
It’s called balance.

You mean like thieves have now?

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

That is it an active ability, for one … not its passive. And necros AE lifetap is very powerful on its 25% movement speed trinket. In PvP I find that more useful than sharing some boons to other people that may or may not be in range at the time that I achieve some boons that I may want to share. Very powerful … hardly. Situationally decent at best. SoI is most of the time not useful to anyone unlike say the Necro’s movement trinket which is always useful.

Please stop. The Necro ‘on use’ for its movement speed trinket is absolutely horrible. Nobody, at all, uses this trinket for its ‘on use’, and even less actually bother to throw it on for fear that they get caught in combat before actually putting something else in that slot. SOI is already vastly superior to the necro signet, without any buffs to SOI at all.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Please stop. The Necro ‘on use’ for its movement speed trinket is absolutely horrible. Nobody, at all, uses this trinket for its ‘on use’, and even less actually bother to throw it on for fear that they get caught in combat before actually putting something else in that slot. SOI is already vastly superior to the necro signet, without any buffs to SOI at all.

Um, I use it. So you are already incorrect. I use it as a stop gap heal between shrouds when my real heal is already down. It has actually saved me often in WvW.

SoI has never saved me … or actually helped me in any measurable way in sPvP, tPvP, or WvW.

Most of those Boons are worthless in the random situations I find myself, especially once you consider their durations and its only a single stack per apply.

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

Um, I use it. So you are already incorrect. I use it as a stop gap heal between shrouds when my real heal is already down. It has actually saved me often in WvW.

SoI has never saved me … or actually helped me in any measurable way in sPvP, tPvP, or WvW.

Most of those Boons are worthless in the random situations I find myself, especially once you consider their durations and its only a single stack per apply.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that nobody in the entire game makes bad decisions and therefore uses Signet of Locust in combat.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

… he said in a very childish way.

Welcome to the naughty list.

If you are going to disagree, how about going into some detail that can be debated or rebuked? Else, the fact that you may disagree is blatantly pointless which makes your reply a complete a waste of bandwidth.

No, actually what he/she said is not “blatantly pointless,” he/she simply stated the truth – your wish list “ignores hard realities” – which you then ignored and instead resorted to talking about things that were “blatantly pointless”….go figure.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that nobody in the entire game makes bad decisions and therefore uses Signet of Locust in combat.

Pretty sure that if the decision lead me to survive and win the fight that it qualifies as a good one.

Perhaps if you practiced more and kept an open mind you could improve your gameplay experience.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

No, actually what he/she said is not “blatantly pointless,” he/she simply stated the truth – your wish list “ignores hard realities” – which you then ignored and instead resorted to talking about things that were “blatantly pointless”….go figure.

/yawn.

Another one.

Fine, I’ll play … what hard realities? Not everyone is a ANet developer that gets to set what these realities are or anything, so if you are a developer … please … inform me. Else, your opinion on these non-listed realities is as empty as the reply that I originally replied too.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Mesmer

Jester.1236

We’ve all tried to be decent and have a conversation since you asked for one. But every person who has disagreed with you, you have spoken down to. Your basic point is, you want what you want. If anyone disagrees with you, they haven’t played enough to reach your area of expertise.

There are plenty of mesmers on this board that use boon sharing builds. You do not. That doesn’t make you better or them worse then you. So saying SoI’s active is worthless for you really doesn’t mean anything.

(edited by Jester.1236)

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

We’ve all tried to be decent and have a conversation since you asked for one. But every person who has disagreed with you, you have spoken down to. Your basic point is, you want what you want. If anyone disagrees with you, they haven’t played enough to reach your area of expertise.

There are plenty of mesmers on this board that use boon sharing builds. You do not. That doesn’t make you better or them worse then you. So saying SoI’s active is worthless for you really doesn’t mean anything.

No, Jester … they have been condescending, like you have been. Remember the whole ‘only people that make these threads don’t know what they are talking about and make ridiculous claims’ theme of your original thread?

