Theorycrafting a Signet build

Theorycrafting a Signet build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Starting next patch it looks like Signet builds could become viable and fun, as well as possibly quite useful to your team. Most weaker Signets have seen some boosts, and of course the main Signet-oriented traits have been combined into one Master trait.

I think I would use the following in my heal, Elite, and utility slots:
Signet of Ether – traited will be 28s CD, will need good illusion generation to make it work. (Might change this for EF, depends on testing)
Signet of Inspiration – At least 50% Swiftness uptime, extra boons, boon-sharing active with a now 30s CD.
Signet of Midnight – Nice low CD, nice active AE Blind, and a boosted bonus that now provides 20% condie duration. Most importantly, the stun break on a low CD!
Signet of Humility – The new Moa with a lovely passive effect that reduces Daze/Stun/Fear/Taunt durations by 20%. Also of course, Moa on a 20% reduced CD!
Signet of Domination – Although I’d probably keep the last slot for Blink, I might try to see if I can reach that 700 Condition damage. Even Celestial might fit in this build, all depends on how the GS GM works out for stacking Might. With the 180 Condie damage on this Signet, we may pull off some decent bleed & confusion damage from Dueling + pDuelist. And the 3s stun ain’t bad either! ;-)

For weapon sets I think I would go with Sword/Pistol and GS. I want two strong Phantasms in this build even if it’s not only a Phantasm build. Zerker gear with Pack runes for both the Prec + Fury and the Swiftness duration to enhance the passive on SoI. (65% Swiftness uptime OOC)

Domination:
Adept – Empowered Illusions
Maser – Blurred Inscriptions
GM – Imagined Burden or Mental Anguish, just depends on whether we want to try out Celestial w/ Might stacking, or just go straight shatter with MA.

Pretty straight forward, this build will get a lot of it’s damage from Phantasms.

Dueling:
Adept – Toss up between Phantasmal Fury or Duelist Discipline. If we go Celestial then definitely DD, but for a Power build I’d take PF.
Master – Blinding Dissipation (I could possibly see FF if we maybe went with Knight’s Amulet for more Toughness, then we’ll need the Ferocity!)
GM – DE (Could even see HM here if we focused more on Phantasm damage, as we have Inspiration to really make HM work. So we could then use MoR and basically max out that 20% damage bonus by just using our heal 3 times. Which will also remove up to 6 conditions AoE. I realize the 20% won’t affect Phants, but will make us hurt a lot more with GS & Sword attacks.)

We want Inspiration to share out all of our Distortions, and it’s a kick but line anyway that provides us with strong ability to clear conditions and keep ourselves healed.

Inspiration:
Adept – Nothing really worthwhile so might as well take the support route with Medic’s Feedback. (Although if we go with HM above, we’d probably take RM here.)
Master – Restorative Illusions to help with Condition clearing and keep us healed
GM – Mental Defense. It’s just pure awesome!

I think the synergies are pretty awesome and it looks like Anet put some thought into making Signet builds more viable. In the making of this I’m starting to lean more and more to the support route with Phantasms for damage and shatters mostly in a pinch to keep myself healed or for a finishing burst.

This would mean Imagined Burden, HM, and RM and using MoR for healing. (and maybe Evasive Mirror or even FF) Between AE Condie Clears, AE Diversions, and AE heals (both small and occasionally larger) I think the group utility would be pretty awesome. Also stacking Might and HM bonuses, maybe even FF, means you can also dole out pretty nasty damage despite being tanky and not built around power-shattering. (GS AA, MB, MS, BF, and even MW should all hit hard if you ramp up a bit.)

I’d lean towards Celestial depending on how heavily it is nerfed, or Knights otherwise (maybe with FF & Air runes to build more Ferocity). The reason being that as support you want to be hard to take down.

Anyway, I’m sure I’ve overlooked something, but I’m excited to explore all the new options & synergies. GG!

(edited by Windwalker.7421)