It was the one where you were going on and on about the passive effect of SoI was so much better than 25% speed blah blah blah until I countered the argument. Then it wasn’t passive , but the active ability … until I countered that argument.

The others havn’t been any better … like the person I can’t even verify actually has a necro, let alone played one … claiming that an ability they don’t ever use is somehow weaker than a completely random boon every 10s. Then when I argued how good I found the signet it was all about how people that don’t do things his/her way just make bad decisions. /rollseyes.

Then you have the guy that just likes to spout off about unmentioned hard realities that everyone is supposed to know and be ruled over and if you don’t know what these unmentioned realities are then all points you can make are void or something.

If this is the ‘We’ you are speaking of then I really not worried about not getting your approval. However, if by ‘we’ you mean the Mesmer community … then I just have to laugh. The mesmer community deserves better then to be represented by what I have seen here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

I would like to see the issues with Temporal Curtain (TC) fixed first. I think the swiftness boon from TC should at least overwrite (since swiftness stacking is apparently too powerful) any existing swiftness boons of lesser duration, thereby guaranteeing the 12s swiftness you are entitled to. If TC was fixed then I think Signet of Inspiration would be less of an annoyance. Except for swiftness, and perhaps aegis, the other random out of combat boons do nothing for my build. That random swiftness boon is definitely a problem doing jumping puzzles. Overall, I’d say the out of combat passive effect is something of a troll by the game designer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Traveler

Wish granted.

Sure it’s not pure +Cnd Dmg like you wanted, but Boon Duration, Condition Duration, and +30 to all stats works very well with just about every single build out there.

If you’re thinking of coming back and posting something like “well that rune dont have exactly what i wanted and so i do not accept it and must haz EXACTLY what i asked fer!!!!!1” Then just stop now. ANet has already provided Mesmers an option for 25% movement speed that compromises very little in the way of other stats.

This actually is a better alternative to having a runspeed Signet. If SoI were to be changed to include runspeed then it would also be nerfed to not provide as many buffs (if any). That would break some excellent builds. But instead, we get to have armor runes that not only synergize very well with SoI and condition builds, but also allow us to have 25% runspeed while remaining free to choose any 3 utilities we want (unlike other classes which can only have 2 utilities if they want the runspeed).

In the end, advantage Mesmer.

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zevlik.8109

Zevlik.8109

A couple things here I wanted to mention…

1. I love traveler’s runes, I use them in my build and they fit perfectly best rune set I could get at the moment. For my condi spec I’d rather have something else, these still work because I get some stats out of it but they really are not optimal for it. It’s odd there’s no speed with condi rune set, there might be a reason for it but just odd. I don’t consider runes the answer to the mesmer speed problem, it helps to have options but I feel like I have limited choices in WvW if I want to keep up with the pack, even with 25% all the time I fall behind if I miss swiftness from group members or if I’m running back myself.

2. Temp Curtain there’s no reason this shouldn’t stack with other swiftness period. You can already blast stack statics to infinite speed duration. My TC is practically worthless in these situations and I drop it down for people that might have missed stacks and that’s it. If you don’t want it to stack with other swiftness I’d rather you just remove it and give it something else (line of warding maybe…please? how cool would that be line of warding with a pull option! =D)

3. Signet of Inspiration is decent where it is, it would be nice if it added swiftness all the time with a random boon, or make a trait that adds this to it, 25% would work too. I use this in PVE and would be tempted to use it all the time if I already didn’t have hard decisions to make in regards to utilities (I wants them all!! muahahahaha). I would have to agree though changing this signet entirely would hurt builds that are using it already in the current form, but separating out the speed buff and adding it as an addition wouldn’t but might be OP (why I suggested a trait instead).

~ Zev
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

A couple things here I wanted to mention…

A couple is 2 … you listed 3 things! :p

I would have to agree though changing this signet entirely would hurt builds that are using it already in the current form, but separating out the speed buff and adding it as an addition wouldn’t but might be OP (why I suggested a trait instead).

I am in favor of it acting as a 25% full time speed or Swiftness every 10 seconds out of combat. In combat it would work just like it does now. That would give everyone want they want, I think.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

2. Temp Curtain there’s no reason this shouldn’t stack with other swiftness period. You can already blast stack statics to infinite speed duration.

Only skills that stack swiftness are those that don’t use ground targeting. Why? For the extremely simple reason that you could use your own TC running back and forth and stack 1 min of swift or more.
No idea what it has to do with lightning combo. But if you are running with a zerg you don’t even need a focus for switfness.

My TC is practically worthless in these situations and I drop it down for people that might have missed stacks and that’s it. If you don’t want it to stack with other swiftness I’d rather you just remove it and give it something else (line of warding maybe…please? how cool would that be line of warding with a pull option! =D)

You mean something else like reflecting projectiles? Wow that would be awesome, I hope Anet reads this.

Thanks for bringing common sense into this thread.

Also people complaining about mobility, you might want to trait blink to be a 1200 range teleport every 24 seconds.

Bläck Dähliä

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Only skills that stack swiftness are those that don’t use ground targeting. Why? For the extremely simple reason that you could use your own TC running back and forth and stack 1 min of swift or more.
No idea what it has to do with lightning combo. But if you are running with a zerg you don’t even need a focus for switfness.

Sigh, that isn’t what he asked for. He said he wants it to stack with OTHER swiftness buffs. Not itself.

Thanks for bringing common sense into this thread.

Also people complaining about mobility, you might want to trait blink to be a 1200 range teleport every 24 seconds.

Yes, because people that don’t agree with you obviously do not have common sense.
So … its common sense to equate a flat 25% speed signet to burning blink all the time with a 20 point investment (10 in two lines) in order to have something that is inferior? 1200 / 24 = 50 units per second increase if you max out the range each time.

Movement speed is 300 units per second. 25% would be a 75 unit per second increase ( 1,800 unit average over 24s ). 33% would be a 100 unit per second increase ( 2,400 unit average over 24s ).

Side note:
Warrior’s Rush = 1200 / 20 = 60 u/s increase ( 1,440 unit average over 24s )
Warrior’s Whirlwind Attack = 450 / 10 = 45 u/s increase ( 1,080 unit average over 24s )
Warrior’s Savage Leap = 600 / 8 = 75 u/s increase ( 1,800 unit average over 24s )

Every 20s a Warrior could move an additional 3,600 units in addition to anything gained by swiftness. ( 4,320 unit average over 24s )

Really puts that whole blink thing into perspective. That is all base too without considering traits.

Lets compare that to Mesmer focus (base):
+100 u/s for 12 seconds every 25 seconds. 1200 / 25 = 48 u/s increase
and now traited (-20% cooldown, +30% duration = 50 point investment):
+100 u/s for 15 seconds every 20 seconds. 1500 / 20 = 75 u/s increase (yay we matched untraited warrior sword!!)

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Mesmer

Zevlik.8109

Sigh, that isn’t what he asked for. He said he wants it to stack with OTHER swiftness buffs. Not itself.

Correct, stacking with others not itself. They changed this in beta because people were using it to stack with itself and having extreme amounts of speed. Since then it seems they are adding more speed and doesn’t seem to be such an issue anymore that people have long periods of swiftness. I might be wrong here but I’m pretty sure symbol of swiftness stacks with itself and others which happens to be ground targeted .

As for the combo, I was referring to people can get massive amounts of swiftness by blasting static fields already so I don’t see why it’s an issue to stack our swiftness with others.

And with reflection…sure you can get this with a trait, I was talking about removing the swiftness and snare effect and making it a wall instead without using a trait. Or change the trait to make it a wall and give TC and warden natural reflection.

~ Zev
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

Yes, because people that don’t agree with you obviously do not have common sense.

Are you seriously comparing any class mobility to gs/s warrior’s mobility? (which should get nerfed in my opinion).

Correct, stacking with others not itself […] I might be wrong here but I’m pretty sure symbol of swiftness stacks with itself and others which happens to be ground targeted .

You mean temporal curtain should stack swiftness on people who already have swiftness on, and then somehow recognize who already gained switfness from it and don’t provide swiftness to them again? And what if you had different mesmers laying down temporal curtains?

The thing is, I don’t even see the point in temporal curtain stacking with others, if you are running with a zerg you’ll have 1-2 minutes from blasting lightning fields and warriors warhorns anyway. If you are running with 2-4-5 people, only use it when you ran out of swiftness.

About guardians ->Symbol of Swiftness: Applies 8 seconds if you have no swiftness and 1 second if you have swiftness. Devs wanna change it to 4 seconds of swiftness per pulse, and guardians aren’t very happy about it.

Bläck Dähliä

(edited by Upham.6137)

in Mesmer

Zevlik.8109

Are you seriously comparing any class mobility to gs/s warrior’s mobility? (which should get nerfed in my opinion).

Correct, stacking with others not itself […] I might be wrong here but I’m pretty sure symbol of swiftness stacks with itself and others which happens to be ground targeted .

You mean temporal curtain should stack swiftness on people who already have swiftness on, and then somehow recognize who already gained switfness from it and don’t provide swiftness to them again? And what if you had different mesmers laying down temporal curtains?

The thing is, I don’t even see the point in temporal curtain stacking with others, if you are running with a zerg you’ll have 1-2 minutes from blasting lightning fields and warriors warhorns anyway. If you are running with 2-4-5 people, only use it when you ran out of swiftness.

About guardians ->Symbol of Swiftness: Applies 8 seconds if you have no swiftness and 1 second if you have swiftness. Devs wanna change it to 4 seconds of swiftness per pulse, and guardians aren’t very happy about it.

For those times that you are not with a zerg but one other person, they blow their warhorn and your TC is worthless. I don’t see why it’s a problem to let it stack if you can already stack all that swiftness is my point. Not everyone always run with a zerg or statics to blast. It would be nice to have some way to make it play nice with other swiftness is all.

In theory we could take symbol of swiftness and try to improve on the mechanics that are similar to this. Like something maybe along the lines of if you have swiftness that is more or equal to what TC would give you it stacks for less (1 second or whatever) but still stacks. If you have less you get TC’s duration added. They already have code for symbol of swiftness to detect this it would just need to be adjusted AND they could use that same code and apply it to symbol of swiftness to improve it as well. I know I don’t care for the pulsing of the symbol can’t count how many times I’ve missed the pulse lol.

I didn’t really consider two TC’s but that’s why I posted so that it can be fine tuned and adjusted! I don’t suppose it needs to recognize the TC’s swiftness just swiftness in general, keeping that in mind making some sort of TC/Symbol hybrid is probably a better direction to go in.

~ Zev
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Actually, I would rather see the cooldown of the signet to be +/- 20 seconds. That would actually make it viable for active use.
Also, make the passive effect to let a boon trigger every 7.5/8 seconds. 10 just seems a bit stupid.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

Actually, here is a different thought; what if a utility skill was introduced for ALL classes that granted swiftness? Similar to how we all got the same universal heal. Make it give swiftness say 50-60% uptime, and with high Concentration for those who spec for it you have perma swiftness through that attribute line. This would put everyone on par for having utility skill that gives perma-swiftness. After all, speed buffs are the single biggest advantage along with Vigor for dodging that players have for staying alive in any kind of combat.

We ought to all be able to at least have access to a speed buff that is reasonably equivalent. As someone who has dealt with using Focus purely for TC for a long time, I grew to hate the focus. I hated not running fast enough too often and others outrunning or outmaneuvering me with their speed buffs. Having Focus felt like I was hamstrung, forced to take it or leave it. I would have given anything to take one of my signets and just have perma-swiftness off of it. As soon as Traveler’s came out, I took to it with glee, but it still irks me that my weapon choices are free to me, when my choice of runes are not. I don’t want to come to feel dependent on a Rune set because it gives me swiftness, because there are much cooler things I could be doing without it. I want to have FUN with my builds, and ultimately having a utility skill that gets me speed would be the easiest and least painful way to do that.

Mesmer’s don’t complain about swiftness because they are whiner babies, they complain because it hurts them more than in the other classes where the options are, in fact, better for them to get it. But if anyone has qualms against giving Mesmer’s more access to swiftness, we can compromise: give me blink on a 10 second cooldown and I will be fabulous with it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cael.3960

Cael.3960

Give me illusions that dodge in a random direction whenever I do.

Though if that’s not an option, I’ll take the 10 second blink in a heartbeat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyberwolf.5830

cyberwolf.5830

I think every class should have the three options to get speed:
1. signed
2. trait
3. rune

Or make everyone run the same speed in wvw (the real problem with speed is that enemy can outrun you in wvw).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

1. signed
2. trait
3. rune

Or make everyone run the same speed in wvw (the real problem with speed is that enemy can outrun you in wvw).

While WvW is a bid deal by all accounts, lets not get stuck on it either. Speed is just as pertinent in tPvP/sPvP and PvE/dungeons as well. There is no way to talk down about being able to outrun things; it matters everywhere. Its a big factor in normal gameplay, just like dodging and vigor, so either no one has perma-swift options, or we all do. Remember, this is a crucial function of the game itself, and having a lot of swiftness over others will frustrate opposing players and empower those who have it as a result. I just think because of how basic and simple this concept is it tends to get underestimated when it really shouldn’t.

Also, I think mesmer running trait should be re-worked because its only use is in combat and the buff it gives is too small to have any impact, maybe make it so you have 25% running buff without clones and you lose 5% per clone you have out. That way you get perma-swift when not fighting, while evading, and you still get a small swiftness even with all 3 clones out so it doesn’t feel too punishing in a fight.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

1. signed
2. trait
3. rune

While WvW is a bid deal by all accounts, lets not get stuck on it either. Speed is just as pertinent in tPvP/sPvP and PvE/dungeons as well. There is no way to talk down about being able to outrun things; it matters everywhere. Its a big factor in normal gameplay, just like dodging and vigor, so either no one has perma-swift options, or we all do. Remember, this is a crucial function of the game itself, and having a lot of swiftness over others will frustrate opposing players and empower those who have it as a result. I just think because of how basic and simple this concept is it tends to get underestimated when it really shouldn’t.

Also, I think mesmer running trait should be re-worked because its only use is in combat and the buff it gives is too small to have any impact, maybe make it so you have 25% running buff without clones and you lose 5% per clone you have out. That way you get perma-swift when not fighting, while evading, and you still get a small swiftness even with all 3 clones out so it doesn’t feel too punishing in a fight.

But at that point, why not remove the trait altogether and just make mesmers faster by default.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artereis.1260

Artereis.1260

I’d settle for a rabbit walking through my curtain not putting me in combat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I’d settle for a rabbit walking through my curtain not putting me in combat.

Last time I checked, rabbits are immune to conditions and don’t put you in combat :o.

Unless its the champion rabbit in fractals :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

My Mesmer wishlist (in order of preference):

1:; Primary Hand Pistol
1: Mind Shot: Three shot combo every X seconds, adds vulnerability on third shot.
2: Chaotic Unload: 4 shots in rapid fire, 4th removes a boon.
5: Chaos Reversed: Spawn a clone that dodges backwards, becomes “Swap”.

2: A “Torch” skin that actually matches those of the Whisperblade / Vision of Mists.

3: A signet choice that does have a 25% run speed in addition to its current.

4: General: armor appearance item that allows mixed armor visuals (visual only not stats).